Miesha Tate blasts Jon Jones: There is no gray zone when it comes to full contact

Shortly after reclaiming the UFC light heavyweight title with a knockout of Daniel Cormier, Jon Jones failed a USADA-administered drug test and lost that same title. Since then, Jones and his team have maintained that he did not intentionally ingest any banned substances. In the opinion of former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate, however, ignorance is no excuse.

“You’re either clean or you’re not. There is no gray zone when it comes to full contact sports, period,” Miesha Tate said on MMA Tonight on Sirius XM (h/t Bloody Elbow). “I don’t care if USADA says, Miesha, don’t eat Cheerios the week of your fight. Guess what, I ain’t eating Cheerios. That’s the rules. They make it so the sport is safe and clean, and we need to follow them.”

“You know the rules directly ahead of time,” Tate continued. “USADA hands out pamphlets, tons of information. They make it very very easy. If you have a question, if there’s anything that a doctor prescribes you, you have phone numbers, you have a website. You can run it through a number of people to verify if this is a safe product or not.”

“I utilized this many times myself, just [for] precautions. I have a slight thyroid disorder. My thyroid runs a little bit slow. I took a natural pig hormone, but I wanted to make sure that it was safe, it was okay. It was cleared, and it was alright, but I went through the process to make sure that what I was putting into my body — I sent all my supplements to USADA to have them cleared, and they’re happy to do that. And that gives me the reassurance because I don’t want to accidentally take something.”

“But if you’re ‘accidentally’ speeding, and a police officer pulls you over, and said, ‘sorry sir, I was going 20 over, I didn’t realize,’ you’re still going 20 over, period. You can’t use ignorance as an excuse, and it needs to be 100% clean, not basically clean.”

What do you think of these comments from Miesha Tate?
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/miesha-tate/miesha-tate-jon-jones-cant-use-ignorance-excuse/

I agree with Tate.

Fake outrage.

This premise that a person can take steroids and become 100% stronger than another person of similar athletic ability is just NONSENSE.

Steroids will may make you run or swim a split second faster than your opponent, but it doesn't turn you into the Hulk.

Jon Jones broke the rules. Fine. But to from there to this "somebody can get killed because of steroid use" is just bullshit.
If you get killed in the Octagon then (1) The doctors didn't do a good job (2) The match-makers really messed up (3) You and your team didn't prepare appropriately.

It is not going to be because your opponent had trace amounts of steroids in his urine. LOL
nah you are full of shit. a guy as strong as rumble could knock someone dead in an instance if he hit him at the right place and the right time. you're taking your opponents life in your own hands when you roid and it is lethal.

nah you are full of shit. a guy as strong as rumble could knock someone dead in an instance if he hit him at the right place and the right time. you're taking your opponents life in your own hands when you roid and it is lethal.
You can't prove it. So, whatever.

Ironically peds make training to FIGHT much more safer as you have quicker recovery makes it more likely to avoid injury...

or you could train for fighting by just watching video...

that's always fun!
just stop, honestly.

lol at least I'm not blaming a guy for potentially dying because another decided to cheat and do roids. scum bag.
A guy was concussed because he was and has always been inferior to his opponent. I guess creatine and whey protein should be banned, because a fighter may have more energy to kill his opponent.

There is a ton of evidence on the performance enhancing potential of creatine.

Well said Tate. Can I eat your cupcake now?

A guy was concussed because he was and has always been inferior to his opponent. I guess creatine and whey protein should be banned, because a fighter may have more energy to kill his opponent.

There is a ton of evidence on the performance enhancing potential of creatine.
lol that is such garbage. fighting is physical activity, roids make doing physical activity easier and make you better at it. There for if a guy is doing roids to beat a guy, its because he knows he is the inferior one.

Fake outrage.

This premise that a person can take steroids and become 100% stronger than another person of similar athletic ability is just NONSENSE.

Steroids will may make you run or swim a split second faster than your opponent, but it doesn't turn you into the Hulk.

Jon Jones broke the rules. Fine. But to from there to this "somebody can get killed because of steroid use" is just bullshit.

If you get killed in the Octagon then (1) The doctors didn't do a good job (2) The match-makers really messed up (3) You and your team didn't prepare appropriately.

It is not going to be because your opponent had trace amounts of steroids in his urine. LOL

There are plenty of steroids that vastly increase endurance. It hasn't been about building muscle for a long time.

If you can take stuff that allows you to maintain a high output twice as long as your opponent that's a huge advantage. Also as fighters tire out, they drop their hands, become more likely to eat a big shot. Against someone that is still firing on all cylinders that can be dangerous.

lol that is such garbage. fighting is physical activity, roids make doing physical activity easier and make you better at it. There for if a guy is doing roids to beat a guy, its because he knows he is the inferior one.
Here is what researchers have to say about creatine monohydrate,

"Creatine monohydrate is the most effective ergogenic nutritional supplement currently available to athletes with the intent of increasing high-intensity exercise capacity and lean body mass during training." Source: Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2017;14:18. doi:10.1186/s12970-017-0173-z. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28615996

Granted, the article I am resourcing is not the highest standard of scientific evidence, but it is current and a review of research that has been done on Creatine monohydrate.

There is evidence that creatine monohydrate improves athletic performance, so I guess USADA should ban it, because a fighter can be killed, due to this improved athletic performance.

I am using science to back up my opinion. You want to hang to bro-logic. So, be it.

Fake outrage.

Have you ever seen Vitor on and off roids?

There are plenty of steroids that vastly increase endurance. It hasn't been about building muscle for a long time.

If you can take stuff that allows you to maintain a high output twice as long as your opponent that's a huge advantage. Also as fighters tire out, they drop their hands, become more likely to eat a big shot. Against someone that is still firing on all cylinders that can be dangerous.
There is undeniable evidence that creatine monohydrate improves athletic performance. What is your opinion on creatine monohydrate and combat sports?

Have you ever seen Vitor on and off roids?
He lost when he was on steroids. I made a thread showing a list of all the fighters who lost and tested positive afterwards, he was on that list.

In fact, more often, a fighter who tested positive lost the fight. How statistical significant were those numbers? I don't know.

But looking at the numbers at face value, there were losses with positive tests than wins with positive tests. There is no evidence to support the conclusion that Miesha Tate is making. She is just talking out of her pretty ass. LOL

lol at least I'm not blaming a guy for potentially dying because another decided to cheat and do roids. scum bag.

I know what you mean bro. I hate it when people potentially died. It's like dying, but they're still alive. Cunts.

Back