Mighty Mouse is just plain scared.

Who is scared... The 125lb champion and possible GOAT?

Or the 135lb champ who has been trying to duck rematches with Dom and Cody, and fights with Rivera, and Moraes by calling out fighters from lower weight classes?

Tj hasn't defended his belt once and he has spent the last 7 months campaigning for a fight with smaller fighters from lower weight classes....

Who is scared?
TJ is fighting Cody.

I love Mighty Mouse, I have seen every single one of his fights since Pickett. DJ is an amazing fighter who has a hall of fame career already. At this point though I am starting to lose interest in him because of his fear of TJ.

Let's remember that mighty mouse ran away from the 135 division(where he only had one loss in the UFC). He fought someone with more skill than him in Cruz and then fled the entire division. Now here we are 13 cans later, and he has the opportunity to cement himself as one of the greatest by beating the bantamweight champion (at 125 lbs) but he refuses because he is scared. DJ "couldn't" fight TJ and now suddenly he is on the same card.

Instead of the biggest fight of his career he decided to take the safe option and defend his belt against a former foe whose record since the first time they fought is 2-1. A former foe in Henry Cejudo that he already beat by TKO in the first round. Mighty Mouse is outright scared of TJ, or more so the fact that if he loses to TJ his entire storybook career that has been artificially built around him will come crashing down.
He "ran away from the 135 division"?

What about all the other fighters who dropped down to 135?

How would you know why he isn't fighting Dilly?

You guys and your hate is limitless.

I love Mighty Mouse, I have seen every single one of his fights since Pickett. DJ is an amazing fighter who has a hall of fame career already. At this point though I am starting to lose interest in him because of his fear of TJ.

Let's remember that mighty mouse ran away from the 135 division(where he only had one loss in the UFC). He fought someone with more skill than him in Cruz and then fled the entire division. Now here we are 13 cans later, and he has the opportunity to cement himself as one of the greatest by beating the bantamweight champion (at 125 lbs) but he refuses because he is scared. DJ "couldn't" fight TJ and now suddenly he is on the same card.

Instead of the biggest fight of his career he decided to take the safe option and defend his belt against a former foe whose record since the first time they fought is 2-1. A former foe in Henry Cejudo that he already beat by TKO in the first round. Mighty Mouse is outright scared of TJ, or more so the fact that if he loses to TJ his entire storybook career that has been artificially built around him will come crashing down.

he is very small man. very very small man of course

He hasn't done anything to earn that money. He does not promote himself aside from playing video games.

I never said I would beat him up, why do all fanboys immediately scream "THEY WOULD ALL BEAT YOU UP!!!?!?!!!".

He is terrified of TJ so he fought fucking Ray Borg instead, now he is fighting someone he already beat. Why in the world would the pay him when he refuses the fight that will actually make money.

it's the UFC's job to promote him, not his. His job is to fight and to win, which he has better than anyone as a champion in the history of the company.

If he doesn't deserve 1 payday for a "super fight" that the UFC stands to make more money off of, then nobody does.

TJ would beat the hell outta him and DJ knows it and doesn't want to ruin his legacy and face his twitch fanboys

he wants paid for the risk and is holding firm. ufc fucked up kissing Connors ass and now it's a mess that they ultimately deserve.

it's the UFC's job to promote him, not his.

It's the UFC's job to sell events. They don't owe him anything beyond the opportunity to perform. What he owes them, and his fans, is putting himself over and become a star. If he can't do that, it's his own fault. He probably could be a star if he worked hard at it.

If he doesn't deserve 1 payday for a "super fight" that the UFC stands to make more money off of, then nobody does.

No, he doesn't. What someone "deserves" is purely subjective. "Deserve" by what scale? Who determines that? One "super fight" that will sell how much? I bet if MM were offered a 50k payday, and 50% of the PPV cut, he would refuse - because he knows he isn't a draw.

His job is to fight and to win, which he has better than anyone as a champion in the history of the company.

Well ain't he special? This, again, is subjective. He's fought less than stellar competition. When the division catches up to him, people will say that he's either out of prime or got old - like they said about Royce, Hughes, Ronda, GSP, Aldo, etc. It's too bad that we won't get to witness MM against an equal foe in both primes.

