Mighty Mouse has defended his belt more than every champion combined

Wilson Reís? That BJJ world champ that MM subbed? John Dodson? The guy who KOed Dillashaw in the first round? Henry Cejudo? The Olympics gold medalist? Yeah total trash....you’re a moron.
yeah, dodson beat dillishaw when he was 8 years into his carrer and dillisahw only 1 year lmao you fucking imbecile

henry cejudo is the male sarah mcman

dj fans are the dumbest fucks on this forums

wilson reis have 0 striking, every other champs would have koed him in under 1 round

You got a point with BJ, but the rest make me lmao. GSP fought BISPING, and wanted nothing to do with the actual elite at 185 (coming from a massive GSP fan), Silva fought scrubs and favorable matchups at 205, no Jones, shogun, etc. And Jones was NEVER going up to hw. He flirted with it a couple times, and but shot it down later on in his career. Meanwhile, DJ should be expected to face the undisputed BW champ. C'mon man.

You missed the point. I didn't give GSP credit for moving up, though he did, I said people gave him shit for NOT moving up. You can discredit Silva's LHW opponents - I wasn't fond of the match ups either, but he still did AND people always gave him shit for not moving up too. Jones is tough because of the suspensions, but he flirted with the idea AND ALSO HAD PEOPLE WANT HIM TO MOVE UP.

Once you clear a division, fight fans want to see you move up. This isn't unique to DJ so there's no point in the op crying about how people treat the little guy.

Give Dillashaw the likes of Ray Borg, Chris Cariaso etc. and he can easily defend 10x a year

So with this logic I can say TJ is ducking Max?

Max is ducking Tony?

Tony is ducking Woodley

Woodley is ducking whittaker

This is stupid. Why is he held to a different standard than every other fighter?

You're not using the same logic. First and foremost, TJ was going down to fight MM, not the other way around. Two, the fight was actually in negotiations to being made and MM decided to fight Ray Borg rather than TJ Dillashaw. And that is why everyone said he's a ducker. And that can't be denied because CLEARLY took the easier fight vs Borg to get the title defense record and made up some lame excuse that TJ had to "work his way up" at FW.

Now that doesnt make im a ducker because he's fought everyone at FW, some guys even twice and good fighters too. But fact is he did duck TJ to take the easier fight.

You missed the point. I didn't give GSP credit for moving up, though he did, I said people gave him shit for NOT moving up. You can discredit Silva's LHW opponents - I wasn't fond of the match ups either, but he still did AND people always gave him shit for not moving up too. Jones is tough because of the suspensions, but he flirted with the idea AND ALSO HAD PEOPLE WANT HIM TO MOVE UP.

Once you clear a division, fight fans want to see you move up. This isn't unique to DJ so there's no point in the op crying about how people treat the little guy.
Ok, I see what you're saying now. Still though, champs should never be expected to move up. More often than not it only tarnished their legacy (GSP vacating mw belt, BJ's plethora of losses at higher weight classes, Hendrick's completely failure so far at 185)

tony is not willing to go to 145 and cant

woodley is not willing to go to 155 and cant

dillishaw is willing to go to 125

are mm fans too dense to understand that ?
I'd probably do the exact same thing if I were DJ; but he did duck Dillashaw

if i had to name just 5 of those 11 opponents to save my life i'd be fucking dead

You're not using the same logic. First and foremost, TJ was going down to fight MM, not the other way around. Two, the fight was actually in negotiations to being made and MM decided to fight Ray Borg rather than TJ Dillashaw. And that is why everyone said he's a ducker. And that can't be denied because CLEARLY took the easier fight vs Borg to get the title defense record and made up some lame excuse that TJ had to "work his way up" at FW.

Now that doesnt make im a ducker because he's fought everyone at FW, some guys even twice and good fighters too. But fact is he did duck TJ to take the easier fight.

bro, tell TJ to defend his belt once before he starts bringing up superfights. Why does he deserve a superfight?

why does TJ deserve a title shot at 125?

That's like Whittaker saying Woodley is ducking him! He can make 170

What if Woodley just said he could make 155, is Tony is ducking him?

TJ never made 125, he just said he could. By this logic, If I'm a fighter on a win streak? I call out the champ in the division under me and just say I can make the weight. TJ got more fame from calling out a fighter in a weight class beneath him than anything else he's done in his career.

