Mighty Mouse and TJ Will fight and It will be close

It also seems like Mighty mouse wanted a better contract / money for taking the fight.

So It's really a matter of what you believe. To meet It seems far more likely that the UFC is trying to pay the bare minimum as historically we've seen them do, especially since the integration of WME into the fold

At the end of the day, It is all about money. I'm an advocate for fighters campaigning for every cent of their worth, regardless of who they are.

The reality Is, the UFC has underpaid athletes to an almost criminal level for a long long time.

Who are we really to believe is at fault here?

think about it
While the ufc definitely lowballs everything there's "a fighter's worth" and there's fair market value, DJ will never get what he thinks he's worth to fight TJ compared to what he's worth vs Borg for happily. DJ demanding 2 million guaranteed to have a competitive fight, which is more than DC AND STIPE combined for 226 therefore dj isn't worth that and never will never be close to that if all he wants is Borg. Paying a non-profitable guy like DJ for crushing powder puff oponents that much for a real option basically means half on the roster should be getting a million dollars per fight.
Why fans can defend this blatantly fight avoiding I'll never know.

No such things as low ball paycheck when you are a champ fighting guys who make weight in your division.

That is exactly what the contract is for and if you simply allow champs to say 'ow, that is a tough fight. I need way more money or i'll refuse and fight the easier guys who make weight in my division' that is dumb.

Lets then just stipulate that Champs contracts are only for the weakest guys he feels he wants to fight and everyone else who might make weight who is a threat will be negotiated individually.

this isn't the number 1 contender in his division. It's a guy outside his weight class. DJ said he'd fight TJ if he won a fight at 125 first. So no, it does not extend to champs avoiding tough fights against fighters who routinely fight in their division and deserve the shot.

this isn't the number 1 contender in his division. It's a guy outside his weight class. DJ said he'd fight TJ if he won a fight at 125 first. So no, it does not extend to champs avoiding tough fights against fighters who routinely fight in their division and deserve the shot.
That has never been a condition for the UFC. All sorts of guys not fighting in a division have moved divisions and got an instant title shot when the UFC put them forward as the next contender in the division for a shot. Champs can complain about a guy getting a short cut to a title shot, as BJ, Couture, Conor, GSP, Belfort, Sonnen, Edgar and so many more have but what they should not do is refuse to defend their belt if the guy is willing to make weight in his division and fight him.

While the ufc definitely lowballs everything there's "a fighter's worth" and there's fair market value, DJ will never get what he thinks he's worth to fight TJ compared to what he's worth vs Borg for happily. DJ demanding 2 million guaranteed to have a competitive fight, which is more than DC AND STIPE combined for 226 therefore dj isn't worth that and never will never be close to that if all he wants is Borg. Paying a non-profitable guy like DJ for crushing powder puff oponents that much for a real option basically means half on the roster should be getting a million dollars per fight.
Why fans can defend this blatantly fight avoiding I'll never know.
Good job comparing Cormier/Stipe's base pay with Johnson's total requested purse <Lmaoo>.

That has never been a condition for the UFC. All sorts of guys not fighting in a division have moved divisions and got an instant title shot when the UFC put them forward as the next contender in the division for a shot. Champs can complain about a guy getting a short cut to a title shot, as BJ, Couture, Conor, GSP, Belfort, Sonnen, Edgar and so many more have but what they should not do is refuse to defend their belt if the guy is willing to make weight in his division and fight him.

1) that's your opinion.

2) Even if I agreed with your opinion, that's a different statement than your previous one. It simply is not the same thing as refusing to fight any tough fight in your division unless you get paid more (a much larger proportion of title challengers actively fight in the division they challenge for a title in). It's actually more similar to a champ refusing to fight a fan favourite in their divsion in favour of fighting the actual number 1 contender imo.

3) I can think of 4 other times it's happened: gsp, cormier, conor and edgar. In all those cases both parties were happy with the terms of the fight and wanted the fight itself. Mighty mouse is clearly not happy with the terms of the fight.

4) TJ is not a flyweight until he has a fight at 125. Therefore, DJ is under no obligation to fight him.

Mighty mouse Is no joke..dude outstruck Prime Cruz on the feet while only training part time.

He aint ducking. Dude just wants to be paid and the UFC is being the UFC..trying to pay the bare minimum.

They will fight though and it will be a war. Silly to sleep on Mighty mouse

Wow, I need to go back and watch that fight. What a technical match.

I’m sure that if both win at UFC 227, that fight will be next.

1) that's your opinion.

