Mike Morhaime - Long time CEO of Blizzard is stepping down

Or they're ready to move on to the next stage of their lives. Blizzard will continue to go strong for a very long time. I see no reason for Warcraft IV, and Diablo is most likely getting a sequel soon.

Blizzard likes to milk the shit out of their titles and don't release shit will nilly

That said, they have the budget to develop WC4 and I wouldn't surprised if they were already

Probably have 3 major new titles in the works

Dudes been with Blizz for nearly 30 years. He's getting old. Everyone retires.

Or they're ready to move on to the next stage of their lives. Blizzard will continue to go strong for a very long time. I see no reason for Warcraft IV, and Diablo is most likely getting a sequel soon.
The last Warcraft game was almost 2 decades ago, the last Diablo game was 2012, why does Diablo need a sequel? I'm fine with them not creatively bankrupting that franchise anymore. To be honest, I'm not really clamoring for the Warcraft sequel either, I'd prefer Blizzard try something new like they did with Overwatch, which is one of my favorite games of the decade.

People have been saying Blizzards empire is crumbling for years but it keeps getting bigger and bigger.

The Starcraft scene is concerned, Morhaime has been a long time supporter of the games and there's speculation that this WoW guy taking over might cut support for the 2 Starcraft games, and what direction he might take a Warcraft IV or Starcraft 3.

Also Blizzard is probably doing fine, Morhaime spent 27 years as a CEO, probably just wants to start winding down and enjoying his fortune.

The last Warcraft game was almost 2 decades ago, the last Diablo game was 2012, why does Diablo need a sequel? I'm fine with them not creatively bankrupting that franchise anymore. To be honest, I'm not really clamoring for the Warcraft sequel either, I'd prefer Blizzard try something new like they did with Overwatch, which is one of my favorite games of the decade.

Diablo 3 was a huge disgrace to the series. They need to redeem themselves.

Rts games are dying. It wouldnt shock me if sc3 never comes out.

Id like to see blizzard make a game like Rust/Ark but better. Crafting survival

because diablo 3 was terrible and a cash grab?
That's my point, what makes you think the next one will be any better? It's like making new Star Wars movies after the prequels, the canon has been tainted and the legacy shamed. I just plain don't trust Blizzard to construct a new game at this point, though they have been doing some good things with Overwatch.

i mean... personally, i'm never buying anything from blizzard ever again (because of d3).

but i can obviously understand why others would want a sequel.

i mean... personally, i'm never buying anything from blizzard ever again (because of d3).

but i can obviously understand why others would want a sequel.

Look at HF3. WC4 its not the only most wanted sequel out there. There are others too. Why companies are not going for these obvious blockbusters? Perhaps there are reasons, with fear of not being able to deliver one of them. One I know for sure. If you love specific game, you want a lot of content to keep you occupied and lot of replay-ability value. So these games need without a doubt a good budget to start with.

If I knew, game will bring billions, I would invest that billion to make game itself and deliver greatness. I know, I know you can make blockbuster for % of that sum and then slap DLCs. But your game will be forgotten eventually.

CD Projekt RED is doing what all gaming companies should do. Make games with love and passion, not to satisfy your shareholders. And the money will come either way. CD Projekt RED is winning trust of gamers. And I wont be surprised at all, that if they maintain this level of professionalism we will see a lot more great games in future.

What purpose does a new warcraft game serve lore wise? It would have to be set before Warcraft or during, it would be a headache for their lore department.

LOL!

Blizzard Entertainment was founded by Michael Morhaime, Allen Adham, and Frank Pearce as Silicon & Synapse on February 8, 1991, a year after all three had received their bachelor's degrees from UCLA. To found the company, each of them contributed about $10,000, which in the case of Morhaime, he got as part of an interest-free loan from his grandmother.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_Entertainment

LOL!

Blizzard Entertainment was founded by Michael Morhaime, Allen Adham, and Frank Pearce as Silicon & Synapse on February 8, 1991, a year after all three had received their bachelor's degrees from UCLA. To found the company, each of them contributed about $10,000, which in the case of Morhaime, he got as part of an interest-free loan from his grandmother.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_Entertainment

One of the best 10k investment..EVAR!!!

Not that big of news considering his time with the company.

Though its does bring up questions about Blizzards future. Currently three of their six titles are free to play. With their company revenue solely focused around loot box systems. Testament of Blizzard creating superior games off other game companies ideas died years ago. Right now they have an identity crisis. An the next title theyre working on success will be telling of their future.

Talk shit all you want about Blizzard, but they come always come through.

Back