Mike Perry, let's put some perspective on him

I'm not comparing him right now to them at their primes. I'm comparing him after 10 fights to them after 10 fights, do you not see that as fair?

I don't get why people can't grasp this. When Aldo was at the stage platinum is at now he hadn't even worked his way up to Jonathan brookins yet, Anderson was making his pride debut, Fedor was barley able to get by Babalu.

There was a guy who started his career 20-1-1 (1 NC) (just over 4 years) with only 4 fights going to decision and 6-0 in the UFC. Why dont you compare Platinum to the great...
20140512113525_IMG_5315.JPG

I just wanted to have a serious conversation where we can all put the hyperbole and hatred to one side and consider his career to date when compared to some of the greatest MMA fighters ever at a similar stage in their career.
You already done went full-retard.
A nobody beat some other nobodies, and was beaten by another nobody.
You're either delusional, or a gleefully obvious troll.

Great analysis, well done TS...even some of the greats had more setbacks at the same point in their career...one controversial decision loss by no means defines Perry's career...Perry's skills and KO power are undeniable...it will be interesting to see who they match him up with after he KO's Ellenberger...I think he's probably three wins away from a title shot right now...

Both Jones' and Fedor's first losses were flukes that should've never occurred. Not to mention the ridiculousness of this thread, in general.

Ryan Bader was undefeated after his first ten fights (10 - 0 not counting 3 "exhibitions" on TUF), won the ultimate fighter, and had three fights in the UFC. He is nowhere near the GOAT but was 12-0 until he ran into someone who is in the GOAT conversation. On the way to Jones he knocked out Jardine, beat Lil' Nog, submitted Kingsbury, KO'd Tom Lawlor, TKO'd Vinny Magalhaes, and generally faced tougher comp. Again not goat or anywhere near it. Perry has to do a lot more to enter the conversation...

Well done OP, this is probably the most insightful and well thought out thread in recent history on Sherdog. Perry's career trajectory is almost identical to the other all-time greats. It is only a matter of time before the doubters open their eyes and realize what they are witnessing. People like you who stand up to the hatred and spread the gospel of truth make this world a better place. and for that I commend you.
<Gordonhat>

It would be more appropriate to compare Perry to Houston Alexander.

Rofl.

Perry fans are so desperate to justify him after he got his ass beat by a gatekeeper. The fact is the mentioned fighters in this thread showed far more potential than Pery ever has.

It's only a matter of time before perry enters that top 3-5 goat list.

As a person who is cautious about calling myself a fan of fighter X or Y, I must say you did a great job of convincing me to have a closer look at this Perry guy.

Does he have a fight scheduled yet?

As a person who is cautious about calling myself a fan of fighter X or Y, I must say you did a great job of convincing me to have a closer look at this Perry guy.

Does he have a fight scheduled yet?
Yeah he's got Jake Ellenberger next month. I think it's going to be an execution.

Yeah he's got Jake Ellenberger next month. I think it's going to be an execution.
Thanks, bro.

I didn't know Perry has such a cult following on Sherdog. We need more real fans like you "Platinum Nation" people to keep MMA a real thing. Good job guys!

Guys, don't be so hard on the Perry fan bois. We need the casuals and dummies around to pump the fan base and $ in the sport. We need these "flash in the pan" fighters like Perry, Van Zant, and CM Punk.

PVZ is not a flash in the pan. She has 6 fights in the UFC, and she rededicates herself to the sport every time she loses despite the hater brigade claiming she is going to disappear. She's definitely not the best in her division, but there's no shame in being slightly above average in your division in the promotion with the most talent. She also has a lot of room to grow, and I believe she will improve.

CM Punk is a flash in the pan.

I don't think Mike Perry will be a flash in the pan. What else is that guy going to do? Study medicine and become a doctor? I think he is a born fighter.

PVZ is not a flash in the pan. She has 6 fights in the UFC, and she rededicates herself to the sport every time she loses despite the hater brigade claiming she is going to disappear. She's definitely not the best in her division, but there's no shame in being slightly above average in your division in the promotion with the most talent. She also has a lot of room to grow, and I believe she will improve.

CM Punk is a flash in the pan.

I don't think Mike Perry will be a flash in the pan. What else is that guy going to do? Study medicine and become a doctor? I think he is a born fighter.

I'll give you the PVZ point. She has some good wins against higher ranked opponents.

Has the "Platinum Nation" finished collecting a suitable sample size of his pubic hair yet?

You know, in order to make chains and lockets out of?

I think he's a cross between trailor park trash and a wigger. That's about it.

Mike Perry has more potential being a meme than a fighter.

Back