Mighty Duck Johnson Dodges the Bullet that is TJ Dillashaw

4 weeks notice. And he already KO'd Cody in the 2nd round.

I'm sure TJ will rematch Cody eventually. DJ is flat out refusing to fight TJ.
yeah I know I was just trying to make a point not matter how empty it was. I really hope the fight does happen and I'm sure DJ will agree to it if the pay him a decent amout. It's just annoying you have fighters like GSP & Anderson being champions forever and other fans wanting them to fight each other there was no push for GSP to fight Anderson or Anderson to fight Jon Jones. The fans/haters though get their panties in a bunch over DJ fighting other 125ers instead of fighting a BW whose never made that weight or had a fight in that weightclass. Or why T.J. is deadset on fighting DJ I'd rather him try to get a rematch with Cruz but that's me.

Yes your on the UFC side. Are you being paid by them? They are laughing on what they pay people, your going to defend them? What about the fighters that are underpaid like 10k to show?

You do know UFC SOLD FOR billions but they can’t give DJ a fuckin bone?

I’m on the side of the fighters.

WHAT they ripped off from people over the countless years they can pay DJ A little extra.

Life isn't fair, buddy. Your company wont pay you a $1million out of charity. You have to be worth it.

Has nothing to do with being against the fighters - it's called being logical and reasonable. No one is forcing the fighters to fight for that money - that is their choice. This is the profession and business they chose.

Last edited:
I must apologise.
I mixed you with TS.

While I do disagree with you (that he will "demand his way into Bellator"), I find it peculiar you would think this... especially if you follow him and watch his fights.

If you do like him, you know his value. And while UFC can be a lot of things, they are not blind.

They will never let him go (as long as he keeps winning).

heck, most top fighters have money disputes with the UFC. DJ is not any different.
And he does have the record of title defenses and he is (by their own account) the P4P #1 fighter.

so I don't think they would let a guy like him go...

I am not the common fan. Casuals don't care about him, and they drive the money in the sport.

I don't say he might end up in Bellator because he is a second rate fighter - but because he might negotiate himself out of the UFC if he keeps being unrealistic.

I am not the common fan. Casuals don't care about him, and they drive the money in the sport.

I don't say he might end up in Bellator because he is a second rate fighter - but because he might negotiate himself out of the UFC if he keeps being unrealistic.
Why unrealistic?
Anderson SIlva demanded money
GSP
Jon Jones
Conor.

And say what you want, DJ is a top fighter as well. Might not be in popularity (though I do think he is a lot more popular than the haters in Sherdog makes you believe), but they know (and market him as such) he is the current P4P #1 fighter in the world, and for as long as it stands, they will try to keep him in.
Heck, they are paying Cyborg more than any other female fighter and they don't even have a division for her!!! (and it's not like they love her!).

So no, I disagree there's any chance he will be booted out to Bellator.
The only way I see him there is if he gets fed up with the UFC's antics and goes to Bellator For the money & respect.

Why unrealistic?
Anderson SIlva demanded money
GSP
Jon Jones
Conor.

And say what you want, DJ is a top fighter as well. Might not be in popularity (though I do think he is a lot more popular than the haters in Sherdog makes you believe), but they know (and market him as such) he is the current P4P #1 fighter in the world, and for as long as it stands, they will try to keep him in.
Heck, they are paying Cyborg more than any other female fighter and they don't even have a division for her!!! (and it's not like they love her!).

So no, I disagree there's any chance he will be booted out to Bellator.
The only way I see him there is if he gets fed up with the UFC's antics and goes to Bellator For the money & respect.

All of those guys sell PPVs.

yeah I know I was just trying to make a point not matter how empty it was. I really hope the fight does happen and I'm sure DJ will agree to it if the pay him a decent amout. It's just annoying you have fighters like GSP & Anderson being champions forever and other fans wanting them to fight each other there was no push for GSP to fight Anderson or Anderson to fight Jon Jones. The fans/haters though get their panties in a bunch over DJ fighting other 125ers instead of fighting a BW whose never made that weight or had a fight in that weightclass. Or why T.J. is deadset on fighting DJ I'd rather him try to get a rematch with Cruz but that's me.

TJ asked for the Cruz rematch while Cruz was champion and Cruz ducked him twice.

