Mike brown, Eric Garner, and now you are going to know the name of Stephen Clark-paraphrase quote

king.jpg
Can't see the IMG for some reason captain. A lot of images on the Dog don't load for me since the forum migration.

I didn't say anything in there I have not said before. I realize that I type in a negative manner almost always towards cops, and I stand by what I said in most cases. It just frustrates me to see so many with such power over people to abuse that trust and power.

That said, I am certainly not a Cop Block type of guy. In fact I loathe them. They dont help the cause at all.

I think my main issue is that so many people just blindly take the cops side in every instance when we have THOUSANDS of videos showing them abuse their powers. It certainly proves that sometime there is another part of the story. And it sucks that people we should trust most in society are often the least trustworthy.

we need cops. we just need them to act properly. and we also need them to hold their partners accountable.

i couldnt do the job. i dont want the job. but those who elect to do it need to realize the awesome responsibility that comes along with it.

I am very seriously considering punching my ticket soon. I can’t stand it anymore. The shift work, the endless dangerous calls, the damn heavy uniform that kills my back!

And It’s not that the guys I work with are dirty or bad cops, most of them are excellent cops and good people, but the politics involved has gotten to me and the social media attitudes towards police do not help matters any. I see sniveling worms suck up and get staff desk jobs while someone like me, who is ranked 5 in the entire department, will be stuck rotating shifts for eternity.

I am very seriously considering punching my ticket soon. I can’t stand it anymore. The shift work, the endless dangerous calls, the damn heavy uniform that kills my back!

And It’s not that the guys I work with are dirty or bad cops, most of them are excellent cops and good people, but the politics involved has gotten to me and the social media attitudes towards police do not help matters any. I see sniveling worms suck up and get staff desk jobs while someone like me, who is ranked 5 in the entire department, will be stuck rotating shifts for eternity.

I asked about your back problems previously. How the hell are you not on disability?

I asked about your back problems previously. How the hell are you not on disability?

I am always in a lot of pain, but I still have full mobility. Honestly, I considered putting in for disability, but it was more because of depression than my back-though the two are very much related. And I don’t mean disability as in “doesn’t work” but the partial kind that basically says that some medical issue has caused this person to not be able to continue their preferred profession. But I doubt I would be eligible

I am always in a lot of pain, but I still have full mobility. Honestly, I considered putting in for disability, but it was more because of depression than my back-though the two are very much related. And I don’t mean disability as in “doesn’t work” but the partial kind that basically says that some medical issue has caused this person to not be able to continue their preferred profession. But I doubt I would be eligible

You should look into it more.

A break might be better than a big change, knowhatimean

One of my main issues with cops is what it does to you. back when i joined the air guard after active duty, i worked with a nashville cop. this guy was the most honest, friendly, decent person i knew. but i did a ride along with him and even he broke a lot of rules during that one shift the rest of us are expected to follow. like i said, i think its almost impossible to be a "good" cop, and i certainly never could do it. tere has to be a ton of pressure not to rock the boat because these are the same guys who you are trusting with your life in some cases. you have to trust each other. unfortunately that leads to covering for people when you know you shouldnt. i dont have the answer, but certain chaecks and balances need to be put into place to prevent good cops covering for bad cops. and i am sure if you dont cover for a fellow cop, the politics you speak of can bite you in the ass because someone will be out to stick it to you for calling them on their actions.

social media is a blessing and a curse. on the one hand it has shown us many indefensible actions from leo. on the other, none of us would be happy if we had cameras following us at all times. and most of us would surely be caught doing things we were not proud of

(i will refrain from the "most of the people i work with should be in jail" comment)

You should look into it more.

A break might be better than a big change, knowhatimean

I have burned through so much leave already on the shifts that i normally like to work. We switched to three month rotations instead of one month and it has been rough. In June, we go to midnights and that is the worst shift for me. That is when my back is at its worst and my depression is the worst. And that is when the shift starts. If nothing changes before then, I am likely quitting.

