Mike brown, Eric Garner, and now you are going to know the name of Stephen Clark-paraphrase quote

nhbbear

Duty Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Cliffs: the thread title is a paraphrased quote from Stevante Clark, brother of deceased.

Another black male shot by police. Sacramento police responded to reports of a subject breaking into cars. They send out marked units and a helicopter that reports that the subject was tying to enter cars and then a house. Uniformed police confront the subject who then runs, jumping over fences until he is cornered in a backyard-his grandparents’ residence. Police order him to show his hands, and see an object in his hand. The officer yells “gun” and ducks behind a wall. They then engage the subject and shoot him 22 times. The object was a phone.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/st...by-sacramento-police-while-holding-cellphone/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...ard-thinking-he-had-a-gun-it-was-a-cellphone/

Ten seconds, two seconds-it doesn’t matter if the cops think the subject has a gun. No reasonable person should expect a cop to wait to be shot at before defending themselves from what they believe to be an armed subject. You have to consider the totality of the circumstances before calling them pussies, murderers, or anything else. All those cops know is that they are looking for a suspect breaking into cars, and then they are told he tried to break into a house. When they confront the subject, he runs, and when they catch up to him, he has a phone that they thought was a gun.

It’s horrible that a man lost his life, that kids lost their father, that the grandparents had to see their grandson dead in their backyard. I don’t care what you think, but no cop wants to shoot someone. It is one of my worst fears-having to shoot someone. Even if it is a 100% perfect, airtight shooting-It absolutely terrifies me. What is also terrifying is that there are so many criminals out there that have guns and will use them.

I am telling you right now, that these cops will be cleared. Not because “I always happens” because that is not true. But they will be cleared because they were chasing a subject that they were told was breaking into cars and a house, in poor lighting conditions, and the subject runs. He has a phone, and you can post all the comparisons of phones vs guns, but at night, with adrenaline pumping, honest mistakes can be made. That is what they will be judged on-that the though he had a gun, they yelled that he had a gun and to drop it. It’s not a set-up so they can shoot someone. That is ridiculous and stupid, the truth is that adrenaline + fear=tragedy. Don’t run is the best advise anyone could give. If you run, you force split second decisions that put your life in jeopardy.

Give zero fucks tbh.

Break into cars, flee cops, you automatically reduce your life expectancy by 35 years.

I'm sure there will be a lot of SLWLs who will attempt to portray this person as the next MLK....

But if you live the life of a criminal , expect to die like one.

How difficult is it to obey an officers instructions not to run?

Fuck this guy, and fuck you leftist scum who will undoubtedly white knight him.

Is this the next famous/infamous incident involving police and another unarmed black male? I don’t know, but news outlets are trying to give this story legs. I was watching the news, I don’t know why, but cnn was on while i was eating breakfast. I was hoping to see something on the serial bomber who went out with a bang and was mopped up with a sponge. But in the ten minutes I watched, there were two segments on this story. Protests have started, so I guess we will see if this ignites something.

Will this man’a death have more impact than the 500 shot in Chicago this year and 108 murders-only 3 months into the new year?

I don't think this one will be controversial, he was breaking the law , he ran , he had something in his hand

Although shot 22 times does raise an eyebrow

I don't think this one will be controversial, he was breaking the law , he ran , he had something in his hand

Although shot 22 times does raise an eyebrow
Yaaah, just like the Gentle Giant wasn't controversial.

Just like that

Give zero fucks tbh.

Break into cars, flee cops, you automatically reduce your life expectancy by 35 years.

I'm sure there will be a lot of SLWLs who will attempt to portray this person as the next MLK....i

I am not white-knighting anybody. You are barking up the wrong tree here. I don’t know if he was breaking into cars, but that is what the original call was. The helicopter pilot was reporting that he was looking into vehicles and a house. They have video, I would like to see that. But then the argument becomes “well, even if he did break into cars, that is not a crime punishable by death!” And I agree, but that is not why the cops shot him. They shot him because they thought he was armed. And when you look at the numbers of black males involved in shootings, is it really that far fetched that police believe that he could have been armed?

There are discrepancies about what he was reportedly holding-a tool of some sort-it does not matter, the cops at that moment were shouting “gun” not “pry bar!” So that argument just sucks and they should stop that shit. Also, the grandmother says she did not hear the police shouting any commands, just heard the shots. Well, they are on video yelling commands at him, so that argument is moot.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/3/21/17149092/stephon-clark-police-shooting-sacramento

Our nation could be plunged into 1 or 2 wars, who gives a dusty fuck about some armed asshole who got shot?

I am not white-knighting anybody. You are barking up the wrong tree here. I don’t know if he was breaking into cars, but that is what the original call was. The helicopter pilot was reporting that he was looking into vehicles and a house. They have video, I would like to see that. But then the argument becomes “well, even if he did break into cars, that is not a crime punishable by death!” And I agree, but that is not why the cops shot him. They shot him because they thought he was armed. And when you look at the numbers of black males involved in shootings, is it really that far fetched that police believe that he could have been armed?

