Mike brown, Eric Garner, and now you are going to know the name of Stephen Clark-paraphrase quote

I know of Eric Garner and Mike Brown, but I haven't heard of Steven Clark besides the title of this thread.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that all these black men being killed by cops have very White-sounding names?

I mean, statistically speaking the chances of a black man being shot by police are pretty low. But Black men with White-sounding names must have a statistical 100,000% increase of the chance of being shot by police.

Just an estimation.

I know of Eric Garner and Mike Brown, but I haven't heard of Steven Clark besides the title of this thread.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that all these black men being killed by cops have very White-sounding names?

I mean, statistically speaking the chances of a black man being shot by police are pretty low. But Black men with White-sounding names must have a statistical 100,000% increase of the chance of being shot by police.

Just an estimation.
his name was Stephon, not steven. does that change things?

Lol... Here's another room temp iq re re that has no clue wtf

Quite often when a person is shot near or in an extremity it will spin them around. Btw, those findings were from the guy his family hired. Ruuuuuube

You already have a double yellow-card. You need to calm down with your "posts"

That's what's so strange about all this media coverage. White guys doing dirty get shot by cops arguably more often because there are plenty more white people, but you don't hear about them and national mourning. The phrases "he was just starting to turn his life around" and "we demand justice" aren't heard. There are no marches, no national conversation. I won't speculate as to why that is because I frankly don't know what the difference might be.
The difference is the police has historically been a racist institution so when the possibility that vestiges of that made into the present day is suggested by the shooting of an unarmed black man it piques national interest. Now, of course the mere fact that an unarmed black man was shot to death by police need not mean there was racism involved and it could be a legit shooting but the point is the police have an ugly history when it comes to race so this kind of red flag is taken seriously.

I see you on here shitting on LE a lot. Any suggestion for solutions to the problem? Federalize them maybe? Anything?
the post you quoted was not a dig at cops, it was merely a joke. the quote said they had all white people names. stephon is certainly a "black" sounding name.

however, i certainly do shit on cops a lot, no doubt. but i dont think they are in the vast majority of cases singling out blacks because they are black, i think they are pretty even across the board with their mistreatment. i also have said i couldnt be a cop because i know it would be very hard not to be corruptable, and i would likely do some things myself i would not be proud of. especially when it came to not beating the shit of of a person i was in pursuit of who had done something horrific.

as for measures to fix it, it mostly comes to holding each other accountable. most cops are going to be much more likely to do the wrong thing when they know other cops will back them all the way up to lying and covering up their misdeeds. If they knew they wouldnt be protected, they would be much less likely to do things.

i definitely like the body cameras. that makes things tougher. and their should be no way to mute them, turn them off, etc.

finally, i dont know how to do it, but there needs to be more of a partnership between the cops and the communities. i know its tough with so many scumbags out there. but they seem to treat everyone outside of the force in an "us against them" manner. you often hear "these are my roads," or this is "my town" from them and we need to tread lightly around them. I haven't had as much as a ticket in 15 years and everytime I see a cop i am uncomfortable. that is wrong. of course part of that is because cops are also revenue collectors. and especially in cities like las vegas, that is one of the main ways the city gets funding is through tickets.

having power over a person's life (both literally and through crimes, etc) is a massive responsibility that should not be taken lightly. most of them know that and they hold it over your head. but too many times even if a person is innocent, the police force will back their own at any cost to prevent themselves from looking bad. vegas is a perfect example of that as they pretty commonly frame people to cover their own asses.

i told the story in here several times of an innocent here a few years ago where a cop was driving over 100 on a surface street with no lights in the middle off the night and got struck and killed by another car. rather than come clean that the cop died because of his own stupidity, they made up a story blaming the other guy for being drunk and claiming the lights were on. long story short, it took the man a long time to clear his name and he spent time in jail and received deatht threats to himself and his family because they thought he was a drunk cop killer.

the post you quoted was not a dig at cops, it was merely a joke. the quote said they had all white people names. stephon is certainly a "black" sounding name.

however, i certainly do shit on cops a lot, no doubt. but i dont think they are in the vast majority of cases singling out blacks because they are black, i think they are pretty even across the board with their mistreatment. i also have said i couldnt be a cop because i know it would be very hard not to be corruptable, and i would likely do some things myself i would not be proud of. especially when it came to not beating the shit of of a person i was in pursuit of who had done something horrific.

as for measures to fix it, it mostly comes to holding each other accountable. most cops are going to be much more likely to do the wrong thing when they know other cops will back them all the way up to lying and covering up their misdeeds. If they knew they wouldnt be protected, they would be much less likely to do things.

