Mighty Mouse Hasn't Fought In Almost 8 Months and No One Cares

Such a shame he won't fight TJ unless he gets $50 million, 6 Rolls Royces and a private jet.

He's coming off of shoulder surgery, having another kid, and has been extremely active before now. I think the man has earned a break.

He could not fight for another 8 years and nobody would notice or give a fuck

I'm a fan of the flyweights but I don't care now just because he has run out of contenders. It's a bit like GSP and Anderson's title run for me. Didn't care for GSP/Hardy, Shields, and Diaz.
Didn't care for Anderson vs. Maia, Okami, and Weidman. I was greatly wrong about that first Weidman fight though haha.

It was worst with GSP for me just because I was always expecting his fights to go the distance. With Anderson, you at least had the chance he would get a nice finish. Also with Anderson, it was mainly that he was running out of contenders before Weidman and the Strikeforce acquisition.

I did notice recently that he hasn't fought in a while and wondered what he was up to.

But with that said, yeah, I don't think many people give a shit, and by extension that tells you they don't give a shit about the flyweight belt. They don't care who holds it or if it's defended.

Flyweight probably needs a big personality--a star like McGregor or Rousey--to get people interested in the division, if that would even work.

People don't need to wonder anything when they know he's recovering from surgery.

What's more interesting to me is the fact that no flyweight bout has been on a main card in 2018 and that the UFC only has 31 flyweights under contract.
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/5/...fc-main-card-2018-mma-news-demetrious-johnson
31 gees that's alot of dead weight there, they should trim those cans to like 20 at most, only 3 are any good anyways. Did you include their hot new signed Jose Torres after his debut he will be DJ'S next cantender.

I honestly don't get the hate for Mighty Mouse in particular and the Flyweight division in general. I find I generally enjoy their fights, you almost never see one of them gas. To each his own, I guess.

I just want to clarify with people that I'm not shitting on Mouse in any way I'm just making an accurate observation. He hasn't fought since last October, where he had a flawless performance agaisnt Ray Borg and left with no injuries. Come June it will be eight months and he still has no fight scheduled. I know the rumor was that he would be fighting Cejudo at 225 but clearly that didn't materialize. The UFC is even pushing for people like Montano to get a fight but they haven't bothered to contact Mouse. Its just funny how literally no one has wondered where he is.
You're not shitting on him in any way. He hasn't fought in months and no one cares... but for some reason you felt a need to start a thread about him and probably clicked follow so you can be alerted every single time someone writes something. I think you secretly love him.

I just want to clarify with people that I'm not shitting on Mouse in any way I'm just making an accurate observation. He hasn't fought since last October, where he had a flawless performance agaisnt Ray Borg and left with no injuries. Come June it will be eight months and he still has no fight scheduled. I know the rumor was that he would be fighting Cejudo at 225 but clearly that didn't materialize. The UFC is even pushing for people like Montano to get a fight but they haven't bothered to contact Mouse. Its just funny how literally no one has wondered where he is.

Its becuase this subject has been beaten to death on here..between him and tj..hes looking for better pay and i think he deserves it.. Hope he fights soon

giphy.gif
Just Stop!

No matter how hard you TRY Mighty Duck.

You just aren't interesting. TJ was your opportunity and GREED and FEAR caused you to shit the bed.smh

I wanna see him move up. He cleared out the division. But he doesnt care what the fans want. He can do what he likes, hes earned it.

I wanna see him move up. He cleared out the division. But he doesnt care what the fans want. He can do what he likes, hes earned it.
Hence his lack of popularity. If he didn't care what the fans thought he wouldn't have been so afraid of that shipping he thought TJ was gonna give him.lmao

i have zero desire to pay to watch him fight anymore on fox he kills it though

I wouldn't mind seeing Jussier Formiga get a shot at Mighty Mouse.

I care. I miss watching the greatest of all time. Pound for pound.

He's very talented, but he fights at 125 lbs.

There are morons on here that mention him when they discuss the greatest of all time.

The pound for pound argument is moronic. MM is talented, he's just tiny.

There are literally thousands and thousands of not a million people who could beat him in a fight.

go-away.gif

People don't need to wonder anything when they know he's recovering from surgery.

What's more interesting to me is the fact that no flyweight bout has been on a main card in 2018 and that the UFC only has 31 flyweights under contract.
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/5/...fc-main-card-2018-mma-news-demetrious-johnson

There's no reason to have a flyweight fight on the main card of a PPV.

That is prelim material, better than wmma but still worse than Freakshow fights. Let them fight on the prelim, people will say "hmm, that was different. Now, let's go on to the main event and watch the real fighters".

Flyweight has its place, just not a place where people need to pay for it.

Back