One of my main issues with cops is what it does to you. back when i joined the air guard after active duty, i worked with a nashville cop. this guy was the most honest, friendly, decent person i knew. but i did a ride along with him and even he broke a lot of rules during that one shift the rest of us are expected to follow. like i said, i think its almost impossible to be a "good" cop, and i certainly never could do it. tere has to be a ton of pressure not to rock the boat because these are the same guys who you are trusting with your life in some cases. you have to trust each other. unfortunately that leads to covering for people when you know you shouldnt. i dont have the answer, but certain chaecks and balances need to be put into place to prevent good cops covering for bad cops. and i am sure if you dont cover for a fellow cop, the politics you speak of can bite you in the ass because someone will be out to stick it to you for calling them on their actions.

social media is a blessing and a curse. on the one hand it has shown us many indefensible actions from leo. on the other, none of us would be happy if we had cameras following us at all times. and most of us would surely be caught doing things we were not proud of

(i will refrain from the "most of the people i work with should be in jail" comment)

Thanks for small favors, I guess.

It’s weird. Part of what I like and hate the most is the relationships with the guys-it’s like a non stop shark tank frenzy where we fuck with each other endlessly. Sometimes, it gets heated and feelings get hurt-but you would never not back up someone in need. Even the “rats” that go up the hall to the administration, and not about the stuff you would think. “So and so is late every day/he stayed at his house on lunch break for a hour/he called me a hairy cunt(actual example).” But if a cop hauled off and just out of the blue, punched someone in the face, I think the other cops would not cover it up. I tell my guys all the time “I will cover your asses if you do the right thing, if you do something wrong(foul language when not necessary) I will let you know about it, and we will have a talk and be straight-but if you beat the snot out of someone without cause-I will not protect you.”

I had to do a performance review on an officer for excessive force. I watched the videos for a week straight-getting times down, counting how many times he told the person to get out of the car, etc. i found his force to be reasonable, but I wrote him up for his attitude and language when he told her to “shut her God damned mouth”. He flipped out on me and tried to quit right there. I would not let him. He is one of the best natural cops i have ever seen, but he is “top street” and it comes out at times.

Thanks for small favors, I guess.

It’s weird. Part of what I like and hate the most is the relationships with the guys-it’s like a non stop shark tank frenzy where we fuck with each other endlessly. Sometimes, it gets heated and feelings get hurt-but you would never not back up someone in need. Even the “rats” that go up the hall to the administration, and not about the stuff you would think. “So and so is late every day/he stayed at his house on lunch break for a hour/he called me a hairy cunt(actual example).” But if a cop hauled off and just out of the blue, punched someone in the face, I think the other cops would not cover it up. I tell my guys all the time “I will cover your asses if you do the right thing, if you do something wrong(foul language when not necessary) I will let you know about it, and we will have a talk and be straight-but if you beat the snot out of someone without cause-I will not protect you.”

I had to do a performance review on an officer for excessive force. I watched the videos for a week straight-getting times down, counting how many times he told the person to get out of the car, etc. i found his force to be reasonable, but I wrote him up for his attitude and language when he told her to “shut her God damned mouth”. He flipped out on me and tried to quit right there. I would not let him. He is one of the best natural cops i have ever seen, but he is “top street” and it comes out at times.
yet we have hundreds and hundreds of these videos of cops going overboard while other cops look on. then ultimately we get the final report in which to nobodies surprise, the department found they acted in an acceptable manner.

thats why so many dont back police anymore. i think most of us realize that things can get heated and in the moment you may act stupid. but when people removed from that situation endorse it, or at least overlook it, that's where the problem comes.

yet we have hundreds and hundreds of these videos of cops going overboard while other cops look on. then ultimately we get the final report in which to nobodies surprise, the department found they acted in an acceptable manner.

thats why so many dont back police anymore. i think most of us realize that things can get heated and in the moment you may act stupid. but when people removed from that situation endorse it, or at least overlook it, that's where the problem comes.

Oh, there are way too many videos of bad cops and almost as bad cops watching and not stopping it. I was referring to my guys, based on my experience. We back each other full bore until one of us fucks up, then we flee from them like rats on a ship.

The old school cops are different. They were more prone to do shit and cover it up. It still happens a lot, but I think newer cops, especially post 2013 will report another officer.

I had a former partner get into a domestic about three years ago. I gave a statement and testified against him based upon the call I received from the victim. I did not cover for him, and no one else did either.

