Miesha Tate blasts Jon Jones: There is no gray zone when it comes to full contact

Fake outrage.

This premise that a person can take steroids and become 100% stronger than another person of similar athletic ability is just NONSENSE.

Steroids will may make you run or swim a split second faster than your opponent, but it doesn't turn you into the Hulk.

Jon Jones broke the rules. Fine. But to from there to this "somebody can get killed because of steroid use" is just bullshit.

If you get killed in the Octagon then (1) The doctors didn't do a good job (2) The match-makers really messed up (3) You and your team didn't prepare appropriately.

It is not going to be because your opponent had trace amounts of steroids in his urine. LOL

"This premise that a person can take steroids and become 100% stronger than another person of similar athletic ability is just NONSENSE."

It doesn't have to be 100% gain to be dangerous.
Weight classes are about 10% of body weight.
Using the logic that weight classes are designed to prevent mis-matches that could result in too high a risk of critical injury or death, then 10% gain in strength due to using steroids (which is absolutely possible) is like being a weight class up.

"Steroids will may make you run or swim a split second faster than your opponent, but it doesn't turn you into the Hulk."

Look at Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa pre- and post-steroids. Lean mean running machines that turned into what can only be described as Hulk-like.
And the difference was not a few feet on HR distance but more like 50 feet, or about 10% of a long HR.

"Jon Jones broke the rules. Fine. But to from there to this "somebody can get killed because of steroid use" is just bullshit."

He's broken the rules multiple times now despite knowing he is being watched closely.
He either thinks he can get away with it or is not being careful enough about it.
This is a sport where death is already a realistic possibility so allowing fighters to get unnaturally strong is a disaster waiting to happen.

"If you get killed in the Octagon then (1) The doctors didn't do a good job (2) The match-makers really messed up (3) You and your team didn't prepare appropriately."

Or (4) your opponent was unnaturally strong and the extra 10% or 20% force on a blow to the head killed you.

"It is not going to be because your opponent had trace amounts of steroids in his urine."

Unless that trace amount was because he was using them to train.
Also, consider that someone who is willing to cheat to gain an advantage might be cheating in multiple ways--could be doping with steroids during training and something else to mask pain and something else to increase endurance, etc. Getting caught over and over is a sign that someone is a cheater, or at the very least no careful about staying clean.

She is absolutely correct. You ESPECIALLY don't get to claim ignorance twice!

"This premise that a person can take steroids and become 100% stronger than another person of similar athletic ability is just NONSENSE."

It doesn't have to be 100% gain to be dangerous.
Weight classes are about 10% of body weight.
Using the logic that weight classes are designed to prevent mis-matches that could result in too high a risk of critical injury or death, then 10% gain in strength due to using steroids (which is absolutely possible) is like being a weight class up.

"Steroids will may make you run or swim a split second faster than your opponent, but it doesn't turn you into the Hulk."

Look at Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa pre- and post-steroids. Lean mean running machines that turned into what can only be described as Hulk-like.
And the difference was not a few feet on HR distance but more like 50 feet, or about 10% of a long HR.

"Jon Jones broke the rules. Fine. But to from there to this "somebody can get killed because of steroid use" is just bullshit."

He's broken the rules multiple times now despite knowing he is being watched closely.
He either thinks he can get away with it or is not being careful enough about it.
This is a sport where death is already a realistic possibility so allowing fighters to get unnaturally strong is a disaster waiting to happen.

"If you get killed in the Octagon then (1) The doctors didn't do a good job (2) The match-makers really messed up (3) You and your team didn't prepare appropriately."

Or (4) your opponent was unnaturally strong and the extra 10% or 20% force on a blow to the head killed you.

"It is not going to be because your opponent had trace amounts of steroids in his urine."

Unless that trace amount was because he was using them to train.
Also, consider that someone who is willing to cheat to gain an advantage might be cheating in multiple ways--could be doping with steroids during training and something else to mask pain and something else to increase endurance, etc. Getting caught over and over is a sign that someone is a cheater, or at the very least no careful about staying clean.
I don't know what you mean with "weight classes are about 10% of body weight." Explain that to me. I get what you are trying to say, but I don't want to jump into conclusions.

10% strength gain (if you can prove it) does not translate to a higher weight class. John Lineker and Valentina Shevchenko both fight at 135, but you can't tell me they have comparable strength. That is ridiculous.

I don't need to look at Barry Bonds (no proof he took steroids) or Sammy Sossa (don't know his story). I made a thread about fighters who tested positive after a fight, and the numbers showed they lost more than they won. These are MMA numbers, not other sports numbers. Better evidence.

Jon Jones is a cheat. No, question. There is evidence of this. However, there is no evidence that a fighter who is on Turinabol is more likely to kill his opponent than a fighter who is taking creatine monohydrate. If there is, show me the evidence.

There is no evidence that turinabol makes a fighter more "unnaturally stronger" than creatine monohydrate would.

The guy was caught and that's that. If he was caught, then we need to accept that. If you start saying stuff like "he could have been doing this and that" then I can say Daniel Cormier "was doing the stuff that Jon Jones didn't get caught for, and that is why his urine was negative." You can't have it both ways.

There are plenty of steroids that vastly increase endurance. It hasn't been about building muscle for a long time.

If you can take stuff that allows you to maintain a high output twice as long as your opponent that's a huge advantage. Also as fighters tire out, they drop their hands, become more likely to eat a big shot. Against someone that is still firing on all cylinders that can be dangerous.

