Mike Perry criticizes Al Iaquinta’s post-fight rants: ‘You need to fix your priorities’

And this is why Platinum has 50,000 more and Al doesn't. Butt hurt Al signed with the UFC after a few fights in ROC. He didn't sign with Bellator, he didn't sign with WSOF (two organizations that could not exist without the UFC). He signed with UFC, knowing exactly what guys could expect to make (they make more now then when he first appeared on the scene).

UFC fighters do not make more now than when Al Iaquinta appeared on the scene. That's why Raging Al is riled. That's also why guys like Rory MacDonald have left for Bellator. Practically speaking the Reebok deal resulted in a very large income fight for most fighters.

Damn.....Dana slid his dick right down Perry's throat.

You gotta listen close when Mike talks or you might miss the jewels being dropped

Positive Platinum Mike Perry can not be stopped (unless you are a Olympic level sprinter/Americas next top model)

IMG_1565.JPG

“I was trying to offer this man some advice,” Perry said on The MMA Hour. “The way I put it may have seemed disrespectful, but ... you think you’re going to get a bonus when you just run around disrespecting somebody who’s paying your bills, things like that?

“You work hard for this, then conduct yourself properly. He said ‘f*ck you’ to the people who are setting this up for you. If you have a sour attitude towards these people who are giving you the opportunity people dream of, you need to fix your priorities.”

So, Perry reasoned, when he hears athletes like Iaquinta so publicly raging against the same brass who sign his checks, he feels a need to defend the UFC.

“I’m watching out for the UFC,” Perry said. “He can’t just be bad-mouthing people who are doing the same thing for me. I got their back too because they got mine.”

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/2...t-fight-rants-you-need-to-fix-your-priorities
Shows that mma fighters will never have a union. Also shows that he is an idiot for believing the UFC has his back.

Shows that mma fighters will never have a union. Also shows that he is an idiot for believing the UFC has his back.
Yeah a union is only as successful as the collective intelligence of fighters, which is questionable at best. To be fair, you have to be of the mind that YOU will be the world title holder to realistically be good in the UFC, which in a game-theory scenario means it's rational from their warped perspectives to abandon unionizing to chase extremely rare riches outside a union.

Like I said before; he is basically imitating the Diaz brothers and it worked out for them. It may or may not work for him; but he's following a proven pathway.

I get what he is saying; you know don't bite the hand that feeds you, right?

But when Dana said the best thing about the show was leaving on the plane....

Every UFC fighter should have risen as one and said off with his head. He goes on his private jet while most of you ham-and-eggers flew coach and stayed at the Ramada.

That statement included you Perry. You goof.

Tell me about how Dana has your back when you need knee surgery and Dana says "aww man I left my wallet in my other jacket".

Last edited:
Yeah a union is only as successful as the collective intelligence of fighters, which is questionable at best. To be fair, you have to be of the mind that YOU will be the world title holder to realistically be good in the UFC, which in a game-theory scenario means it's rational from their warped perspectives to abandon unionizing to chase extremely rare riches outside a union.
LOL...

I don't know if a union or any collective would be successful. But these guys continue to amaze me by working against each other against their own interests.

Look at Cormier. He is blaming Jones for everything. They should be an example and get together on this. Cut the middleman and let the UFC know that the champion and the number contender have already spoken on this and you can't do what you did with Khabib and Alvarez to us.

But nah, Jones is his enemy. Dana is his friend.

I would have never thought of a day when Mike Perry actually sounds smarter than another fighter.

Professor Perry PhD dropping that knowledge

Okay, but nothing works for everybody, so I don't see what's the point in saying that.
The point is, if his goal is to get paid more, then what he's doing right now isn't working. He needs to do whatever can work for him to maximize his purses. Perpetually angry guy that trashes hotel rooms, tells the UFC to go fuck themselves, and blows snot rockets into his sponsors shirts is not working.

Perry's new name shall be from hear on out MKAP Mike Kiss Ass Perry. I am talking about kissing dana's and the ufc's ass guys, jsyk

The point is, if his goal is to get paid more, then what he's doing right now isn't working. He needs to do whatever can work for him to maximize his purses. Perpetually angry guy that trashes hotel rooms, tells the UFC to go fuck themselves, and blows snot rockets into his sponsors shirts is not working.

Excellent post

Excellent post

yeah but this whole speech of perry makes it sounds like a total kiss ass when he talks about having the ufc's back when it is obvious the ufc screws it's fighters. dude just wants to be the next connor but is not as talented as he is and does not have the courage to tell it like it is like connor does.

Thank you for the nice reply but I have no clue what you are talking about
How many brewskis did you slay btw

I am talking about Perry talking about having the ufc's back when it is obvious to anyone that Al Iaquinta is right on what he says, he just goes about it the wrong way, destroying hotels and cursing his boss on camera. Perry though comes out as a kiss ass here.

yeah but this whole speech of perry makes it sounds like a total kiss ass when he talks about having the ufc's back when it is obvious the ufc screws it's fighters. dude just wants to be the next connor but is not as talented as he is and does not have the courage to tell it like it is like connor does.

Two different things.
Al makes his position worse & that is a very valid point.
How happy Perry might or might not be is separate!

PS ... why did you get yellow?

Back