Oh, there are way too many videos of bad cops and almost as bad cops watching and not stopping it. I was referring to my guys, based on my experience. We back each other full bore until one of us fucks up, then we flee from them like rats on a ship.

The old school cops are different. They were more prone to do shit and cover it up. It still happens a lot, but I think newer cops, especially post 2013 will report another officer.

I had a former partner get into a domestic about three years ago. I gave a statement and testified against him based upon the call I received from the victim. I did not cover for him, and no one else did either.
well it is good if things will change. and i think they have to with all the cameras and social media now. of course there is danger of, and it will happen, of the over correction. we already see it a lot. people expect cops to treat killers, muggers and all around bad guys with kid gloves and not do anything aggressive to them, putting their own lives in danger.

i just hope cops can control things on their end and rational people will help deal with the idiots that want to blame cops for everything and anything. but law enforcement need to give the public a LOT less to bitch about

well it is good if things will change. and i think they have to with all the cameras and social media now. of course there is danger of, and it will happen, of the over correction. we already see it a lot. people expect cops to treat killers, muggers and all around bad guys with kid gloves and not do anything aggressive to them, putting their own lives in danger.

i just hope cops can control things on their end and rational people will help deal with the idiots that want to blame cops for everything and anything. but law enforcement need to give the public a LOT less to bitch about

I just wish cops would slow things down a bit, not be in such a rush to wrap everything up quickly-it’s not a damn race. Also, chill out with the foul language and try to be more professional. I personally have found that speaking to people like they are people gets me so much farther than being aggressive, though that does have a place in policing, the trick is when to use it and not over rely on being aggressive.

For the citizens, I just wish for them to be more civil and rational. Not everything is about race(it rarely is) and listen to the officer. You may disagree with a ticket or even an arrest, but running and fighting are the worst things you can do.

I just wish cops would slow things down a bit, not be in such a rush to wrap everything up quickly-it’s not a damn race. Also, chill out with the foul language and try to be more professional. I personally have found that speaking to people like they are people gets me so much farther than being aggressive, though that does have a place in policing, the trick is when to use it and not over rely on being aggressive.

For the citizens, I just wish for them to be more civil and rational. Not everything is about race(it rarely is) and listen to the officer. You may disagree with a ticket or even an arrest, but running and fighting are the worst things you can do.
the language for sure. i get it when you have some car chase then a foot chase, then you get the guy and tell him to get the fuck down. perfectly reasonable. but yea, you see a lot of videos of them swearing at people for little to no reason. cops are supposed to be the professional ones. the "adults" if you will. and considering the calibur of many of the people they are dealing with language can certainly escalate things. i havent been in that situation, but i have been the upset customer at a business, and been the one dealing with the upset customer, and how you react with them plays a big part on where things lead.

i can be a hot head and have been pretty livid but had an expert manager deal with me and i ended up realizing in my head they were doing it, but still had no choice but to calm down because you end up feeling stupid being all angry when they just react to you in a calm manner. it makes you look stupid.

civilians of course, like you said need to watch themselves as well. realize who you are dealing with and the risks of the job. they expect you to deal with them with kid gloves even though you have no idea what this guy may have done and if he would like to kill you. it may come out after the fact that he was no threat, but you cant assume that or you may die.

is there racism from cops? of course. just like there is everywhere. however, i would say its about 80% less than many would have you believe. but for some reason many in the black community think that if anything in their life goes bad, it must be because of racism

the language for sure. i get it when you have some car chase then a foot chase, then you get the guy and tell him to get the fuck down. perfectly reasonable. but yea, you see a lot of videos of them swearing at people for little to no reason. cops are supposed to be the professional ones. the "adults" if you will. and considering the calibur of many of the people they are dealing with language can certainly escalate things. i havent been in that situation, but i have been the upset customer at a business, and been the one dealing with the upset customer, and how you react with them plays a big part on where things lead.

i can be a hot head and have been pretty livid but had an expert manager deal with me and i ended up realizing in my head they were doing it, but still had no choice but to calm down because you end up feeling stupid being all angry when they just react to you in a calm manner. it makes you look stupid.

civilians of course, like you said need to watch themselves as well. realize who you are dealing with and the risks of the job. they expect you to deal with them with kid gloves even though you have no idea what this guy may have done and if he would like to kill you. it may come out after the fact that he was no threat, but you cant assume that or you may die.

is there racism from cops? of course. just like there is everywhere. however, i would say its about 80% less than many would have you believe. but for some reason many in the black community think that if anything in their life goes bad, it must be because of racism

It is crazy how much we are in agreement after all the years of back and forth bickering. I feel like i have entered the twilight zone.

