Mighty Mouse - TJ Superfight moving closer - Fight Week targeted but the money must be right

I don't think so. Casual fans don't like MM and it has nothing to do with promotion. People like trash talk and MM is a good guy. People want a bad guy and that's why Conor is so popular. He talked his way into a life changing fight. MM has the skills no doubt, but he'll never be the people's champ and he's smart to ask for a stacked card. That's the only way his PPV would ever draw big numbers. He's an exciting fighter, just not to casual fans.
Casuals also like seeing people get beat the fuck up and DJ does that to people. It’s the UFC’s fault for never marketing him.

Kinda weird he wont take tj fight unless all stars align but a no1 contender at 125 hes ready to sign.

lmao, so to fight tj he want to have to have 3 superfights on the cards or its doesnt happen, its just a way to duck

i could get on board with his demands if he asked to be put on a simply solid card, but what is he asking for is insane

I believe it was just an example of what he'd like. I doubt he'll refuse if they put him and Dillashaw below big draws who aren't superfights.

If you need to rely on a legitimate PPV draw to ensure you take home big bucks, then you likely don't deserve big bucks. But fuck it. I'm dying to see him fight a legitimate champion-level fighter.

Lol at “I’m not trying to piggyback off anybody” but I want 3 title fights on this card haha

I don’t have a fundamental problem with Mouse Johnson but one thing is clear...he sure as hell isnt who youguys/sherdog have been telling me he is.

lmao, so to fight tj he want to have to have 3 superfights on the cards or its doesnt happen, its just a way to duck

i could get on board with his demands if he asked to be put on a simply solid card, but what is he asking for is insane
He doesn't seem to be demanding that, but he is suggesting it strongly. Frankly, it could be a great idea. Of the 6 fighters in those 3 fights, only one is a draw(GSP). It could be a way to introduce more people and rub some PPV shine onto Cyborg, Nunes, Woodley, TJ, and DJ.

just stripe him and make dillishaw- cejudo for the belt

In what world is Justino vs Nunes a superfight? (And, for the record, I LOVE both of them).

And St-Pierre vs Woodley is not a superfight either. It would be a snooze fest.

13wtay.jpg
And in this sense, the game simply isn't really interested in the smallest division and MM hasn't proven to be much of a salesman. So now he wants to stall and wait for a big fight marketed by somebody with a personality or a risk taker. It's a sad state of affairs on his part. If he'd fought and beaten TJ when he turned it down it would have surely raised his stock.

It is good business for both the UFC and Mighty Mouse to put him on a stacked card. Mighty Mouse has potential to become one of their biggest stars, imo.

Well, if we're talking about the majority of the fighters - the UFC should just pay them more. Since they all lost their sponsors, they really need more money.
But with MM, that's not the case. And it's not about him being greedy - it's about him wanting to run on someone else's prestige.

But shouldn't a guy that is probably the most dominant champion in the ufc get paid well?...why should his popularity matter...I know it does, but it really shouldn't...He should get paid according to his fighting ability and if he wins or not...he's defended his title freaken 11x...he should be getting paid very very well....If the ufc wants to play that game of "you only make good money, if you sell alot of ppv's" then he should be allowed to play the game right back...and want to be on a card where the main event is a big seller...

If course he wants to get paid more money to fight his toughest and most risky fight. I don't know why people think this is weird.
He is saying three title fights, but what he wants is money. If Conor is on the card, he will gladly do the co-main event and get some real money.

Even MM's business moves are boring! That guy is seriously instant-valium for anything he touches!

TJ isn't even really a superfight, yet still MM is making a joke out of his division and his legacy... his boring, boring, boring legacy.

yet he figths ray fucking borg on a shitty card... i honestly think johnson is afraid.

Without the players there is no game. I have nothing against MM but the objective fact is he is begging and holding the fight to ransom for more money and it's not even he who will be attracting that revenue as he himself has admitted.

If course he wants to get paid more money to fight his toughest and most risky fight. I don't know why people think this is weird.
He is saying three title fights, but what he wants is money. If Conor is on the card, he will gladly do the co-main event and get some real money.

Even the possibility of Conor being on that card for a belt is a disgrace.

Casuals also like seeing people get beat the fuck up and DJ does that to people. It’s the UFC’s fault for never marketing him.
Nobody in the lower weight classes is a draw. Not the promotion’s fault. Great fighter’s, but skill doesn’t sell. Charisma is needed to draw people in. He doesn’t have it. GSP sells and he isn’t as exciting a fighter as MM, but he has charisma.

Go ahead and get this ball rolling DJ. Because I've already got plans to be in Vegas that weekend and I'll damn sure be going to UFC if this card happens.

Back