Mighty Mouse and TJ Will fight and It will be close

I think people are sleeping on MM because he seems to want nothing to do with this fight. Not wanting to move up is one thing, but refusing to fight TJ when TJ is willing to move down is another.
I don't even think we are sleeping on him, rather just baffled that he has talent oozing out of his eyeballs, may be the most dominant fighter for a weight division ever and is ducking a fighter that wants to fight him in that very weightclass. It's like DJ only wants to fight guys that he already beat or will be a -1000 favorite over. It's just a terrible look, especially with them fighting on the same card now.

Same night, same arena, same cage, only one hour apart.

So close indeed!

Definitely possible that Cody could beat him in the rematch, that would definitely fuck everything up. He's young. Who knows though, at this point I think TJ is the superior fighter.
That fight is a toss up. After the first round, it seemed like CoGar was just flatly a better fighter. Then, he started clowning, got caught and went night night. TJ may be 'more well rounded' but I don't think we can extrapolate much from the first fight. I can very easily see CoGar going out there and just straight bossing' on him this time, like round one but extended: he is way quicker, better in the pocket and will very unlikely get caught with a head kick again.

One thing is for sure: this is as high level as MMA gets right here. I actually think CoGar gives Mouse more problems TBH.

Same night, same arena, same cage, only one hour apart.

So close indeed!
Would be the funniest thing ever if the UFC played a joke on Mouse and had TJ waiting in the cage for him instead of Cejudo.

Mouse then be like:

ToxP.gif

I don't even think we are sleeping on him, rather just baffled that he has talent oozing out of his eyeballs, may be the most dominant fighter for a weight division ever and is ducking a fighter that wants to fight him in that very weightclass. It's like DJ only wants to fight guys that he already beat or will be a -1000 favorite over. It's just a terrible look, especially with them fighting on the same card now.
I think it's a tough fight for him to take because it's a career changer. If he wins, then he makes a bigger name for himself and has a possibility of becoming a PPV draw. If he loses... than that's it. If he isn't a big name right now, with all he has accomplished, a loss to TJ is the end of any possibility of becoming a draw. He, and his whole division, would basically become obsolete if TJ came down and beat him. I really want to see the TJ/MM fight happen, I think it would be an incredible fight. But I think MM is risking everything if he takes that fight, so I get why he wouldn't want to take it.

I also get why fans are pissed at him for not taking it, because he really has nobody left to fight in his division.

I don't think there has ever been a champion that was in such a shitty predicament as he is.

It ain't easy being little.

I think people are sleeping on MM because he seems to want nothing to do with this fight. Not wanting to move up is one thing, but refusing to fight TJ when TJ is willing to move down is another.
Johnson is refusing the lowball paycheck from the UFC, which is a completely different narrative than Johnson refusing to fight Dillashaw.

There are countless contracts that were renewed based on the magnitude of the fight In question.

A lot of fighters end up with bum contracts It seems or contracts that are far less than Ideal over time due to their evolving situation.

It's definitely not as simple as "you signed the contract, live with It" Especially In this case, where It would essentially be a champ vs champ fight.

At the end of the day, money and business Is half the battle and often It has nothing to do with ducking.

Any time someone wants a pay upgrade, contract negotiation, to be paid their worth or whatever..people these days are too happy to scream duck, which is quite far from the truth.
Stop saying that if you are not going to name them and provide the exact circumstance.

So lets get this right. If you have a champ with an existing contract to do X fights against contenders but he sees one contender as dangerous you support them saying they will only fight the weaker guys in the division unless they get paid more?

Champ sees a tough contender, say no and just say it was because you put out whatever number you know they will not pay.

So again I ask you what you think the contract is actually for? ONly for easy gimme fights against weak contenders?

Johnson is refusing the lowball paycheck from the UFC, which is a completely different narrative than Johnson refusing to fight Dillashaw.
No such things as low ball paycheck when you are a champ fighting guys who make weight in your division.

That is exactly what the contract is for and if you simply allow champs to say 'ow, that is a tough fight. I need way more money or i'll refuse and fight the easier guys who make weight in my division' that is dumb.

Lets then just stipulate that Champs contracts are only for the weakest guys he feels he wants to fight and everyone else who might make weight who is a threat will be negotiated individually.

Stop saying that if you are not going to name them and provide the exact circumstance.

So lets get this right. If you have a champ with an existing contract to do X fights against contenders but he sees one contender as dangerous you support them saying they will only fight the weaker guys in the division unless they get paid more?

Champ sees a tough contender, say no and just say it was because you put out whatever number you know they will not pay.

So again I ask you what you think the contract is actually for? ONly for easy gimme fights against weak contenders?

Didn't Bisping do the same thing?

