Mike Perry and the Standing Elbow

Jehannum

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score

nice article that compares Mike's elbow KO to a number of other elbow KO's (direct link)

uxtcotud38wg5y06g.jpg

champions.co said:
Landing an impactful elbow in a striking exchange is a high-level skill.
The standing elbow is a difficult strike to master.
They pointed out that Jake's lazy underhook made the elbow possible but they still felt that generating the kind of force Mike did requires skill with the technique. Mike also pointed out in an interview that the left hand that dropped Jake probably led to him standing in the clinch with Mike, unaware of the imminent danger.

Or it was just a fluke you haters? :eek: I bet Plat Nation doesn't think so! :cool:

for those who haven't seen it yet or just wanna watch it again, here's the streamables :)

we're Blessed to be witnessing history in the making

Platinum fucking bless, baby

When he landed that elbow, I knew I was witnessing greatness

#blessed

I am as big a Perry fan as there is but part of me wants him to retire right now so he doesn't get MMA banned again. This guy is only 25 and improves lightyears from one fight to the next and I'm highly concerned he's going to seriously hurt someone with his power and technique.

Thanks TS, great read on the technical aspect of that elbow...it's still early, but it's hard to see how this is not going to be KO of the year...

Jesus Christ... It's an elbow. If it weren't for Perry and his fans, that elbow could've been landed by anyone else and nobody would say a thing.

Quit acting like this is the greatest fucking thing on earth.

Jesus Christ... It's an elbow. If it weren't for Perry and his fans, that elbow could've been landed by anyone else and nobody would say a thing.

It was a once in a lifetime elbow. Platinum made history

Thanks TS, great read on the technical aspect of that elbow...it's still early, but it's hard to see how this is not going to be KO of the year...

still torn between Platinum's elbow and Barboza's flying knee.

It was a once in a lifetime elbow. Platinum made history
Possibly once in ever kind of material there, one might say.

Platinum Mike Perry is the Michael Jordan of standing elbows.

nice article that compares Mike's elbow KO to a number of other elbow KO's (direct link)

uxtcotud38wg5y06g.jpg

They pointed out that Jake's lazy underhook made the elbow possible but they still felt that generating the kind of force Mike did requires skill with the technique. Mike also pointed out in an interview that the left hand that dropped Jake probably led to him standing in the clinch with Mike, unaware of the imminent danger.

Or it was just a fluke you haters? :eek: I bet Plat Nation doesn't think so! :cool:

for those who haven't seen it yet or just wanna watch it again, here's the streamables :)

read that the other day. the Naked Gambler is usually spot on with his analysis. pretty good follow on Twitter too.

This is the greatest thing on this Earth because PMP and the Plat Nation will it to be so... At least until Perry knocks some unfortunate soul out even harder next time, at which point that KO will become the greatest thing ever. Brutality of the magnitude that Ellenberger endured has not been witnessed since the times of the Old Testament.

Platinum is the only man that can save the UFC. It's gone downhill ever since Goldberg got canned.

Platinum's elbows are deadlier than Jones'. Fact.

Back