Miguel Cotto vs Sadam Ali RBR THREAD

and what undeserved accolades does he get? no one is saying cotto is the greatest fighter ever, but he is a great fighter. like seano already pointed out, he won 19 world title fights, you halfwit. calling that a lower echelon contender is painfully stupid.

Dude is just fucking stupid.

Cotto is a DELOVED fighter and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. He fought the best and win or lose he never disappointed his fans. Trying to argue that a fighter shouldn't get the utmost respect because he has losses is exactly what's wrong with casual boxing fans. You don't need to be undefeated to be a legend. You don't need to win every single fight for true fans to love you. What you have to do is fight real opponents and try your absolute best and Cotto spent his entire career doing that. This TownClown doesn't know a fucking thing about boxing.

Who is? Everyone in here has given him his credit.

But to act like the bicep didnt have a part in this, right after Cotto started laying it on him, is pretty silly.

Edit: Saw your other post. Gotcha.

well a lot of people, irrational flomos for the most part, completely discounted pacqiouas significant tear in his torn rotator cuff as having an impact on the mayweather fight so no surprise people saying that a torn bicep had no affect on the outcome of this fight

I think De La Hoya just found Canelo's next opponent.....

unfair, canelo fought golovkin in a competitive fight and no shame in him fighting khan and ali.

now if this was erisfraudly lara, which is more than likely what is going to happen, then criticism is warranted

because its pretty obvious that lara is never going to fight hurd, jermell or andrade

unfair, canelo fought golovkin in a competitive fight and no shame in him fighting khan and ali.

now if this was erisfraudly lara, which is more than likely what is going to happen, then criticism is warranted

because its pretty obvious that lara is never going to fight hurd, jermell or andrade

Ali just moved up in weight for this fight so I can't see him moving up again to fight Canelo.

At least if he fights Lara it's a half step up from who Lara normally fights. Which isn't saying much but whatever. Lara is throwing his prime away fighting nobodies and making each fight unwatchable. Already looked like time was catching up in his last fight. I can see someone like Ali getting lucky against him at this point. Which would be kind of sad but mostly hilarious.

None of the PBC guys are ever going to fight each other. Its a big freaking joke! Al Haymon's sitting on 2 divisions and doing absolutely nothing. This is probably the first time in history where people DON'T want the fighters all in-house....at least not the Haymon House.

Ali just moved up in weight for this fight so I can't see him moving up again to fight Canelo.

At least if he fights Lara it's a half step up from who Lara normally fights. Which isn't saying much but whatever. Lara is throwing his prime away fighting nobodies and making each fight unwatchable. Already looked like time was catching up in his last fight. I can see someone like Ali getting lucky against him at this point. Which would be kind of sad but mostly hilarious.

I don't even know if its Lara or who. PBC seems to filled with trash match-ups no one cares about.

None of the PBC guys are ever going to fight each other. Its a big freaking joke! Al Haymon's sitting on 2 divisions and doing absolutely nothing. This is probably the first time in history where people DON'T want the fighters all in-house....at least not the Haymon House.
There have been plenty of in house fights between Al Haymon fighters, and im talking about high profile, unification and title fights

There have been plenty of in house fights between Al Haymon fighters, and im talking about high profile, unification and title fights

They have had a few, Thurman-Garcia was one of them. But not enough, given they have like 6 of the combined 8 belts at welterweight and super-welterweight.

Where are all the other unifications? Thurman is out on injury (and Spence wants to fight him). Why aren't Lara, Hurd and Charlo fighting anyone of each other? That's 3 champions who are in fighting condition.

Mares-Santa Cruz
Jack-DeGale
Thurman-Garcia

Not sure if Spence Peterson is a unification, but there are potential unification fights for 2018 like Spence vs Thurman, Lara vs Charlo and Mares vs Santa Cruz rematch

154 has been pretty good in 2017 but could have been better

Liam Smith was ranked #1 in the WBO prior to last night, so I'd assume that will be Ali's mandatory.

Close fight. No problem with the decision.

Thats how close fights are. (Take notes several of you.)
My favorite guy lost though, so it was a robbery. Probably I won't watch boxing anymore. Corruption etc.

Plus,Cotto hurt his arm. Can't fight with one arm, right? Should be a no contest.

Liam Smith was ranked #1 in the WBO prior to last night, so I'd assume that will be Ali's mandatory.

There's another prospect, Magomed Kurbanov. I expect him to get a title shot next year.