This what most people dont take into account. E.g. Jones vs DC 2. DC was fatigued and his hands were lower and if Jones was just as tired he'd have thrown that head kick slower, or DC would have reacted better. They think its all about power and strength. Cardio is king, that's why even Conor lost to an inferior fighter like Nate Diaz.

Fake outrage.

This premise that a person can take steroids and become 100% stronger than another person of similar athletic ability is just NONSENSE.

Steroids will may make you run or swim a split second faster than your opponent, but it doesn't turn you into the Hulk.

Jon Jones broke the rules. Fine. But to from there to this "somebody can get killed because of steroid use" is just bullshit.

If you get killed in the Octagon then (1) The doctors didn't do a good job (2) The match-makers really messed up (3) You and your team didn't prepare appropriately.

It is not going to be because your opponent had trace amounts of steroids in his urine. LOL

You clearly have never taken steroids.

There is NO COMPARISON between what you are physically capable of, off and on Steroids.

Yes. The right stack will quite literally turn you into the hulk.

I don't have an issue with PEDs in sports, but you seem to be seeking to marginalize an advantage that can be VAST.

If you've never competed in sports at a high level and never taken PEDs, and thus have no first-hand experience to draw from, you don't have a legitimate opinion regarding how much they might benefit an athlete, as you quite literally have no idea what you are talking about.

I cannot imagine a single user or former user not agreeing that the physical advantages conferred are enormous...

Last edited:
Wonder why Tate doesn't comment on this:

The game point of the match went to LaRosa who revealed that a source in the know had tipped her off today to the fact that Tate allegedly employs the use of clenbuterol, a bronchodilator typically used by asthma sufferers that also doubles as a weight-cutting aid. Tate uncharacteristically ignored the claim by LaRosa and pretended like she didn’t read the tweet (or subsequent tweets).

http://www.cagepotato.com/tara-larosa-and-miesha-tate-win-the-award-for-top-tuesday-twitter-war/

She coincidentally has a thyroid issue.

The thyroid can be affected adversely as one of the Clenbuterol side effects

There is NO COMPARISON between what you are physically capable of, off and on Steroids.

I don't have an issue with PEDs in sports, but you seem to be seeking to marginalize an advantage that can be VAST.

If you've never competed in sports at a high level and never taken PEDs, and thus have no first-hand experience to draw from, you don't have a legitimate opinion regarding how much they might benefit an athlete, as you quite literally have no idea what you are talking about.

I cannot imagine a single user or former user not agreeing that the physical advantages conferred are enormous...

What about the fighters that take roids n still suck... does that mean they really really suck? OR not taking enuff of the good stuff

Anyone else find it funny that Tate took pig hormones when her face bares a slight resemblance to a pig? Hottest pig on earth, but nonetheless

If it's bovine adrenal concentrate or something similar, you can get that on Amazon.

The best way of knowing is through scientific evidence, not personal experience. The science about androgen steroids doesn't support your opinion.

There isn't much evidence about androgen steroids making somebody a better fighter. Like I have stated, I made a thread listing fighters that were caught on steroids/PEDs after a fight, and most lost than won.

A fighter is not more likely to win because he is on PEDs. If you think so, show me some type of evidence. I have already made a thread showing evidence that contradicts your opinion.

Ironically peds make training to FIGHT much more safer as you have quicker recovery makes it more likely to avoid injury...
]Tell that to Ronaldo whos career was caught short because his knees were fucked from PED's

Tell that to the three members of US Cycling that got testicular cancer or immune issues from PED's

Fake outrage.

Go watch the Mr Olympia to see if steroids massively effect the human body or not.

Go watch the Mr Olympia to see if steroids massively effect the human body or not.
First, humans were building big bodies before we perfected the steroids technology. Second, having a Mr Olympia physique doesn't bring you closer to killing another highly trained opponent in the Octagon.

Mike Tyson fought many guys that were bigger than him, and he didn't come close to dying in the ring, and people have died in the boxing ring.

Also, PRIDE FC didn't care about steroids/PEDs usage, so name 1 fighter who died in the PRIDE FC ring. Get real evidence. There is more evidence to support my point of view, than there is that supports yours.

This idea that "steroids/PEDs should be banned from combat sports to save lives" is super ridiculous, and baseless.

LOL

Pig hormone hmm that explains a lot

First, humans were building big bodies before we perfected the steroids technology. Second, having a Mr Olympia physique doesn't bring you closer to killing another highly trained opponent in the Octagon.

Mike Tyson fought many guys that were bigger than him, and he didn't come close to dying in the ring, and people have died in the boxing ring.

Also, PRIDE FC didn't care about steroids/PEDs usage, so name 1 fighter who died in the PRIDE FC ring. Get real evidence. There is more evidence to support my point of view, than there is that supports yours.

This idea that "steroids/PEDs should be banned from combat sports to save lives" is super ridiculous, and baseless.

LOL

I think you have confused me with someone else, and projected what they have said on to me. I am correct however, and you are wrong that steroids don't create massive changes to the human body.

Look at the Mr Universe from the 1950s, then look at Phil Heath.

If you can pack a larger amount of muscle fibres on to an equivalent size frame, simply using the equation of f=ma, where acceleration is increased by the increase of muscle fibres for example, it can easily be argued that the force impacted on an individual receiving a blow would increase.

Stop pretending you don't know that.

Back