Mike Perry needs to

He needs to work on more functional training. He looked slow as molasses. The girl can stay he just needs a more experience fight camp

If the dude is fighting in the UFC and can't utilize a jab, I don't see what could make him improve to where he will need to be.

The guy is too slow and has poor balance to ever be a serious contender. Grade A camp or not. I mean LW champ Tony has no camp but he has speed, balance from 22 years wrestling, and is an athlete. JMO. Basically Plat is a grade D athlete aint no fixing it.

LOL Mike the Slug Perry well and truely de-tailed.

Eat PP fans lol

Haha imagine having you're girlfriend cornering you... Nononono

Frustrating watching Perry fight sometimes

He's just waiting to unload that right, but guys keep running from him and touching him up on their bicycle and he can't seem to find an answer for that right now

Dude is a warrior tho and has a solid chin.. But he's been figured out now and needs to switch things up or take some time off to hone his skills

But I agree. Get wifey out of the corner, and go to Roufusport, Jackson's, or Hard Knocks 365 w/ Hooft. That would be a good one and the right fit for him I think

didn't watch the fight.

is his sister, Katy Perry?

He needs to work on more functional training. He looked slow as molasses. The girl can stay he just needs a more experience fight camp
He needs to get his GED and get a nice job far away from the fight game.

Frustrating watching Perry fight sometimes

He's just waiting to unload that right, but guys keep running from him and touching him up on their bicycle and he can't seem to find an answer for that right now

Dude is a warrior tho and has a solid chin.. But he's been figured out now and needs to switch things up or take some time off to hone his skills

But I agree. Get wifey out of the corner, and go to Roufusport, Jackson's, or Hard Knocks 365 w/ Hooft. That would be a good one and the right fit for him I think

He can’t find an answer because he’s flat footed and doesn’t really have anything besides a heavy overhand and a solid hook that he throws from his waist.

But that’s the thing, if you just plant yourself and swing for the fences every shot, you’re going to be heavy handed. His style is completely built around that one thing.

Mike Perry, light on his feet, cutting angles and pumping out the jab with his hands up is not going to be as heavy handed. I’m sure he’ll hit hard, but not quite as hard. Especially since he doesn’t seem to possess the timing someone like say Jeremy Stevens has. So we’re talking about a completely different fighter.

Honestly I think he is lacking so many fundamental skills at 26 there’s no hope he’s going to develop into anything that resembles a ranked fighter. Especially at the rate he is accumulating damage.

And this has always been true. I’m not a Platinum hater, but I’ve been saying for awhile that I’m baffled by faith his fan base has (had?) in him rising to the top of the rankings. Especially considering he’s never shown anything other than heavy hands.

Stop acting like such a douche at weigh ins. I enjoy his fights, but ita pretty pathetic to try and pull some guys pants down and then come out and damn near get finished.

He showed less this fight than he did last. I even saw his load ups coming from a mile away. He didn't do so that much vs ponz. He needs a striking coach that knows his style and to build on that rather than try and change him.

You can tell when he starts out he tries to be this slick striker but he goes back to what he truly is. You need a coach who can just add to what he has or he will neverprogress due to trying to change him.

He needs a mike passenier. Someone who knows how to deal with guys like this. Not some ufc gym bullshit
His cardio was better.

he needs to jump in a time machine back to the 90's when one trick ponys ruled the MMA world.

Back