Love it when Shertards call a champion fighter scared. Maybe you can lend him some of your courage you fucking mouth breather.
Your opnion doesn't make him any less of a legend to the sport. He's an outstanding fighter that just happens to be very small. And for you to say everyone he's beaten in his past 13 fights is a can shows just how fucking stupid you really are.

13 cans that would annihilate you in about 4 seconds.

He's scared of TJ, but fought Dom. And half of his career at 135. Right.

How about the UFC pays MM what he is asking for, for that fight? They have enough to shell out 500k to CM punk, 800k to Alistair, 500k to Mark Hunt. Give MM his 1mm he's asked for. Doesn't seem that difficult.

Because he isn't worth nearly what he's asking for.

Probably couldn't sell out his family reunion.

Mighty Mouse is outright scared of TJ, or more so the fact that if he loses to TJ his entire storybook career that has been artificially built around him will come crashing down.

Firstly... Fuck off is he scared. Such a naive basic analysis.

Secondly... What basis do you have for claiming that anything about MM's career up to this point should be considered 'artificial'?

Thirdly (to revisit the "scared" argument)... Yes I'd imagine TJ's main hesitation is related to his obviously slim chance of victory. Which to me seems perfectly reasonable when you consider the fact he would be fighting the champion in a heavier weight class for the opportunity to unite 2 belts - a feat which has only been achieved once in the modern era of the sport.

Finally, it's rant time... Seriously, have we moved into an era where it's not enough for a fighter to be totally dominant within their weight class? They must go on to challenge a heavier champion before truly gaining our respect... honestly so many of you guys complain about Conor and how he's changed the sport, yet you lap up the new climate of the Conor-era with your ridiculous expectations and refusal to acknowledge due credit for one of the truly great athletes of our sport.

DJ would outclass TJ. Nothing to be afraid of

There is literally zero upside for him to take this fight

The UFC is trying to set up a “superfight” without putting up superfight money

Firstly... Fuck off is he scared. Such a naive basic analysis.

Secondly... What basis do you have for claiming that anything about MM's career up to this point should be considered 'artificial'?

Thirdly (to revisit the "scared" argument)... Yes I'd imagine TJ's main hesitation is related to his obviously slim chance of victory. Which to me seems perfectly reasonable when you consider the fact he would be fighting the champion in a heavier weight class for the opportunity to unite 2 belts - a feat which has only been achieved once in the modern era of the sport.

Finally, it's rant time... Seriously, have we moved into an era where it's not enough for a fighter to be totally dominant within their weight class? They must go on to challenge a heavier champion before truly gaining our respect... honestly so many of you guys complain about Conor and how he's changed the sport, yet you lap up the new climate of the Conor-era with your ridiculous expectations and refusal to acknowledge due credit for one of the truly great athletes of our sport.
The point of his career being "artificial" is that he cuts weight down to a division that only exists for the expressed purpose of giving DJ a division he can be champion in. He is a great fighter who could have still competed at 135 but after on fight with Dom he went to 125 with tail between legs. It is a division that can't even have more than two title fights in a row without a repeat contender. His entire title defense legacy has been fabricated in this division. Everyone likes to say how he is being asked to fight a "bigger fighter". TJ is only like 2-3 inches taller. Weight wise they are equals, DJ could fight bantam weight with only a small weightcut. The entire division is full of people ducking 135 because they are short, not because they weigh less.

i hope he loses to cejudo. that would be fucking gold. then dana refuses to give him a ts until he fights tj

I've never met a 125 lb man in real life.

Neither have I.

I've also never met anyone who's 6'9"... does that mean we should scrap the NBA?

The fact that the division exists with a lengthy roster is evidence enough, but the fact the division also maintains a highly-talented, celebrated champion with elite level skills... a guy who is consistently mentioned in p4p discussions... leaves no doubt in my mind that a 125lb division is a perfectly acceptable facet of the sport.

Also... I assume you despise boxing? Their weight classes go way lighter than 125lbs. Actually come to think of it I guess you just fast forward to the bit where the big muscly guys come in. Then turn over to WWE so you can jerk off to Triple H doing the pedigree on John Cena.

it's the UFC's job to promote him, not his. His job is to fight and to win, which he has better than anyone as a champion in the history of the company.

IT IS NOT THE UFC's JOB TO PROMOTE FIGHTERS, GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.

Back