Although I do hope Sadam Ali gets to defend the belt against someone else before that. I expect Kurbanov to give him serious trouble. Kanat Islam is also waiting in the wings, I hope he gets a shot at the WBA instead.

There's another prospect, Magomed Kurbanov. I expect him to get a title shot next year.

Although I do hope Sadam Ali gets to defend the belt against someone else before that. I expect Kurbanov to give him serious trouble. Kanat Islam is also waiting in the wings, I hope he gets a shot at the WBA instead.
I would guess Ali is going to have his pick of opponents. Thats a vulnerable title holder, right there.

My favorite guy lost though, so it was a robbery. Probably I won't watch boxing anymore. Corruption etc.

Plus,Cotto hurt his arm. Can't fight with one arm, right? Should be a no contest.
/sherdog

Ali probably looked better than he did at 147 but I think he will have a very hard time with the other champions.

I watched Sunday and had that funny feeling that I was getting ready to see a draw, or even a wide Cotto win.

I feel like the right guy got the nod.

And thanks for the memories, Cotto!

Did anyone else notice the amount of back acne on Ali? He looked bigger this fight, and credited the size to pushups. Sounds fishy af to me.....

Dude is just fucking stupid.

Cotto is a DELOVED fighter and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. He fought the best and win or lose he never disappointed his fans. Trying to argue that a fighter shouldn't get the utmost respect because he has losses is exactly what's wrong with casual boxing fans. You don't need to be undefeated to be a legend. You don't need to win every single fight for true fans to love you. What you have to do is fight real opponents and try your absolute best and Cotto spent his entire career doing that. This TownClown doesn't know a fucking thing about boxing.
Hey, dumbass...you're misquoting me because you didn't pay attention to anything I said....next time pay attention:

I SAID cotto has fought hard throughout his career ....but that's like praising an employee for working hard. He's a fighter and he's SUPPOSED to give it his all...it's what's expected. you don't get extra points for doing what you get paid to do.

I SAID in an earlier post that cotto hasn't ducked anybody...he even gave canelo a shot at the me title and fought margarito in a rematch....but you also don't get credit for LOSING...and cotto lost to practically EVERY top guy he faced....even the ones the judges gifted him with wins over, like ssm and clottey...in fact, cotto should have been DQ'd against zab Judah....he should have at LEAST 8 losses on his record...and if he had been forced to fight the likes of corey spinks, ricky hatton and Vernon forrest, he'd have even more losses.

No doubt cotto is a "BELOVED" fighter...and I SAID that too...read my fuckin post, you dumbass. My only question is "why?"...why is cotto more popular than, say Vince Philips or Cornelius bundrage? Those guys gave 110% in every fight too...just like cotto. As I said, it's really because cotto's a P.R. fighter and P.R. has a huge fanbase, so there always needs to be a P.R. fighter in the mix going back to tito, macho Camacho, Wilfredo Gomez, Wilfred benitez, etc...it brings money to the sport. that's what the marketing hype behind cotto is all about.

Hey, dumbass...you're misquoting me because you didn't pay attention to anything I said....next time pay attention:

I SAID cotto has fought hard throughout his career ....but that's like praising an employee for working hard. He's a fighter and he's SUPPOSED to give it his all...it's what's expected. you don't get extra points for doing what you get paid to do.

I SAID in an earlier post that cotto hasn't ducked anybody...he even gave canelo a shot at the me title and fought margarito in a rematch....but you also don't get credit for LOSING...and cotto lost to practically EVERY top guy he faced....even the ones the judges gifted him with wins over, like ssm and clottey...in fact, cotto should have been DQ'd against zab Judah....he should have at LEAST 8 losses on his record...and if he had been forced to fight the likes of corey spinks, ricky hatton and Vernon forrest, he'd have even more losses.

No doubt cotto is a "BELOVED" fighter...and I SAID that too...read my fuckin post, you dumbass. My only question is "why?"...why is cotto more popular than, say Vince Philips or Cornelius bundrage? Those guys gave 110% in every fight too...just like cotto. As I said, it's really because cotto's a P.R. fighter and P.R. has a huge fanbase, so there always needs to be a P.R. fighter in the mix going back to tito, macho Camacho, Wilfredo Gomez, Wilfred benitez, etc...it brings money to the sport. that's what the marketing hype behind cotto is all about.

What about basing your appraisal of a boxer on his actual boxing record ? That's a popular way of proceeding in boxing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back