Miguel Cotto NOT one of my fav fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read more than the first two sentences, but this seems oddly like the thread trashing Pacquiao from that can of a poster which recently popped up.

I didn't read more than the first two sentences, but this seems oddly like the thread trashing Pacquiao from that can of a poster which recently popped up.

Aimed at arguably the two most successful, popular guys around here among active fighters. This can't be trolling, at all.

Who the fuck is this guy and why does he hate a saint and an angel like Cotto?

tenor.gif

Probably the biggest critique I can have of him, but while I dont really care for it I also can understand it. Dont think Id want to have a camera/mic in my face right after either. (Though the nature of the business is that there is some obligation here.)

But at the end of the day Cotto has carried himself very well. Really respectful to his opponents and doesnt get into the bullshit drama that so many do.

For sure. The fact it's the only thing that ever bothered me about him says a lot. He always came off as a class act in every other way inside and out of the ring. Really happy to see him leaving the sport with his brain and bank account intact. He earned every dime and his reputation as a true great of the modern era.

Cotto vs Shane judging didnt really bother me.

What bothered me was the beginning of a round where Shane had Cotto hurt in the corner, and the referee paused the action to wipe water off the floor
I thought that was a good fight. Both fighters landed the same amount of punches.

Just for the record, I've never been much of an artichoke fan. Their flavor is a bit too mild for my taste, and don't get me started on how annoying they are to peel.
I'm not really a fan of artichokes either but I think your criticism is a little unfair. The appeal is the mild flavor. Its like eating Habaneros and complaining they are too hot.

And too hard to peel? What, you need your mama to help you peel your food?

Yeah, yeah, I get it. Hating on artichokes is the cool thing on the web today but your argument was flimsy at best.

I'm not really a fan of artichokes either but I think your criticism is a little unfair. The appeal is the mild flavor. Its like eating Habaneros and complaining they are too hot.

And too hard to peel? What, you need your mama to help you peel your food?

Yeah, yeah, I get it. Hating on artichokes is the cool thing on the web today but your argument was flimsy at best.

Thanks for always jumping in and bringing up hipster points about vegetables. Next thing we know you'll pick Italian eggplants for first ballot HOF induction.

Which proven veggies aren't better than artichokes ? Turnips ? That's controversial at best. Turnips bring some uncanny bitterness to the table. Artichokes ? I don't think so.

Thanks for always jumping in and bring up hipster points about vegetables. Next thing we know you'll pick Italian eggplants for first ballot HOF induction.

Which proven veggies aren't better than artichokes ? Turnips ? That's controversial at best. Turnips bring some uncanny bitterness to the table. Artichokes ? I don't think so.
I'm judging artichokes on their own merits. Turnips are totally different. No one likes turnips unless we're talking about artichokes anyway, then suddenly everyone is all about turnips. And I'm the hipster? I never once saw you mention turnips on this forum before this, now you're some sort of turnip expert?

I'm judging artichokes on their own merits. Turnips are totally different. No one likes turnips unless we're talking about artichokes anyway, then suddenly everyone is all about turnips. And I'm the hipster? I never once saw you mention turnips on this forum before this, now you're some sort of turnip expert?

This thread is getting better and better.

Your precious artichokes aren't, though. Always overrated by them Euro snobs. Bring them to face corn on the cob in some solid American BBQ undercard and all of a sudden they look helpless. C-level vegetables at best.

I should have locked it initially but I wanted TS to get shamed. What a clown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back