Mike Dolce calls out "the doctor made me stop" excuse

two

mirsad bektic and some other dude

You say past clients arent too happy with him, but doesnt he have an 100% sucess rate? I think he never had a fighter miss weight in the ufc... So what are his past clients complaining about?
Rampage said he didn't do anything, BJ Penn said that he was paying Dolce $1000 a day but Dolce disappeared during the actual weight cut when Penn hit 145, and several other former clients haven't been too happy.

Granted we don't know what happened beyond what they tell us, which may be true or not.

But we do know for sure that many of his frequent claims are nonsense, and he's generally just a snake oil salesman. He's had a good success rate, but not for the reasons he pretends. He seems to mostly be a babysitter who keeps fighters from compulsive eating. Useful for sure, but it's not his super secret whey protein that's keeping people on track

pTclv8w.png

What is he even saying is bullshit? Is he claiming they’re lying about doctors forcing them to stop?

This fucking guy, doesn't even have a bachelors in nutrition. He can gtfo

Not necessarily defending him, but having some piece of paper or some school degree, doesn't mean shit...some of the most knowledgable people don't have degrees. I'd take someone with actual experience in the field over some geek with a degree any day...

two

mirsad bektic and some other dude

You say past clients arent too happy with him, but doesnt he have an 100% sucess rate? I think he never had a fighter miss weight in the ufc... So what are his past clients complaining about?

People on here seem to give him a hard time, cause he doesn't have some stupid degree...I know guys in my gym, that have been bodybuilding for decades, that know more about nutrition and how to lose weight, whether it's fat or water, than anybody with some little degree....guys that have experience know a ton more than some school geek.

not sure if george lockhart has it too

got news for ya...having some idiotic degree, doesn't mean you know anything about real world results...it's a piece of paper...means absolutely zero...

Dolce spit FIRE on this episode, calling out Lockhart and company as "tattooed bros" with no qualifications.

This fucking guy, doesn't even have a bachelors in nutrition. He can gtfo

But unlike Lockhart, Dolce employs nutritionists. He also said he only works with fighters he has a personal friendship now because he makes way more money as an international businessman working with the general public on a much bigger scale.

People on here seem to give him a hard time, cause he doesn't have some stupid degree...I know guys in my gym, that have been bodybuilding for decades, that know more about nutrition and how to lose weight, whether it's fat or water, than anybody with some little degree....guys that have experience know a ton more than some school geek.
i agree 100%

not sure if it is the case with dolce. im not saying that it is or that it isnt. he has great track record, but people on sherdog seem to hate him, and to be quite honest, 99% of the UFC roster has worked with him, but doesnt anymore, which is quite strange.
Why would you stop using the guy if its working? Do the fighters think they do a couple cuts with him and learn what they have to do and try by themselves? I have no idea.

I really dont know where i stand with dolce. He seems real shady, but his work/track records speaks for itself.

i cant get a good read on him

got news for ya...having some idiotic degree, doesn't mean you know anything about real world results...it's a piece of paper...means absolutely zero...
You’re wrong here. Yes there are plenty of people out there with useless degrees but you’re taking that fact and turning it into an absolute that all are meaningless. Simply not true. I’m going to side with an actual doctor of Dolce just about every time when it comes to someone’s health.

Furthermore Dolce probably is great at setting diets. However he is a known snake also. That’s been proven by posters on this forum. I also don’t think it is a small coincidence that he disappeared from the scene the same time USADA started testing. I think he brought a little more to the table than just “nutrition” advice.

Last edited:
Not necessarily defending him, but having some piece of paper or some school degree, doesn't mean shit...some of the most knowledgable people don't have degrees. I'd take someone with actual experience in the field over some geek with a degree any day...

Lol you need a degree combined with clinical or field experience. But to discount a degree in itself is sophomoric.

With that amount of empirical data and scientific analysis, surely they must know what they're doing. That's why it's called broscience..

You’re wrong here. Yes there are plenty of people out there with useless degrees but you’re taking that fact and turning it into an absolutely that all are meaningless. Simply not true. I’m going to side with an actual doctor of Dolce just about every time when it comes to someone’s health.

Furthermore Dolce probably is great at setting diets. However he is a known snake also. That’s been proven by posters on this forum. I also don’t think it is a small coincidence that he disappeared from the scene the same time USADA started testing. I think he brought a little more to the table than just “nutrition” advice.

Broscience beats actual science, bro. Didnt you know that?

Not when high level pro fighters r missing weight on PPV maincards and title fights

That could be attributed to other factors such as early morning weigh ins and USADA.

Last edited:
Everything is relative. Look at the concentration camp in WW2, obviously people can lose a lot of weight and not end up dead. Romero barely not being able to walk after missing weight by 0.2 lbs definitely was not a strategic move. What fighters are doing is taking a massive toll on their body. Even if McGregor never missed weight at FW, I would assume that if he went to the hospital not saying he was cutting weight for a fight, the doctor would have told him that he's in really bad shape. I have nothing against Dolce, I think he has done some good work with fighters, but he also needs to realize that cutting 10-20% of your body weight is far from healthy and sooner or later your body will shut down no matter what your diet is.

Charge all that money and can't spell

Running that extra mile to get that off very well could have. I remember my first mile took off the most weight, about a pound. But the last pound was the hardest and most draining so I would take those off in a slower less energy using method such as a sauna. But when you are against the clock, you switch back to more energy intense exercises. Romero had to use up a lot of energy to get those last bits off. I wouldn't be surprised if losing that would have had an impact on his performance, especially considering he is so conscious about how economic he is with his energy in his fights.
not being a dick or a spelling nazi, its just a good word lol conscientious

not a fan or a hater of Dolce, I know his relative history, its funny how so many in this thread, not everyone...but I bet most of you that are so quickly discrediting him dont know half of what he knows about nutrition and/or staying fit

to what hes saying, it does have some merit....everytime that a fighter has been stopped from cutting weight by a doctor, the fight is called off, insofar as I can remember
((correct me if Im wrong)) but I dont remember a time when a fighter has been stopped by the doc from weight cut and they end up fighting at a catchweight, usually its the fighter that says he cant cut more then it becomes a catchweight ((I may be wrong here but to the best of my immediate recollection this is how it is))

Back