Mighty Mouse is just plain scared.

Who fucking cares.

DJ is refusing a fight in the weight class that he is champion of.

As far as I'm concerned, he should be stripped for refusing the fight. He isn't being asked to move up, he's being asked to defend against a potential contender.

In my opinion the UFC just needs to make the fight and if Johnson refuses then strip him of the belt. Champions should not be able to pick and choose who they fight. They are supposed to be the best in their division. So what if the challenger is dropping down in weight and its not up to the champion on weather they earned the shot or not. Just fight the fights that are made for you. It's the UFC belt not the mighty mouse belt. Just my opinion.

Is there any precedent for this? Has a champion ever lost a belt for not fighting someone from another weight class?

How about we finally end the shenanigans and we finally see MM fight TJ for the 135 belt?

Or the UFC just cough up $2 million to MM like he's been asking for the entire time
$2M for a fighter who does not fill seat but instead empty them? Are you serious?

So Let me get this right. A professional fighter is scared to fight another professional fighter? Said fighter is also the champion of the division. Yeah makes sense. Gtfo

I’ve said this, why did tj get to go down to 125, mm should go up win the belt n get the respect he deserves

I’ve said this, why did tj get to go down to 125, mm should go up win the belt n get the respect he deserves

A better question is why people are so obsessed with this fight when we've got a shitload of legit contenders in line at 135?

Garbrandt, Moraes, Assuncao. If the UFC hadn't been fucking around given Faber a shot, Rivera might have had a chance to fight for the title as well.

If DJ doesn't want the fight, who fucking cares? Plenty of legit match ups at BW, which hasn't exactly been having regularly scheduled title fights over the past few years.

They're not going to pay him it simply because he doesn't have enough interest

Hail the brave TJ! who dares to stare hunger, dehydration and death itself in the face, to journey down the rabbit hole to flyweight to face

feet
of
terror....

Perhaps he's scared, perhaps he's comfortable in his division.

It's not like he dropped down to beat smaller guys. He IS a smaller guy, even in his current division.

Yeah but this is not about going up. He won't take a fight with someone going down. That does not happen. I am shocked he was not stripped. They have stripped people before for refusing to fight..

Hail the brave TJ! who dares to stare hunger, dehydration and death itself in the face, to journey down the rabbit hole to flyweight to face

feet
of
terror....

I would not want the fight if i was TJ. Starve to go down to 125 just for 1 fight. 135 is the better division. Stay put..

I would not want the fight if i was TJ. Starve to go down to 125 just for 1 fight. 135 is the better division. Stay put..
It’s really hard to respect Tj in all this

Now if he goes up to featherweight and calls out Frankie Edgar, that’s a different story

Who is scared... The 125lb champion and possible GOAT?

Or the 135lb champ who has been trying to duck rematches with Dom and Cody, and fights with Rivera, and Moraes by calling out fighters from lower weight classes?

Tj hasn't defended his belt once and he has spent the last 7 months campaigning for a fight with smaller fighters from lower weight classes....

Who is scared?

In my opinion the UFC just needs to make the fight and if Johnson refuses then strip him of the belt. Champions should not be able to pick and choose who they fight. They are supposed to be the best in their division. So what if the challenger is dropping down in weight and its not up to the champion on weather they earned the shot or not. Just fight the fights that are made for you. It's the UFC belt not the mighty mouse belt. Just my opinion.
So make it a non-title super fight and end of story. TJ has never fought at that division and he cuts weight to fight in his own division. MM is tiny even for his division, so where the fuck is logic in that? How come nobody is giving TJ shit for not stepping up to a higher weight class instead of wanting to fight a tiny FW?

Complains about money and lack of marketability.

Refuses a fight that would gain him huge amounts of money AND notoriety.

125 pound Pu$$y.

How about we finally end the shenanigans and we finally see MM fight TJ for the 135 belt?

Or the UFC just cough up $2 million to MM like he's been asking for the entire time
Why does he gets to say who he fights and for how much? i thought the UFC were the bosses that tell him who he is gonna fight next and he already signed a contract to dictate his pay.

You'd figure he'd get bored. He's trying to market himself as the best pfp fighter with a phenomenal record but the problem is most people don't care. Yeah he's a fighter but I remember back in the day people treated LW in a similar way, the first show on the card and not that many cared about that division. As time went on it became one of the better ones. Below FW, for me, just isn't that watchable. Why the hell not fight DJ then. It's not because he's scared of him but he's scared of the potential loss. Then he's really fucked.

He could win 35 straight and people will still be yawning about the guy. He should pray people really start to hate him and he has a loudmouth rival coming up in his own division killing people. A bigger portion then might pay just to see him lose.

If I was DJ, I'd start actually trying to piss people off instead of pricing yourself out, thinking you're pfp but only a fraction give a shit. I've watched 2 MM fights the whole way through and I don't ever care to see it again unless he's getting beat.

Back