Miesha Tate move to ONE Cham partly because she doesn’t ‘identify’ with the ‘sh*t show’ of the UFC

She might have made some valid points, but the UFC did wonders to her career and finance, she could simply make the move to ONE without shitting on the UFC.

Last edited:
There's a reason why stuff like that gets over like rover here, and it's because controversy creates cash in America. It pulls in casuals, and converts their interest to PPV revenue.

If she's looking for respectful martial arts, then Asia was the perfect place to go, and I hope ONE can be the long-term alternative the MMA industry needs.

She might have made some valid points, but the UFC did wonders to her career and finance, she could simply make the move to ONE without shitting on the UFC.

Actually, she made it DESPITE the UFC.
UFC didn't even want to give her platform.
Miesha said that she'll retire if she doesn't get title shot, and Dana's reaction was: "OK, retire then". They HAD to give her title shot because they had no other option, and she won, despite UFC being clearly interested in Holly-Rousey 2 instead. She ruined their plans.

They paid her 46K to show for the title fight. Paulo Costa gets more show money today.
They only had to give her good salary at UFC 200 because, after all the turbulence, this was the ONLY title fight available on the card.

Whatever she got from the UFC, she earned by herself , despite their plans

This chick is a professional............................... just not a fighter one................................... if you get what I mean

Isn't she Preggo? i mean, if One wants to sign MILFS more power to them.

Actually, she made it DESPITE the UFC.
UFC didn't even want to give her platform.
Miesha said that she'll retire if she doesn't get title shot, and Dana's reaction was: "OK, retire then". They HAD to give her title shot because they had no other option, and she won, despite UFC being clearly interested in Holly-Rousey 2 instead. She ruined their plans.

They paid her 46K to show for the title fight. Paulo Costa gets more show money today.
They only had to give her good salary at UFC 200 because, after all the turbulence, this was the ONLY title fight available on the card.

Whatever she got from the UFC, she earned by herself , despite their plans

She is one of the smarter fighters in UFC history.

After the Reebok deal, she turned it around to her advantage. She talked with her team & sponsors & worked out new deals where she did appearances & social media promotion & made bank doing it.

She is very pro-active & might do great in the position.

She is one of the smarter fighters in UFC history.

After the Reebok deal, she turned it around to her advantage. She talked with her team & sponsors & worked out new deals where she did appearances & social media promotion & made bank doing it.

She is very pro-active & might do great in the position.

IIRC she's also a manager to quite a bunch of fighters as well.
I'm sure she can do her job not worse than terrorist snitch does

There's no loyalty these days.

Replacing Rich Franklin apparently. Although Matt Hume is VP of Competetive Relations or something like that too. I think it's more of an Ambassadorship.

LOL no she is in no way replacing Rich. We would have heard about it.
Rich even does a fight show on TV for ONE.

The quote is self-serving, hypocritical bullshit.

Miesha Tate engaged in the promotional "shit show" plenty when she was coaching TUF against Ronda, or fighting against her in the UFC. She had no problems with it then, when it was adding an additional zero to her paycheck.

But now Tate is retired, and SUDDENLY she has real problem with the shit-talking. It's just so terrible! This reminds me of Tito Ortiz, of all fucking people, chiding Conor McGregor for being "classless" with his trash talk.

Miesha is also very far from the respectful martial artist she is trying to portray her as, as this delightful story about her telling her fans to call and harass a gas station employee she didn't like serves to show;

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/1/...station-attendant-clerk-spicy-pcikle-mma-news

I would still obliterate her to the point of both our bodies achieving singularity.

Back