Mike Perry and the Standing Elbow

Platinum is the only man that can save the UFC. It's gone downhill ever since Goldberg got canned.

H248CkFa_0LnHfPPT2-d_bLSucdzSAsAJ08BGYhxndJcUcSr8aSxCUTb6RYu3mihM9ZtdNoakfqmfQIaR0u_L0hvMuQwQZ8qd9pCHf42B4ARuFcJZGJvr1-0hCNG-dUJTvDlKgK9Q4ydxOjkqac85tZEY-ojHiXHACS2VJvUYQw=w443-h332-nc

I am as big a Perry fan as there is but part of me wants him to retire right now so he doesn't get MMA banned again. This guy is only 25 and improves lightyears from one fight to the next and I'm highly concerned he's going to seriously hurt someone with his power and technique.
Yes he is "too" good.

nice article that compares Mike's elbow KO to a number of other elbow KO's (direct link)

uxtcotud38wg5y06g.jpg

They pointed out that Jake's lazy underhook made the elbow possible but they still felt that generating the kind of force Mike did requires skill with the technique. Mike also pointed out in an interview that the left hand that dropped Jake probably led to him standing in the clinch with Mike, unaware of the imminent danger.

Or it was just a fluke you haters? :eek: I bet Plat Nation doesn't think so! :cool:

for those who haven't seen it yet or just wanna watch it again, here's the streamables :)

That gif is perfect perfection
The artistic direction
A sweet confection
Gave me an erection
Violence is beauty
Our civic duty
To defend our leader
He isn't a cheater
Man of integrity
Smooth line silk
Voice of an angel
Of a different ilk

The quickness and precision, deadly accurate.

His precision is really precise!

It was beautiful and one of the most brutal knockouts I've had the pleasure of witnessing. I think we'll see a lot more vicious knockouts from Mike Perry in future.

I'm not a fan but that was the cleanest standing elbow KO I've ever seen. Respect wigga.

I heard that Ellen scored a movie role as Quasimodo.
He's saving the production a whole lot of money, as he won't need any make-up

1077746-quasimodo1.jpg

Last edited:
It was just a great elbow, great, timing, great speed and power.
Jake may put himself in a wrong position in the clinch, but it was still a great technique by Mike.

Jesus Christ... It's an elbow. If it weren't for Perry and his fans, that elbow could've been landed by anyone else and nobody would say a thing.

Quit acting like this is the greatest fucking thing on earth.
I don't know, man. It got celebrated not only by us.

Mike said in an interview that he didn't even feel the elbow hittting Ellenberger. Impressive.

I am as big a Perry fan as there is but part of me wants him to retire right now so he doesn't get MMA banned again. This guy is only 25 and improves lightyears from one fight to the next and I'm highly concerned he's going to seriously hurt someone with his power and technique.

Relax...dude is on a one fight win streak. Besides...he said he wouldn't be the first to kill someone in the UFC...clean KO's, etc.

Mike said in an interview that he didn't even feel the elbow hittting Ellenberger. Impressive.
yeah this is quite common apparently and that's why fighters often look surprised when their opponents drop like a sack of potatoes "out of the blue" ... but some were calling it a fix and saying it never connected.....

....I don't think Jake would have faked slamming the back of his head into the canvas, do you? :D

I don't know, man. It got celebrated not only by us.
But it's because of the fake hype with this guy. Media outlets see any hype at all and they jump on it. Warranted or not

Jesus Christ... It's an elbow. If it weren't for Perry and his fans, that elbow could've been landed by anyone else and nobody would say a thing.

Quit acting like this is the greatest fucking thing on earth.

you are just acting like a butthole.

and it wasnt just an elbow.

look at his left foot then tell me "it's an elbow".

All this leg humping over an unranked fighter. You Plastic Perry fan girls sure have low standards and expectations.

I mean let's be real. It's easily the best KO in MMA history from the future champ. The last fight where he got outclassed for 15 minutes by a guy who is ranked around 25th doesn't really count.

Back