Mighty Mouse and TJ Will fight and It will be close

agreed. An my point is it would be wrong if we accept a new standard by which under contract Champs COULD refuse a fight with a put forward contender based on saying "that guy is a tough fight, I want more money or give me someone weaker'. Champs should not be able to turn down guys who make the weight in their division if the UFc puts them forward. I am arguing against guys who are saying that is fine like him wanting more money for tough fights is acceptable.
This is exactly what I've been saying. Very well put. It's one thing to ask for more money period. But to ask for that for fighting specific people, for whatever reason, is blatant ducking.

I agree with you that champs should fight all contenders if they can make weight but sadly the UFC put themselves in this spot with the way they let Conor run amuck with the belts. I can kind of understand why MM would want more money for this fight because to my knowledge TJ has never fought at 125 so he's not sure if he can make the weight or if the cut will be bad. Also what happens if TJ wins and decides he feels better at 135 and leaves? 125 is not popular and losing to there "biggest" star could be reason to scrap the whole division.
Ya we don't really disagree.

And Conor did it to two divisions and they survived.

It makes no sense for a Champ with a contract to be able to say no to a fight in his division simply because he wants more money. That is unprecedented.

What is your contract for other than for defenses or fights in your own division.

If the UFC was asking him to take a short notice fight, or move up to CW, or something non standard then absolutely say 'no' or 'I need more money'. But if Champs in the future can look at any potential contender offered to them in their OWN division and say either 'that guy looks dangerous' OR 'this will be a big fight', and refuse if not given more money that is just crazy. They can duck every dangerous opponent by just saying they need an amount of money more than they know the UFC will pay or just demand only the weak opponents at their contract rate.

Again someone explain what the contract is for please if we are going to accept this?
Conor Conor demaded more money after each win...

I kinda wonder if MM is pissing off fans intentionally at this point.

I have seen Sherdog talk more and more about him in the last year or so than ever before.

He is getting talked about on here so usually that's the first step before the casuals start talking about him.

No such things as low ball paycheck when you are a champ fighting guys who make weight in your division.

That is exactly what the contract is for and if you simply allow champs to say 'ow, that is a tough fight. I need way more money or i'll refuse and fight the easier guys who make weight in my division' that is dumb.

Lets then just stipulate that Champs contracts are only for the weakest guys he feels he wants to fight and everyone else who might make weight who is a threat will be negotiated individually.
Except his contract is for fighters in his division, not champions in the weight class above his own, and Dillashaw has yet to actually prove he can make the weight (he quietly stopped his test cut) so your rationale is most certainly flawed. Dillashaw never wrestled at 125 lbs when he was a teenager in college, and we're somehow suppose to believe he can make that weight in his early thirties? <Lmaoo>

Except his contract is for fighters in his division,
Agreed. And anyone who makes weight in his division is a fighter in his division. That is how it works.

not champions in the weight class above his own
There is no such specificity in contracts that only guys who are no good or average or contenders can more up or down a weight class and contend. anybody can make weight in another weight class and content as long as they are willing to make the weight. ANYBODY

and Dillashaw has yet to actually prove he can make the weight (he quietly stopped his test cut) so your rationale is most certainly flawed. Dillashaw never wrestled at 125 lbs when he was a teenager in college, and we're somehow suppose to believe he can make that weight in his early thirties? <Lmaoo>
Not this stupid shit again

<Huh2>

In the history of our sport I do not know any instance where when a fighter decided to change weight classes he had to PROVE before he got the fight that he could make weight in that different weight class.

If you are going to keep offering up that specious criteria at least provide some examples as we have had hundreds and hundreds of guys change weight classes either up or down and i am not aware of any of them being told they had to PROVE they could make the weight before the fight was scheduled.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And anyone who makes weight in his division is a fighter in his division. That is how it works.

There is no such specificity in contracts that only guys who are no good or average or contenders can more up or down a weight class and contend. anybody can make weight in another weight class and content as long as they are willing to make the weight. ANYBODY

Not this stupid shit again

<Huh2>

In the history of our sport I do not know any instance where when a fighter decided to change weight classes he had to PROVE before he got the fight that he could make weight in that different weight class.

