Miguel Torres comes out of retirement

eseseses681

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

He basically said he retired because he didn't have the time he needed to devote to his training, and things have gotten more stable since then and it looks like he could use the extra money (he's got two gyms that're doing pretty well, so the need for extra money probably isn't TOO dire), so between that and that he's still got a competitive drive (he's been offered some fights he's wanted to accept), he's got the extra impetus to come out of retirement.
He also talks about martial arts movies and how he got into the martial arts, the start of his fighting career, shares some Carlson Gracie stories, and talks about Tacos and wanting to open up a restaurant.
He may not be as durable as he used to be, but he's still improving as a martial artist and as long as he doesn't go after super high-level fighters (and doesn't fight at featherweight), he's got a very good chance to win. I'd like to see him avenge his loss to Pablo Alfonso. It's probably the worst loss of his career and it's the one he's got the best chance of avenging.

He basically said he retired because he didn't have the time he needed to devote to his training, and things have gotten more stable since then and it looks like he could use the extra money (he's got two gyms that're doing pretty well, so the need for extra money probably isn't TOO dire), so between that and that he's still got a competitive drive (he's been offered some fights he's wanted to accept), he's got the extra impetus to come out of retirement.
He also talks about martial arts movies and how he got into the martial arts, the start of his fighting career, shares some Carlson Gracie stories, and talks about Tacos and wanting to open up a restaurant.
He may not be as durable as he used to be, but he's still improving as a martial artist and as long as he doesn't go after super high-level fighters (and doesn't fight at featherweight), he's got a very good chance to win. I'd like to see him avenge his loss to Pablo Alfonso. It's probably the worst loss of his career and it's the one he's got the best chance of avenging.

I never thought Miguel Torres was as good as people were saying he was during his prime years. However, it's kinda fucked up his 'fans' a abandoned him during his loss streak. and he did beat Mighty mouse but got robbed blind their fight.

For a few months about a decade ago, he was considered the most dominant MMA guy at any division in any organization. That was when Anderson Silva was out of good opponents and before Lyoto Machida rose to prominence.

he had legal trouble didn't he?

Torres and superstardom should have never be in the same sentence EVER!!!

Didn't this guy make a rape joke? He should never be allowed to fight again

Can't believe any org out there is considering signing him

Guy should disappear from the world for ever

Hope both of his Gyms fail

Dude should just stay retired. He has no chin. I remember he developed that weird shell style and still got KO'd. I am a fan, but I don't want to watch him fight anymore.

I never thought Miguel Torres was as good as people were saying he was during his prime years. However, it's kinda fucked up his 'fans' a abandoned him during his loss streak. and he did beat Mighty mouse but got robbed blind their fight.

Shows how much the fans really matter in the end.

Didn't this guy make a rape joke? He should never be allowed to fight again

Can't believe any org out there is considering signing him

Guy should disappear from the world for ever

Hope both of his Gyms fail
<{fry}>

To me the dude was pretty darn good but he took risks. Totally beat dj tho.

Coming out of retirement, eh? It's only been around 15 months since his last fight, seems more like he took an extended break instead of hanging 'em up for good.

qfCWMAb.gif

Saw him fight in chicago back in the day against mizugaki and that was a gr8 fight.

Torres and superstardom should have never be in the same sentence EVER!!!
Lol a 2017 join date talking shit on Torres.

At least look him up on fightfinder before talking about him.

Torres vs Mizugaki is one of my favorite WEC fights. If you haven't seen it, go watch it.
Frank Mir on commentary going crazy for his loverboy is extra fun.

Lol a 2017 join date talking shit on Torres.

At least look him up on fightfinder before talking about him.

Lol a 2011 join date talking about Torres.

His “prime” was before your SHERDOG join date so you must not know shit about him.

Did I do that right???

Back