It is crazy how much we are in agreement after all the years of back and forth bickering. I feel like i have entered the twilight zone.
lol. well, its always easier to bitch than to agree with stuff. so i bitch a lot. and i am definitely over the top with it at times, but if done correctly, i respect the hell out of cops. my main problem with you originally, was at least when i saw you post, it seemed like you ALWAYS took the side ofthe cops no matter how stupidly they behaved.

either over the past few years you have changed some, or maybe i just caught more of your posts, but it did seem like you were not always like that and would definitely call out stupid police behavior. of course i would never admit that.

if you are ever in Vegas, i might even buy you a donut.

lol. well, its always easier to bitch than to agree with stuff. so i bitch a lot. and i am definitely over the top with it at times, but if done correctly, i respect the hell out of cops. my main problem with you originally, was at least when i saw you post, it seemed like you ALWAYS took the side ofthe cops no matter how stupidly they behaved.

either over the past few years you have changed some, or maybe i just caught more of your posts, but it did seem like you were not always like that and would definitely call out stupid police behavior. of course i would never admit that.

if you are ever in Vegas, i might even buy you a donut.

I have a standing policy that I don’t eat doughnuts, but a beer would do.

And I have changed the last few years. I don’t know whether it was maturity, years of service(now at 16), or becoming a supervisor in 2010 as well as a father-i changed my stance on many issues. I still have my trigger points, but now, there are just as many cop behaviors that instantly piss me off as the suspects. I will always hate the protests(especially when they shut down traffic or hold people hostage from going where they please) over every police shooting while hundreds are killed for every one shot by police-and there is almost no response from those same people claiming that black lives matter. If they believe that so strongly, where are they in Chicago, Oakland, Detroit , philly-where they had murder numbers at a five year high last year, and they fucking celebrated the first five days of 2018 without a murder! If things are so bad that a five day dry spell is cause for celebration, then two non paying customers removed from a Starbucks is no fucking reason to protest.

I have a standing policy that I don’t eat doughnuts, but a beer would do.

And I have changed the last few years. I don’t know whether it was maturity, years of service(now at 16), or becoming a supervisor in 2010 as well as a father-i changed my stance on many issues. I still have my trigger points, but now, there are just as many cop behaviors that instantly piss me off as the suspects. I will always hate the protests(especially when they shut down traffic or hold people hostage from going where they please) over every police shooting while hundreds are killed for every one shot by police-and there is almost no response from those same people claiming that black lives matter. If they believe that so strongly, where are they in Chicago, Oakland, Detroit , philly-where they had murder numbers at a five year high last year, and they fucking celebrated the first five days of 2018 without a murder! If things are so bad that a five day dry spell is cause for celebration, then two non paying customers removed from a Starbucks is no fucking reason to protest.
i agree on that. i wouldnt cry if a few of the protesters blocking trafic got ran over. i work in boxing, so my facebook is mostly full of black and hispanic friends. so 90% of my feed is people bitching about racism. i think the same thing. why is there so much selective outrage? but it is easy to play the victim. but i rarely if ever get in political conversations there, because when you are dealing with people you actually know, that never turns out good so I just ignore it. Probably why I am so outspoken on here and more willing to say stupid and/or controversial things. it doesnt mean I dont believe what i say, just that i am more willing to say it. but as much anti-cop stuff as i have said in the past, i never advocated for anyone to harm them or do anything outside of legal actions.

i made that starbucks thread and i dont know why i titled it that. it wasnt even about the cops. i dont think they needed to place the guys in cuffs, but they acted calmly and so did the guys. but it was fun to be called a left wing loon and an sjw for once.

I don't think this one will be controversial, he was breaking the law , he ran , he had something in his hand

Although shot 22 times does raise an eyebrow
Travon and Eric were attempting to kill someone at the time they were shot and it still blew up. Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Back