It makes no sense for a Champ with a contract to be able to say no to a fight in his division simply because he wants more money. That is unprecedented.

This is very common in every sport, athletes are always seeking ways to augment their contract when they know they are exceeding the the value of their contract. Conor has done it with nearly all of his last 4 fights demanding more money with each fight and was only "allowed" to have the Mayweather fight after threatening to retire and giving UFC a good percentage of the revenue.

Stipe just did the same thing before his last fight.
Brandon Vera is more well known for demanding a new contract before getting his title shot, than for any of his actual fighting exploits.

This happens in the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB not to mention the various football clubs and their top players.

You're just creating some fantasy situations that aren't based In reality.

You'd rather believe that all fighters are ducking as opposed to the most logical / obvious conclusions

At the end of the day, It all comes down to money.

Contract or not, It is always subject to change depending on the situation.

The real blame here lies with the UFC, what the fighters are asking In most cases Is not unreasonable.

I feel like on skills they are pretty evenly matched but TJ will now have the mental edge over him.

You're just creating some fantasy situations that aren't based In reality.

You'd rather believe that all fighters are ducking as opposed to the most logical / obvious conclusions

At the end of the day, It all comes down to money.

Contract or not, It is always subject to change depending on the situation.

The real blame here lies with the UFC, what the fighters are asking In most cases Is not unreasonable.
Sorry dude but that is you. If you actually believed your position you would provide examples instead of saying 'it happens all the time but I won't name them.'

Clearly you know you are wrong. And in my positing history i am almost always opposing all the ducking accuastations.

Again this is a very unique situation as I am not familiar with any Champ where when offered a contender who is making weight in his division could refuse the fight. The prior examples were always short notice fights or request to fight outside the division and I fully support the Champ saying no to that unless his price is met.

To have Champs, as you suggest be able to see a contender looks tough and therefore to say NO, but I will fight that weaker guy is just crazy. Every champ can avoid his toughest comp by just saying I want 10X my contract or else give me someone else weaker.

Didn't Bisping do the same thing?
Not sure what you are asking?

Are you saying the UFC offered a MW contender and Bisping said 'i won't fight him for my contract rate and will only fight him for 10X my contract rate, or find me someone else?'

Not sure what you are asking?

Are you saying the UFC offered a MW contender and Bisping said 'i won't fight him for my contract rate and will only fight him for 10X my contract rate, or find me someone else?'

Bisping would only fight GSP and refuse to fight any middle weight contenders.

Bisping would only fight GSP and refuse to fight any middle weight contenders.
Bisping had his preferred fights. Many champs do. That is not the issue. At the end of the day the UFC HAS TO DECIDE who to offer and put on paper. That is what matters. Woodley has called out all sorts of fighters while bitching but has always taken the fight the UFC ultimately put in front of him.

Do you know that the UFC put any contract beside GSP in front of him? As I would think that is the fight (big money) that the UFc would want too.

Bisping had his preferred fights. Many champs do. That is not the issue. At the end of the day the UFC HAS TO DECIDE who to offer and put on paper. That is what matters. Woodley has called out all sorts of fighters while bitching but has always taken the fight the UFC ultimately put in front of him.

Do you know that the UFC put any contract beside GSP in front of him? As I would think that is the fight (big money) that the UFc would want too.

I don't know if any contract was put in front of Bisping but I also don't know if MM had a contract put in front of him ether.

I don't know if any contract was put in front of Bisping but I also don't know if MM had a contract put in front of him ether.
agreed. An my point is it would be wrong if we accept a new standard by which under contract Champs COULD refuse a fight with a put forward contender based on saying "that guy is a tough fight, I want more money or give me someone weaker'. Champs should not be able to turn down guys who make the weight in their division if the UFc puts them forward. I am arguing against guys who are saying that is fine like him wanting more money for tough fights is acceptable.

He wants millions... and I think it is worth it for this Super-Fight!!!

agreed. An my point is it would be wrong if we accept a new standard by which under contract Champs COULD refuse a fight with a put forward contender based on saying "that guy is a tough fight, I want more money or give me someone weaker'. Champs should not be able to turn down guys who make the weight in their division if the UFc puts them forward. I am arguing against guys who are saying that is fine like him wanting more money for tough fights is acceptable.

I agree with you that champs should fight all contenders if they can make weight but sadly the UFC put themselves in this spot with the way they let Conor run amuck with the belts. I can kind of understand why MM would want more money for this fight because to my knowledge TJ has never fought at 125 so he's not sure if he can make the weight or if the cut will be bad. Also what happens if TJ wins and decides he feels better at 135 and leaves? 125 is not popular and losing to there "biggest" star could be reason to scrap the whole division.

Back