Migrants will not pay for your retirement

Do you want to pick strawberries or other crops?

Lock those people out and you have a massive dip in GNP

If they couldn't help their own countries, somehow they will be able to help this country.

Liberal logic in its metastatic form.

The correct terminology is, "Refugee". Thank you very much.

Even more of a reason to go ahead with immigration reform.

In moderation, they are. Legions of them for political gain are a catastrophe.

Indeed. Especially in an already developed country that doesn't need them in droves for development anymore. Something people who constantly point to the 1800's and early 1900's conveniently leave out.

No facts just emotional feelings.

Indeed. Especially in an already developed country that doesn't need them in droves for development anymore. Something people who constantly point to the 1800's and early 1900's conveniently leave out.

You sound like a protected douche

well it certainly works for say Nigerians in the US.....but that's because they don't let shit tier skilled people in....

i mean why would they? we don't have a war to draft for like the Civil War haha

Immigrants generally are if there's a proper vetting procedure in place. As in, are they compatible, motivated, and want to adapt to their new homes.
I highly doubt all that shit matters, as the article points out education is the better predictor. Some dirt poor Mexican dreaming of American citizenship will likely contribute less than an Indian with a PhD who integrates into the local Indian community with no intention of assimilation into larger American culture.

no no no. It's an investment. Their kids will be the next generation of natives and they will pay for our retirements.

Yea, I think people are missing immigrants are a tool to use when a developed countries birth rates drop. Our entitlement programs usually depend on more paying in that those receiving, especially for our elderly with social security.

Though I think the graph was still arguing that the descendants wouldn't produce a net benefit and may zero out. Time will tell but I do think immigration is an advantage for the United States and we've been handling it better than Japan or Germany.

But Jon Oliver told us that the wave of migrants hitting Europe would result in higher wages for everyone.

Jon Oliver is one of the most pathetic people on television. He is another one of the smug Jon Stewart wannabes who pulls the, "I'm just a comedian" card when they are called out on their nonsense.

but theyre all going to be doctors and engineers

but we cant screen out non-educated people like the japanese do, because thats evil

Back