Mike Mazzulli Tells Mirko Cro Cop Exactly When He Will Be Drug Tested.

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/3/...ed-before-bellator-200-four-others-pass-tests

Mirko Cro Cop will indeed be drug tested ahead of Bellator 200.

Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation director Mike Mazzulli confirmed with MMA Fighting on Thursday that Cro Cop will undergo out-of-competition testing before his bout with Roy Nelson on May 25 in London. Bellator hires the Mohegan commission to regulate most of its overseas bouts.

Mazzulli said he will go himself to Croatia to collect a sample from Cro Cop. Mazzulli will be in Budapest, Hungary to regulate Bellator 196 on April 6, he said, and will take a train to see Cro Cop in Zagreb from there. Cro Cop’s sample will be analyzed by Quest Diagnostics, Mazzulli said.

In addition, Mazzulli said Nelson, Gegard Mousasi, Phil Davis and David Rickels have all been tested out of competition in relation to Bellator 200 and their screenings have come back clean.

Cro Cop, 43, has not fought under a regulatory body overseen by the Association of Boxing Commissions and Combative Sports (ABC) since he was suspended two years by USADA for disclosing the use of human growth hormone in 2015.

While Cro Cop’s suspension would be up by now had he stayed under contract and in the USADA drug-testing pool, Bellator’s booking of the MMA legend and a commission’s willingness to allow him to fight came under some fire earlier this month.

Mazzulli, the president of the ABC, said if Cro Cop had been suspended by another commission — and not the UFC’s anti-doping partner USADA — and he was still under that sanction, than he would not have approved the bout. But USADA is an independent company — not a regulator body — that works with the UFC and commissions are not bound by their sanctions. Cro Cop is technically still suspended, because his suspension froze when he was released from the UFC and left the USADA drug-testing pool

“I always look out for the best interests of the fighters,” Mazzulli said. “Cro Cop has not fought in the United States for a while. He was suspended for two years. I’m 110-percent positive that if any other commission in the ABC — in the United States — if they had him suspended, I would not have him fight. I highly doubt Bellator would allow him to fight.”

Cro Cop (36-11-2, 1 NC) has fought since the suspension — five times, in fact. He won all of those bouts under the Rizin banner in Japan, which does not fall under the ABC’s oversight. The former Pride star is adamant he should not have been suspended so long in the first place, because he never actually tested positive for HGH and said he only took a small dose of it to treat an injury so that he’d be able to stay in an upcoming fight.

On a recent episode of The MMA Hour, Cro Cop was fired up when asked about critics saying he shouldn’t be allowed to fight for Bellator.

“Why not?” Cro Cop said. “Why shouldn’t I fight on this card? I was suspended for two years — for two years, for nothing. Two years for a negative test results.”

Mazzulli said Cro Cop will be in the clear to fight, provided his medicals and his drug test come back clean. He said that while USADA suspensions are noted on the ABC’s database of fighters, they don’t necessarily have to be honored.

“It’s a case-by-case basis,” Mazzulli said. “The USADA suspensions are placed on the MMA registry. … It’s a great informational tool to make an educated decision. At the end of the day, the more information we have, the better.”

Latest From Our Partners

Jesus, not only did he tell Cro Cop when he's coming to drug test him he even told him how hes getting there. And this is coming from a respected commissioner.

Just let them juice. Better fights, less injuries. I don't expect guys getting paid to get the shit beat out of them not to try and get an advantage they can. No I don't care about the integrity of the sport. I want to watch entertaining fights.

LEDk7xr.gif

Jesus, not only did he tell Cro Cop when he's coming to drug test him he even told him how hes getting there. And this is coming from a respected commissioner.

I guess that "respected" now will be used in very loose terms.

Meh, don't care. I want to see Cro Cop mirk Big Country. So every little drop helps.

Hope Roy LnPs Mirko.

I wanna see the world burn.

<{jackyeah}>

I know we got people that could care less.

But there has to be a checks and balance system in sports with PED's. I think its even more important in hand to hand combat sports more so than any other sport.

Shame on Bellator taking that approach. People might bitch about USADA but at least for the most part its effective. Sure we'll always have cheaters but to make it easy for them isn't the answer.

P.S.: When you get pissy because fighter X can't fight because he got busted by USADA, try blaming the damn fighter and not the system.

Atleast they are being tested lol

Usada......wada.......they all have flaws and ways to game the system.

Usada you just "retire " leave the testing pool and unretire and re enter once I are ok to test.

UFC and Bellator catch only the sloppy guys

Atleast they are being tested lol

Usada......wada.......they all have flaws and ways to game the system.

Usada you just "retire " leave the testing pool and unretire and re enter once I are ok to test.

UFC and Bellator catch only the sloppy guys
To even compare the two is silly. USADA has flaws. But this retirement angle you make seem so easy, also means you have to get tested for more than 4 months prior to being able to fight when your back.

Bellator doesn't care about people cheating, it is fine. But that is a bad look regardless.

To even compare the two is silly. USADA has flaws. But this retirement angle you make seem so easy, also means you have to get tested for more than 4 months prior to being able to fight when your back.

Bellator doesn't care about people cheating, it is fine. But that is a bad look regardless.
UFC fighters nowadays gas after the first minute. Fuck USADA

Unless the UFC gives you an exemption like they did for lesnar........my point remains usada isn't that great.

Usada follows WADA code with a few alterations I fully understand it's better then what bellator uses but i still don't think it's that great and plenty of guys get around testing.

<This7>

Just let them juice. Better fights, less injuries. I don't expect guys getting paid to get the shit beat out of them not to try and get an advantage they can. No I don't care about the integrity of the sport. I want to watch entertaining fights.

Why do you care so much lel

It's literally an irrelevant midcard "legends" fight on a UK Bellator show. Let that sink in. They aren't fighting for the UFC title.

Not Mirko's fault. Not hard to find CC the guy trains at his house almost everyday.

Back