If you are going to keep offering up that specious criteria at least provide some examples as we have had hundreds and hundreds of guys change weight classes either up or down and i am not aware of any of them being told they had to PROVE they could make the weight before the fight was scheduled.
The only person in the history of the UFC, who received an immediate title shot after moving down a weight class was Frankie Edgar, and that's only because it was well known that Edgar didn't cut weight at Lightweight and Aldo didn't have anyone to fight against. Anyone who has ever moved down a weight class had to always first prove they could make weight before receiving a title shot; and that's the operative word: "title shot". You're talking like this is a non-title bout.

Dillashaw hasn't proven he can make the weight even in a test-cut, and what do you think would happen if the UFC signed this fight and Dillashaw missed weight? All the time and money invested in promoting the "super fight" would be wasted, because Johnson would not accept a catchweight fight (and rightly so).

Probly have to chase mighty mouse down and throw him in the cage to fight TJ but hes goat right lol

Champs should not be able to turn down guys who make the weight in their division if the UFc puts them forward.

You keep saying that but have provided zero evidence of TJ making 125.

DJ isn't turning down someone making weight in his division. He's turning down someone who has never made weight in his division.

I think people are sleeping on MM because he seems to want nothing to do with this fight. Not wanting to move up is one thing, but refusing to fight TJ when TJ is willing to move down is another.
He just wants to get paid. The UFC doesn't really throw him any bones with promotion and generating hype for his fights, so he barely gets paid (compared to other champs). The guy has the record for most title defenses and makes the least money among male champions. Maybe he's got a reason not to throw the UFC a bone if they won't throw him one.

Plus, I'm not sure I believe TJ can hit 125. He looks pretty drained at 135. It's possible but seems like he should make that weight once before demanding a title fight.

Mighty mouse Is no joke..dude outstruck Prime Cruz on the feet while only training part time.

He aint ducking. Dude just wants to be paid and the UFC is being the UFC..trying to pay the bare minimum.

They will fight though and it will be a war. Silly to sleep on Mighty mouse

i didn't see where I was like wow he out struck him.. I seen a lot of wild punches in bunches.

and I seen Cruz having a hard time adjusting to a guy 2 foot shorter than him. When he'd go for a throw M&M head was where Cruz shoulder so M&M would slip it.

that's it.

There are countless contracts that were renewed based on the magnitude of the fight In question.

A lot of fighters end up with bum contracts It seems or contracts that are far less than Ideal over time due to their evolving situation.

It's definitely not as simple as "you signed the contract, live with It" Especially In this case, where It would essentially be a champ vs champ fight.

At the end of the day, money and business Is half the battle and often It has nothing to do with ducking.

Any time someone wants a pay upgrade, contract negotiation, to be paid their worth or whatever..people these days are too happy to scream duck, which is quite far from the truth.

some times to make money you gotta prove your worth. He dominates a division no one watches. Impressive. How much is that guy worth?

I'n prospective let me put my company in red every time this guy fights. That's business savy.

oh wait he wants more money this fight could make it. He wants 2 million. He don't sale.. Hmmm Yeah nooo. You priced yourself out a job.

The reality Is, the UFC has underpaid athletes to an almost criminal level for a long long time.

Yes but MM is definitely NOT one of them. He wouldnt even make a 10th of what he earns now outside the UFC. That describes pretty good how well he does.

If they both win their upcoming fights TJ will probably call him out. Hope the UFC can finally put this one together.

TJ says that he's done calling him out on on the mma hour

He said he doesn't want to bully someone who doesnt want to fight

The only person in the history of the UFC, who received an immediate title shot after moving down a weight class was Frankie Edgar, and that's only because it was well known that Edgar didn't cut weight at Lightweight and Aldo didn't have anyone to fight against. Anyone who has ever moved down a weight class had to always first prove they could make weight before receiving a title shot; and that's the operative word: "title shot". You're talking like this is a non-title bout.

Dillashaw hasn't proven he can make the weight even in a test-cut, and what do you think would happen if the UFC signed this fight and Dillashaw missed weight? All the time and money invested in promoting the "super fight" would be wasted, because Johnson would not accept a catchweight fight (and rightly so).
lol. So now as long as you and others THINK 'this guy can make weight easily because he looks small' then its ok. But if you (and how many beside you?) think this guy might have a tough cut, then he should be required to prove himself in the division prior. lol.

if you do not understand how arbitrary and dumb that is then I don't know. We have had guys who are big and small within divisions miss weight. It is more about the fighters disciplines than the eye test.

And who are these guys you mention,a s if so many of them, who wanted an immediate title shot at the division below and who the UFC wanted to have one, but they were forced to prove first they could make weight in the division?

Back