Mighty Mouse vs Cody Garbrandt At 125 - Who Wins?

Idk if you’re trolling or not but he was offered the Dillashaw fight.

But he never turned that fight down...he just asked for proper compensation in case TJ couldn't make weight. He also asked to fight TJ when he was Champ before at BW, but Dana said NO because it "wasn't marketable". Now name someone he said "nope. I won't fight him.".

He would have to be able to win the bantam weight first. Didnt win the first time, dont see him winning the second time. Its not like its years later and Cody is that much better. it was his last fight and got KOed.
It will more then likely happen again.

Mighty Duck aint fighting any hitters so forget it

Why would his power not translate to 125? He'd be moving down, not moving up - Concerns over your power not having the same affect in a different weight class almost always exist in situations where you're moving up to face bigger guys who can presumingly take your punches better. Cody would be moving down and while Johnson used to fight at 135, he was pretty small for the weight class.
DC disagrees

Cody, assuming he could reasonably make 125. Only he knows for sure whether or not he could make it.

If he loses to TJ again he should consider taking that fight

DC disagrees

There's a body of evidence of guys maintaining their power while dropping down in weight, it's not really a debatable thing. DC not managing to KO/TKO any of his handful of opponents at LHW (with the exception of Volkan) doesn't really prove anything.

He would have to be able to win the bantam weight first. Didnt win the first time, dont see him winning the second time. Its not like its years later and Cody is that much better. it was his last fight and got KOed.
It will more then likely happen again.

TJ was almost finished in the first round himself. It's not like it was a blowout.

TJ was almost finished in the first round himself. It's not like it was a blowout.

I know I was just jabbing at Cody fans. I do think TJ will still win, but will still be a close fight and last longer. Not sure if it can go the distance though.

Cody would be wasted going down, the only way is up to FW, that would be epic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back