Mike Dolce calls out "the doctor made me stop" excuse

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
"Any athlete that misses weight within 3 pounds... Ive known for a long time, you probably do as well behind the scenes... A lot of these athletes strategically they pull up before the finish line. They get within 3 pounds and then its: "oh, my body shut down", "i stopped losing, i stopped sweating", "the doctor made me stop", which is BS tipically. And what they are trying to do, they are trying to get an stretegic advantage. Very rarely the athlete medically shuts down, and if thats the case the athlete should be pulled from the card. If you cant cut weight anymore you should be pulled from the card right?!"

Cued/timestamped:

10203008.jpg

giphy.gif

<WellThere>

I'm sure Yoel and team thought having a 0.2 lb advantage would win them the fight

This fucking guy, doesn't even have a bachelors in nutrition. He can gtfo

I'm sure Yoel and team thought having a 0.2 lb advantage would win them the fight
Running that extra mile to get that off very well could have. I remember my first mile took off the most weight, about a pound. But the last pound was the hardest and most draining so I would take those off in a slower less energy using method such as a sauna. But when you are against the clock, you switch back to more energy intense exercises. Romero had to use up a lot of energy to get those last bits off. I wouldn't be surprised if losing that would have had an impact on his performance, especially considering he is so conscious about how economic he is with his energy in his fights.

What exactly is the strategic advantage of getting 3 ounces and rendering himself unable to win the title, unable to win bonuses, and giving up part of his purse? Screwed himself over to get a .2 lb weight advantage? It's the perfect crime. Thanks for the insight, Dolce.

<seedat>

This man is not, that I know of, a physician. That is all.

Serious question: does Dolce still work with fighters? Seems like no one ever talks about him much anymore, and his famous former clients aren't too happy with him it seems. Does he still get work with big names?

For a human being dehydration usually means trouble, severe dehydration means serious trouble.

That goes for any human, athlete or not. If anything I’m surprised there aren’t more failures to make weight and maybe even hospitalisation.

Serious question: does Dolce still work with fighters? Seems like no one ever talks about him much anymore, and his famous former clients aren't too happy with him it seems. Does he still get work with big names?
two

mirsad bektic and some other dude

You say past clients arent too happy with him, but doesnt he have an 100% sucess rate? I think he never had a fighter miss weight in the ufc... So what are his past clients complaining about?

Last edited:
two

mirsad bektic and some other dude

You say past clients arent too happy with him, but doesnt he have an 100% sucess rate? I think he never had a fighter miss weight in the ufc... So what are his past clients complaining about?

They're not happy they have to pay 5% of their purse.Can't blame them, most of them make fuck all after paying everything out.

Back