Mighty Mouse is the GOAT fighter of all time, no questions

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's 12-0 in 125 lb title fights. 12-0!! TWELVE AND ZERO.

7 finishes. FINISHES.

Look at the runner ups:

GSP - Only 3 finishes in title fights. So low. Mostly just decisions. Very bad legacy.

Fedor -- fought mostly cans. Sorry, Zuluzinho does not count as a prime fight defense. It just doesn't.

Anderson -- overrated. 1 dimensional.

GSP -- undefeated, sure. But he's retired and Mighty Mouse is going to keep on winning for years. It's no contest.

Aldo -- really?

Jones -- could have been. We'll see but he's just too inactive.

This isn't going to go well.

Who has he beaten?

Yup he is GOaT all right..but in his weightclass..

GSP only 3 finishes against world case comp and mailing the rest for 5 rounds or MM having a bunch of finishes against people you have barely heard of most of which clearly don' belong in a title fight?

GSP is the easy answer.

I don't know if he's the best ever but people seriously underestimate the division. If there was no MM the division would be very competitive and everyone, except the lower weightclass haters, would be singing the praise of their skills and whatnot.

Kid Yamamoto, Miguel Torres, Ian McCall, Joseph Benavidez, Kyoji Horiguchi, John Dodson, Henry Cejudo

Cool. Doesn't hold a candle to the legends that Jones and GSP have defeated.

Kid and Miguel were way past their prime too.

No disrespect to MM but fights agaişnst very weak opponents

While I agree with you TC I disagree with your assessment of some of the other fighters.

Kid Yamamoto, Miguel Torres, Ian McCall, Joseph Benavidez, Kyoji Horiguchi, John Dodson, Henry Cejudo
His record is fantastic. People willfully ignore the quality of guys he's beaten. He's the GOAT for sure.

Nah...Ducked TJ hard. Beat a bunch of mid tier opponents. Whoop dee frickin doo.

MM is probably the most well rounded fighter, but his competition was/is meh

ps: i love mm

Fedor -- fought mostly cans. Sorry, Zuluzinho does not count as a prime fight defense. It just doesn't.

Please, allow me to respectfully refute this missguided post with facts.

Fedor's schedule vs top fighters was similar to Anderson Silva's, who's one of the longest reigning UFC champion ever:

Anderson Silva's top wins per year in the UFC:

2006: 1
2007:2
2008:1
2009:2
2010: 2
2011:2
2012: 1

Average: 1.5 top fighters per year

Fedor's top wins per year while not in the UFC:

2002: 2
2003: 2
2004: 3
2005: 1
2006:1
2007: 1
2008: 1
2009: 2

Average: 1.6 top fighters per year

The only difference is that Fedor fought up to 5 times a year, while UFC champions rarely ever fight more than 3 times. Fedor fought some lower tier opponents in between his top wins, which wasn't a bad thing since he was active and paychecks weren't as good back then.

Examples: Fedor fought Valavicius only 3 weeks after fighting Nogueira for the HW belt. Yuji Nagata was his 5th fight in 2003. His fight with Zulu was only 3 months after fighting Crocop. Fedor also had some lower tier fights after Pride folded, as he had a hard time finding top ranked opponents. Eg. He had to fight Matt Lindland after Randy Couture turned down a fight with him in Bodog for 3 million. The HMC fight also happened during the time Fedor was unsigned with any major organization. Few months later he signed with Affliction, which ended up having more top 10 HW's than the UFC.

Furthermore, decorated UFC champions like GSP, Anderson, Conor and even Mighty Mouse lost to mid/low tier fighters. And they were not fighting at HW, where even the low tiers are dangerous due to their size and power. That proves staying unbeaten like Fedor is extremely hard, no matter what. Even more at HW.

Overall:

-Fedor fought in the toughest HW divisions while he was a top fighter. Pride, Affliction and Strikeforce all had better HW divisions than the UFC.
-Fedor is the second HW with the the most top wins. (Nogueira being the only one above)
-Fedor had more fights per year than UFC fighters, but his schedule vs. top opponents was on par with a UFC champion's.

Other feats:

-10 years undefeated at HW (the easiest division to lose at)
-27 win streak
-More than 7 years in a row ranked #1
-Defended his #1 HW ranking spot 18 times
-At least 12 top ranked wins
-Multiple time world champion under different orgs. and rules:

*Rings Openweight Championship
*Rings Absolute Class tournament winner
*Pride HW champion
*Pride HW Grand Prix world champion
*WAMMA HW champion
-
Over 70% of his wins were finishes

So yeah, Fedor is the GOAT.

Respectfully, Claude.

Last edited:
MM being the goat is something i'm not going to disagree with strongly but your reasons are pretty weak.

Fedor has a great resume. You're correct Zulu wasnt a title defense because it literally wasnt for a title.

You dismissed GSP's resume completely because he has four less finishes but Anderson has 11 I believe, which is four more than DJ :thinking: Also Silva was not one dimensional. He just had average wrestling. That isn't the same. He was good on bottom, top, and in the clinch as well as striking range.

Aldo has 10 FW championship wins, so yeah really. He's one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time.

I think "goat" is way too subjective until a fighter rises above the rest, and honestly DJ is in position to do that but he hasnt yet. He's still among the greatest with no clear lead.

Back