Now Cruz can wait too. Let him fight some contenders and work hsi way back up, like TJ fought 2 #1 contenders in a row while Cruz was fighting Faber and Cody who was then ranked #8.

Yes your on the UFC side. Are you being paid by them? They are laughing on what they pay people, your going to defend them? What about the fighters that are underpaid like 10k to show?

You do know UFC SOLD FOR billions but they can’t give DJ a fuckin bone?

I’m on the side of the fighters.

WHAT they ripped off from people over the countless years they can pay DJ A little extra.
Life isn't fair, buddy. Your company wont pay you a $1million out of charity. You have to be worth it.

Has nothing to do with being against the fighters - it's called being logical and reasonable. No one is forcing the fighters to fight for that money - that is their choice. This is the profession and business they chose.

If there was a massive fans backlash they would pay more. It’s people like you that accept the bully and keep other voices down. Let’s all just accept our fates and do nothing about.

TJ asked for the Cruz rematch while Cruz was champion and Cruz ducked him twice.

Now Cruz can wait too. Let him fight some contenders and work hsi way back up, like TJ fought 2 #1 contenders in a row while Cruz was fighting Faber and Cody who was then ranked #8.
That's WME for you they like putting "money" fights over legit ones this fight does nothing for TJ he's chasing a smaller man for a money fight. Yeah it's fucked they made Faber vs Cruz 3 but that fight was suppose to happen along time before it did so might as well get it out of the way. As for Cruz vs Cody that was just stupid there was no reason that low ranked of a fighter should've talked his way into a titleshot. After TJ beat Assuncao that shot should've been his but of course talking shit on social media gets you a titleshot easier.

Cyborg as well?
She sells as much as DJ.

And DJ (at least) has a division.
Cyborg is alone at 145 and yet they agreed to pay her...

I actually agree about cyborg. She doesnt sell PPV like Ronda - and maybe they were banking on her to do better. Doesnt seem like a good business move either.

I actually agree about cyborg. She doesnt sell PPV like Ronda - and maybe they were banking on her to do better. Doesnt seem like a good business move either.
I think the new owners are clueless.
But they do know they have the best of their division in DJ & Cris. So they want to keep them, despite them not being a draw.
After all, if they let the best of any division go, they won't be the best promotion around...

I think the new owners are clueless.
But they do know they have the best of their division in DJ & Cris. So they want to keep them, despite them not being a draw.
After all, if they let the best of any division go, they won't be the best promotion around...

I think that is why they talked about selling off MM's division. Makes more sense than just letting the champ walk.

I think that is why they talked about selling off MM's division. Makes more sense than just letting the champ walk.
I don't know. I thought it was just a bluff.
They wouldn't let MM go; they would probably have him move up (as they wanted all along).
If he can hack it there, they win. If he cannot, then they could let him go.

I don't know. I thought it was just a bluff.
They wouldn't let MM go; they would probably have him move up (as they wanted all along).
If he can hack it there, they win. If he cannot, then they could let him go.

Yeah, I agree. But whether MM is willing to move up for good is a different story.

Yeah, I agree. But whether MM is willing to move up for good is a different story.
I don't know if legally he could leave, unless he fights out his contract somehow.
Look at Cyborg before they built a division for her, she was still locked in a contract with the UFC.

Maybe he could fight a legal battle and leave, but UFC would drag it like they did with Randy, and as such, I think he would be forced to move up.

That's WME for you they like putting "money" fights over legit ones this fight does nothing for TJ he's chasing a smaller man for a money fight. Yeah it's fucked they made Faber vs Cruz 3 but that fight was suppose to happen along time before it did so might as well get it out of the way. As for Cruz vs Cody that was just stupid there was no reason that low ranked of a fighter should've talked his way into a titleshot. After TJ beat Assuncao that shot should've been his but of course talking shit on social media gets you a titleshot easier.

TJ vs DJ is a much more legit fight than both Cruz vs Faber and Cruz vs Garbrandt.

So if Cruz is allowed to get 2 easy money fights like that, then people really shouldn't have a problem with TJ fighting in a LEGIT super fight vs DJ.

Especially because there are no clear cut title shot contenders at 135 right now. Cruz was taking easy money fights after barely beating TJ.

Back