2) Even if I agreed with your opinion, that's a different statement than your previous one. It simply is not the same thing as refusing to fight any tough fight in your division unless you get paid more (a much larger proportion of title challengers actively fight in the division they challenge for a title in). It's actually more similar to a champ refusing to fight a fan favourite in their divsion in favour of fighting the actual number 1 contender imo.

3) I can think of 4 other times it's happened: gsp, cormier, conor and edgar. In all those cases both parties were happy with the terms of the fight and wanted the fight itself. Mighty mouse is clearly not happy with the terms of the fight.

4) TJ is not a flyweight until he has a fight at 125. Therefore, DJ is under no obligation to fight him.
1) NO its a fact that has never been a condition for the UFC. Again I can name all sorts of fighters who have fought up or down a division and got instant title shots. They are real people. Factually real people.

2) You don't have to agree. You can be wrong. And my statement stands. You can try and subdivide things all you want to try and say its different but its not. If the UFC offers a champ a fight in his division the champ should take it.

3) Jones did not want Sonnen of Belfort but when it was put in front of him the proper way and not short notice he took as he should have. That is what champs do. Defend against all comers who the UFC puts in front of them in their division even if neither Sonnen or Vitor were fighting at LHW and had fought any contenders prior.

4) DJ should be obligated to fight anyone who makes weight at FLW and the UFC puts in front of him for THAT fight. YOu do not need a history in a division to fight there as my prior factually examples prove. You just need to make weight that first time.

1) NO its a fact that has never been a condition for the UFC. Again I can name all sorts of fighters who have fought up or down a division and got instant title shots. They are real people. Factually real people.

2) You don't have to agree. You can be wrong. And my statement stands. You can try and subdivide things all you want to try and say its different but its not. If the UFC offers a champ a fight in his division the champ should take it.

3) Jones did not want Sonnen of Belfort but when it was put in front of him the proper way and not short notice he took as he should have. That is what champs do. Defend against all comers who the UFC puts in front of them in their division even if neither Sonnen or Vitor were fighting at LHW and had fought any contenders prior.

4) DJ should be obligated to fight anyone who makes weight at FLW and the UFC puts in front of him for THAT fight. YOu do not need a history in a division to fight there as my prior factually examples prove. You just need to make weight that first time.

1) When I said "that is your opinion" I was referring to your assertion that a champion should fight anyone the ufc tells them to in their division. We don't even know if tj can make flyweight.

2) we're now talking about something different than what I initially commented on. You were saying that, by this logic, a champion can refuse any fight they feel is too dangerous to take without getting paid more. I pointed out the difference between refusing to fight someone (presumably the number one contender) in your weight class and refusing to fight someone who wants to try their hand at your weight class. We can disagree about whether DJ should fight TJ. I shouldn't have gotten side-tracked with this other disagreement.

1) When I said "that is your opinion" I was referring to your assertion that a champion should fight anyone the ufc tells them to in their division.
Ah yes, so back to my prior point then. That would create a terrible president as fighters could then say no to any tough looking contender by saying I won't fight him unless I get paid X and simply ignoring their champions contract is to fight all comers in their division.

We don't even know if tj can make flyweight.
This silly point again? We do not have to know in advance. This is a made up and silly dodge requirement you guys keep trying to put in that exists NO WHERE. All sorts of fighters move up and down divisions and take fights and no one knows in advance if they can make heck. Heck you do not know definitively that a guy in your weight class won't miss weight as some do so stop trying to use a BS criteria to dodge.

2) we're now talking about something different than what I initially commented on. You were saying that, by this logic, a champion can refuse any fight they feel is too dangerous to take without getting paid more. I pointed out the difference between refusing to fight someone (presumably the number one contender) in your weight class and refusing to fight someone who wants to try their hand at your weight class. We can disagree about whether DJ should fight TJ. I shouldn't have gotten side-tracked with this other disagreement.
I see no difference. We have seen lots of guys, Champions and other move up and down weight classes and make weight for their first fight Championship or not. You are trying to make a very narrow specific protected class for MM which is silly.

Ah yes, so back to my prior point then. That would create a terrible president as fighters could then say no to any tough looking contender by saying I won't fight him unless I get paid X and simply ignoring their champions contract is to fight all comers in their division.

This silly point again? We do not have to know in advance. This is a made up and silly dodge requirement you guys keep trying to put in that exists NO WHERE. All sorts of fighters move up and down divisions and take fights and no one knows in advance if they can make heck. Heck you do not know definitively that a guy in your weight class won't miss weight as some do so stop trying to use a BS criteria to dodge.

I see no difference. We have seen lots of guys, Champions and other move up and down weight classes and make weight for their first fight Championship or not. You are trying to make a very narrow specific protected class for MM which is silly.
Calm down or your fingers will cramp

Back