There are discrepancies about what he was reportedly holding-a tool of some sort-it does not matter, the cops at that moment were shouting “gun” not “pry bar!” So that argument just sucks and they should stop that shit. Also, the grandmother says she did not hear the police shouting any commands, just heard the shots. Well, they are on video yelling commands at him, so that argument is moot.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/3/21/17149092/stephon-clark-police-shooting-sacramento

Dude, I wasn't referring to you.

Your posts on this matter are always informed and fair.

@nhbbear

Sorry dude, I'm just triggered because several of my SLWL and SJW friends are reposting and retweeting that stupid shit by Shaun king...

"He was shot 20 times, but Dylan roof was somehow arrested and taken into custody peacefully and was able to order his favorite fast food meal

If you're being chased by cops and holding ANYTHING in your hand(especially in low light conditions) you're asking to be shot. How can people continue to be so dumb?

If he really was doing criminal shit, the black community can't line up behind another loser.

I just saw that there were protests outside of the Sacramento kings game...they blocked the building chantijg join us or go home and didn’t let ticket holders into the stadium.

I don’t expect anyone will give you any pushback on this situation. Reasonable people with any life experience will recognize that the guy was ultimately responsible for putting himself into the situation.

Cliffs: the thread title is a paraphrased quote from Stevante Clark, brother of deceased.

Another black male shot by police. Sacramento police responded to reports of a subject breaking into cars. They send out marked units and a helicopter that reports that the subject was tying to enter cars and then a house. Uniformed police confront the subject who then runs, jumping over fences until he is cornered in a backyard-his grandparents’ residence. Police order him to show his hands, and see an object in his hand. The officer yells “gun” and ducks behind a wall. They then engage the subject and shoot him 22 times. The object was a phone.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/st...by-sacramento-police-while-holding-cellphone/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...ard-thinking-he-had-a-gun-it-was-a-cellphone/

Ten seconds, two seconds-it doesn’t matter if the cops think the subject has a gun. No reasonable person should expect a cop to wait to be shot at before defending themselves from what they believe to be an armed subject. You have to consider the totality of the circumstances before calling them pussies, murderers, or anything else. All those cops know is that they are looking for a suspect breaking into cars, and then they are told he tried to break into a house. When they confront the subject, he runs, and when they catch up to him, he has a phone that they thought was a gun.

It’s horrible that a man lost his life, that kids lost their father, that the grandparents had to see their grandson dead in their backyard. I don’t care what you think, but no cop wants to shoot someone. It is one of my worst fears-having to shoot someone. Even if it is a 100% perfect, airtight shooting-It absolutely terrifies me. What is also terrifying is that there are so many criminals out there that have guns and will use them.

I am telling you right now, that these cops will be cleared. Not because “I always happens” because that is not true. But they will be cleared because they were chasing a subject that they were told was breaking into cars and a house, in poor lighting conditions, and the subject runs. He has a phone, and you can post all the comparisons of phones vs guns, but at night, with adrenaline pumping, honest mistakes can be made. That is what they will be judged on-that the though he had a gun, they yelled that he had a gun and to drop it. It’s not a set-up so they can shoot someone. That is ridiculous and stupid, the truth is that adrenaline + fear=tragedy. Don’t run is the best advise anyone could give. If you run, you force split second decisions that put your life in jeopardy.

Man, I hear what you are saying, but is their no middle ground?

So maybe instead of being criminally liable for being wrong, you are employment liable for being wrong?

Maybe they don't even need to lose their job, just their ability to be a field officer.

I just don't like the idea that running from the police gives license to kill.

Shouldn't their be some consequence to keep cops from erring way too far on the side of caution?

The narrative "he was shot in his own backyard" kind of gets blown out of the water when he ended up there after fleeing police for alleged robbery.

Give zero fucks tbh.

I'm sure there will be a lot of SLWLs who will attempt to portray this person as the next MLK....

I doubt they white knight him....

Came here to bring shame to cops, leaves feeling it was a justified shooting and that no sane person would rally behind a criminal being shoot after grabbing for something after trying to escape from the cops.

He shouldn’t have ran. Sucks that he was shot and killed but that’s the truth.

Say this to yourself a few times;

"Shot 22 times"

Imagine punching someone 22 times in the head to ensure they were out. Even though it was all over after the 3rd punch.

I don't get how you need to shoot someone 22 times. Either the guns suck or the cops went ott.

Still, it sounds like shooting him was warranted.

Say this to yourself a few times;

"Shot 22 times"

Imagine punching someone 22 times in the head to ensure they were out. Even though it was all over after the 3rd punch.

I don't get how you need to shoot someone 22 times. Either the guns suck or the cops went ott.

Still, it sounds like shooting him was warranted.
Why should it matter how many times they shot him? Shoot to kill and be sure of it. And wasn't it more than just one cop shooting? I'm sure they weren't counting each other's shots.

Back