Mighty Mouse vs Cody Garbrandt At 125 - Who Wins?

I predicted a while back that Cody would eventually be the one to dethrone MM at Flyweight after he regained his championship at Bantamweight. This is still my prediction, but regardless of whether it happens or not, who do you believe would win if these two squared off at 125 pounds? Cody is 11-1 and beat Dominick Cruz at his own game despite the huge gap in experience between the two. He also nearly had Dillashaw finished in the first round of their first fight. Do you think he'd have what it took to bring down Mighty Mouse at his own weight class?
Cody finishes him.
Mighty Mouse wouldn't be able to hold him down and there would be a giant skill gap between their striking.

MM because Garbrandt isn't making 125, and if he tries, he'll be nowhere near 100% for the fight.

MM could win a decision but he would have to not get hit hard by Cody which is hard to do.

Yeah, that Olympic Gold Medalist he's facing is such a bum

<mma3>

Rulon Gardner was an Olympic gold medallist in wrestling. Doesn't mean someone is elite in MMA. He's fighting someone he already KOd in 1 round. How exciting.

I got MM, Cody's chin would be even worse off from that weight cut to 125lbs. Plus I just think MM is the better overall fighter.

Mighty Mouse wouldn't be able to take him down and would get lit up on the feet

I think MM vs TJ is a 50-50 fight, but Cody beats MM 8/10 times

TJ isn't as fast as Cody and might actually entertain grappling with MM, which could be a mistake

Rulon Gardner was an Olympic gold medallist in wrestling. Doesn't mean someone is elite in MMA. He's fighting someone he already KOd in 1 round. How exciting.
That guy is also undefeated outside of his single loss to MM

But you'll just hate the guy because of his size, regardless of what he does. He's set the record for consecutive title defenses and somehow you continue to hate on the guy, saying he's "ducking" people that have never fought at his weight class.

You're as pathetic as the obsessive Conor haters, and you're literally using the same arguments they do.

That guy is also undefeated outside of his single loss to MM

But you'll just hate the guy because of his size, regardless of what he does. He's set the record for consecutive title defenses and somehow you continue to hate on the guy, saying he's "ducking" people that have never fought at his weight class.

You're as pathetic as the obsessive Conor haters, and you're literally using the same arguments they do.

TJ was willing to go to FLW. It's completely different. And I don't hate FLWs because of their size. BWs are manlets too. There is no strength in depth at FLW. MM has the most defences ever yet he has almost 0 wins anyone will remember. TJ would have been the biggest win of his career and he ducked it.

MM would school Cody...and everyone who has posted on here thus far are morons who clearly have no knowledge of MM and willing to post based on ignorance.
We will never know because of mighty mouse’s tendency of turning down fights. His new nickname should be the mighty duck.

ridiculous amount of money
He was willing to fight Dillashaw for as low as $1 million back in 2015, wanted to fight Cruz in 2016, and wanted to fight Garbrandt in 2017, but all of a sudden he's ducking because he's asking for the same purse he would've accepted 3 years ago?

giphy.gif

At the moment I would favor MM over just about anyone who has the capability to make it down to FlyW without going through truly life threatening fluid/weight cutting procedures. Cody may be too big to qualify; Dillashaw may be too big as well. That said, at the moment MM may be still be able to outwork Dillashaw, Garbrandt and Cruz at a catchweight fight. I'm not seeing anyone who has advanced at a faster pace and his speed really is just out of this planet.

125 weight class should be removed. What the fuck is this? They have 0 power at that weight class. There probably are more finishes in WM BW.

Nobody has a guarantee that his opponent makes the weight cut these days.

At the very least the fighters have already made the weight in the past. TJ has never cut down to 125, even in his wrestling days. MM was set to break the consecutive defense streak...and TJ failing to make weight would have stopped him in his tracks. Dana was out in all media sources screaming about how TJ would "definitely" make weight and he had no questions about it, but when MM asked him to put up or shut up...he shut the fuck up (other than bitching about MM that is).

Garbrant via KO.

I just don't see MM path to victory.

Cody has much better boxing and MM sure as hell isn't taking him down.

Back