i definitely like the body cameras. that makes things tougher. and their should be no way to mute them, turn them off, etc.

finally, i dont know how to do it, but there needs to be more of a partnership between the cops and the communities. i know its tough with so many scumbags out there. but they seem to treat everyone outside of the force in an "us against them" manner. you often hear "these are my roads," or this is "my town" from them and we need to tread lightly around them. I haven't had as much as a ticket in 15 years and everytime I see a cop i am uncomfortable. that is wrong. of course part of that is because cops are also revenue collectors. and especially in cities like las vegas, that is one of the main ways the city gets funding is through tickets.

having power over a person's life (both literally and through crimes, etc) is a massive responsibility that should not be taken lightly. most of them know that and they hold it over your head. but too many times even if a person is innocent, the police force will back their own at any cost to prevent themselves from looking bad. vegas is a perfect example of that as they pretty commonly frame people to cover their own asses.

i told the story in here several times of an innocent here a few years ago where a cop was driving over 100 on a surface street with no lights in the middle off the night and got struck and killed by another car. rather than come clean that the cop died because of his own stupidity, they made up a story blaming the other guy for being drunk and claiming the lights were on. long story short, it took the man a long time to clear his name and he spent time in jail and received deatht threats to himself and his family because they thought he was a drunk cop killer.

What would you think about being able to choose whether or not you want to pay for their service?

You have been trying to twist stuff this whole conversation, you schmuck. Once again I never said we didn't have a problem with gun violence. You really suck at this. You tryied comparing Canada's murder rate to America's with the 30 year to 3 month comparison, I simply pointed out that those stats don't say what you thought they did. You are a dumb little twat that's just trying to throw anything you can at the wall hoping something will stick. Don't quote me in this thread anymore.

Even adjusted for population, Canada's gun violence is nowhere close to the U.S. Neither is pretty much any other first world country.

What would you think about being able to choose whether or not you want to pay for their service?
how would you ever enforce that? you mean as an individual? that would be impossible. there just needs to be changes to the mentality of cops. they dont need a god complex and they need to work with the citizens and not against them. they should be trusted and believed, but not considered infallible or beyond reproach.

Just an estimation.

Yet his hotheaded brother, Stevante, will live forever.

Are you feeling ok? While we obviously disagree always, this is probably the most level and thoughtful comment I have ever seen from you.

Except for that time Al got caught on camera...

That is great stuff, yet somehow that guy retains his credibility when he should have none. He “cooperated” with the feds because he got caught being a criminal. He is a slimy worm that slithers in shit.

Are you feeling ok? While we obviously disagree always, this is probably the most level and thoughtful comment I have ever seen from you.
I didn't say anything in there I have not said before. I realize that I type in a negative manner almost always towards cops, and I stand by what I said in most cases. It just frustrates me to see so many with such power over people to abuse that trust and power.

That said, I am certainly not a Cop Block type of guy. In fact I loathe them. They dont help the cause at all.

I think my main issue is that so many people just blindly take the cops side in every instance when we have THOUSANDS of videos showing them abuse their powers. It certainly proves that sometime there is another part of the story. And it sucks that people we should trust most in society are often the least trustworthy.

we need cops. we just need them to act properly. and we also need them to hold their partners accountable.

i couldnt do the job. i dont want the job. but those who elect to do it need to realize the awesome responsibility that comes along with it.

I didn't say anything in there I have not said before. I realize that I type in a negative manner almost always towards cops, and I stand by what I said in most cases. It just frustrates me to see so many with such power over people to abuse that trust and power.

That said, I am certainly not a Cop Block type of guy. In fact I loathe them. They dont help the cause at all.

I think my main issue is that so many people just blindly take the cops side in every instance when we have THOUSANDS of videos showing them abuse their powers. It certainly proves that sometime there is another part of the story. And it sucks that people we should trust most in society are often the least trustworthy.

we need cops. we just need them to act properly. and we also need them to hold their partners accountable.

i couldnt do the job. i dont want the job. but those who elect to do it need to realize the awesome responsibility that comes along with it.

Would you think then that most everyone would feel we need police especially given your level of distrust for them? If so, why do we need to compel their funding?

@nhbbear

Last edited:

Just an estimation.

Part of my irl name is so African that other Africans have trouble pronouncing it.

tenor.gif

Part of my irl name is so African that other Africans have trouble pronouncing it.

tenor.gif
You wouldn't happen to have been a lion and a machine in a past life would you?

Back