Shouldn't all fighters just start doing this? calling out guys smaller than them?

Only if people gave a shit about watching those jockeys fight. In all seriousness, he is very impressive, however on the same token.. I personally don't give a shit to watch that division, I rather watch WMMA just to watch all those asses bend over.

he ducked tj

what is so hard to understand about that?

in his 11 titles defences, only one of them would manage to get a title shot at either lw or fw, benavidez, all the others are trash

matt serra would have been a long reigning champ at fly , the division is so shitty

edit: lmao at tj never defended his belt one time since he beat cody, he got the belt 2 months ago you retard

he defended it plenty of times before he got robbed by cruz

dj fans = rondas fans

retards that do not understand what level of competiton mean

defending vs bether coreier or reis is a lot easier than fighting a guy like poirier who never even had a title shot

I'm quite neutral when it comes to Mighty Mouse, not really a fan but definitely not a hater. However, you have your terminology wrong, my friend. Ducking someone means that you are ducking a legit contender that belongs to your weight class and has beaten other guys to get the title shot. TJ has never fought in that weight class, UFC tried to force MM to take that fight with their usual bullying and good for him that he didn't want that. I don't think any fighter is afraid fighting someone, otherwise they wouldn't be professional fighters to begin with. I agree he should try fighting at BW, but that doesn't mean TJ deserves a title shot in FW division, it's ridiculous. Belts have become meaningless so if the UFC wants to make super fights, they should just make them non-title catch weight fights instead of giving title shots left and right to everyone.

So are you saying that a new champ who has only been able to defend his/her belt once or twice is a ducker, because they haven't fought 10 times in 1 year? Nice logic. MM is an awesome champ and a terrific fighter, but at the same time he's fighting in a thin division where guys like Cariaso, Horiguchi, Elliot, Borg and Reis earn title shots. Sure, these guys are ranked (perhaps not Cariaso) but if you could add 10 pounds and some size/height to each of them they wouldn't be close to being top 10 fighers at BW. Even if you're fighting relativelt mediocre competition, it's impressive to continuously come out on top and especially when you dominate your opponents like MM does. However, Miocic fighting Ngannou is a way bigger risk than MM fighting anyone in the top 2-10 in the FlW division.

It's pretty funny seeing these high standards people are placing on MM but they are okay with Mcgregor and Bisping ducking.

MM duty is to defend against contenders as champion and he has done that. I don't blame people for wanting to see this fight but MM doesn't want it. It takes two to agree to a fight. We have had past champions who decided against super fights because it wasn't beneficial enough towards their career and this is the case with MM. MM has so much more to lose and very little to gain from his fight with TJ. If MM beats TJ, what will he gain? Will he get another belt? Nope. Will he get big money for this fight? Nope. Will he get many more fans for his future fights? Nope. Will he stand to gain reputation? Yeah he will but that doesn't mean chit.

hes also annoying as fuck personality wise. can i add that

bro, tell TJ to defend his belt once before he starts bringing up superfights. Why does he deserve a superfight?

why does TJ deserve a title shot at 125?

That's like Whittaker saying Woodley is ducking him! He can make 170

What if Woodley just said he could make 155, is Tony is ducking him?

TJ never made 125, he just said he could. By this logic, If I'm a fighter on a win streak? I call out the champ in the division under me and just say I can make the weight. TJ got more fame from calling out a fighter in a weight class beneath him than anything else he's done in his career.

Shouldn't all fighters just start doing this? calling out guys smaller than them?

Well for one at the time of negotiation TJ wasn't a champ, so there is no need to discuss him defending the belt. No need involving Woodley, Whitaker. and Tony and other fighters because they have nothing to do with this. They werent offered fights at lower classes and TJ was. Were going by facts and the fighters that were involved. And yes if that happened and Woodley was offered Ferguson and said he could make the weight but Ferguson turned it down then its a duck. But again those guys are irrelevant cause they were offered fights, TJ was.

Its plain and simple and no need to beat around the bush man. TJ was offered the fight, MM turned it down for a easier fight. He ducked him plain and simple cause he wanted that record.

Apart from Armbar finishes in the final minutes of 2 fights, please tell me what MM title fights have been entertaining or memorable? I'll wait.

Ben Askren has title defenses too.
We can play this game with a lot of fighters.

Back