Mike perry reminds me of phil baroni

TankvsNelmark

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Big talker, bar room brawler who just wings hay makers with questionable cardio ,who will never beat the top guys but always put on exciting fights.

"I wasn't even knocked out. If you watch the fight, it looks horrible because I just collapse. He hit a part of my nervous system that knocked my motor functions out. I collapsed because I couldn't move. But I never lost consciousness."

Didn't know bar room brawlers knocked people out with knees and elbows.

Actually that is a great comparison.

Perry has a big mouth and serious power but he lacks the skills and cardio to be great. Plus his chin is made of fragile glass. It's only a matter of time until we see him KTFO in the octagon.

He will probably stick around he UFC for a while because he has a following and they'll give him cans to crush. But he'll never be near the top 10.

Prime Baroni would mop the floor with Perry. Better boxing,wrestling and more power. In general just more talented.

Mike Perry reminds me of pretty much every mid-level gate keeper we've ever seen in The UFC <45>

Actually that is a great comparison.

Perry has a big mouth and serious power but he lacks the skills and cardio to be great. Plus his chin is made of fragile glass. It's only a matter of time until we see him KTFO in the octagon.

He will probably stick around he UFC for a while because he has a following and they'll give him cans to crush. But he'll never be near the top 10.

He just fought a top ten guy to a close decision, rocked him a couple times and came reasonably close to finishing. Ponzi also landed a lot on Perry, so i dont think can say he has a glass jaw either.

His cardio went out tonight but he did KO Roberts late in the third, and today was a very taxing bout.

I dont even like Perry, think he is a douche. He's a good fighter though. Not amazing like his annoying huggers keep trying to say but good.

Someone already mentioned Leben and i think he's a similar fighter. Will stick around a long time and be a good, exciting gatekeeper.

Big talker, bar room brawler who just wings hay makers with questionable cardio ,who will never beat the top guys but always put on exciting fights.

I was thinking the exact same thing during the fight.

Not even a Perry fan, but he would kick the shit out of Baroni, even Prime Baroni.

I can see the comparison though. Baroni 2.0

Someone already mentioned Leben and i think he's a similar fighter. Will stick around a long time and be a good, exciting gatekeeper.
Chris Leben was MUCH better than Mike Perry is. He is criminally underrated on here.

Chris Leben was MUCH better than Mike Perry is. He is criminally underrated on here.

Power and chin definitely but technical imo they are not far apart. Or maybe I have to rewatch some Leben fights. Leben was the more dangerous fighter for Sure.

He just fought a top ten guy to a close decision

Except it wasn't really that close. I laughed when Perry thought he would get the decision, seemed amazed that he didn't. Perry's a brawler, that's it. UFC will try to feed him low level guys with little technical ability.

facepalm-cain.jpg

Back