Middle Earth Shadow of War

I think that's the first black guy I have ever seen in lord of the rings
The Hobbit contains no female character. Sure it's a children book but not one female character is a rare thing. That doesn't mean Tolkien was sexist or racist: Galadriel is the most powerful elf of Middle Earth in LOTR. Luthien, Morwen, Niena Niniel ; all very powerful female characters in Tolkien's masterpiece The Silmarillion.

If you read the books, you are free to "color" the characters to your liking. Saying "that's the first black guy" is wrong because Tolkien never speaks about skin tan. We know orcs are supposed to be gray and dusty but Hobbits, Elf and Man are never specified.

Unless you consider "fair" a synonym for white...

ill definitely get this, the first game was great EXCEPT that dog shit final fight, final fights that are just quick time events should be penalized by years in prison IMO

Didn't expect this thread to turn into a heated debate on Canadian retail stores. Odd.

{<doc}

As someone who has lived in Canada for the last 20 years, I can tell you, they're a sensitive bunch. They hate being reminded how irrelevant they are.

Thanks for merging my thread video mod. Guess my input isn't really valued here, I'll go back where I belong and remain there.

Got some real gameplay here

@Metal_Daze Looks pretty kick ass imo and when I say pretty kick ass I mean it looks fucking awesome

@Metal_Daze Looks pretty kick ass imo and when I say pretty kick ass I mean it looks fucking awesome

Take my money!

xDWMT0h.gif

this looks fucking great they have my money

Holy..... usually I'm not impressed by gameplay trailers, figuring the developers pick the absolutely best part of the game to represent the entirety of the experience.

But this looks like the real deal, like after the tutorial and initial building of forces and abilities, this is the majority of the gameplay experience.

After the awesomeness of the first game, I'm pumped for this.

Thinking I should finally pick up the first game since it's likely dirt cheap at this point.

I didn't finish the first one. Cookie cutter missions and way too easy. It didn't hold my interest for very long. Nemesis system was interesting, but kinda pointless when you wreck everything so easily.

Hopefully this one has better missions, more characters, a more varied map and a hard mode.

Cleaned up the thread, @WalkenWouldOwn

Let's not forget that two years ago Middle-Age: Shadow of Mordor battled it out with Dragon Age: Inquisition at all the major game ceremonies. It didn't win the DICE, but it earned the most nominations there, and it also scored the GOTY from the Game Developer's Choice Awards and from the Giant Bomb staff.

Was it the best LOTR game ever made? Many thought so, but Battle for Middle Earth, Return of the King, and Lord of the Rings Online also have devoted fans. Maybe Shadow of War could settle the argument.

Shadow_of_Mordor_cover_art.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking I should finally pick up the first game since it's likely dirt cheap at this point.

I'll probably pick it up for next to nothing when the sequel comes out. I'll still be backlogged with other games by then, anyway. I'm still like two or three winter sales worth of games behind lol

Let's not forget that two years ago Middle-Age: Shadow of Mordor battled it out with Dragon Age: Inquisition at all the major game ceremonies. It didn't win the DICE, but it earned the most nominations there, and it also scored the GOTY from the Game Developer's Choice Awards and from the Giant Bomb staff.

Was it the best LOTR game ever made? Many thought so, but Battle for Middle Earth, Return of the King, and Lord of the Rings Online also have devoted fans. Maybe Shadow of War could settle the argument.

Actually i'd say Lord of the Rings War in the North was the best of all the games you just listed.

Battle for Middle Earth was my favorite one but most of them haven't aged terribly well.

Goddamn The Return of the King was such a fun, mindless game. One of the best hack and slash beat em ups I ever played. I wouldn't mind going through it again.

Goddamn The Return of the King was such a fun, mindless game. One of the best hack and slash beat em ups I ever played. I wouldn't mind going through it again.

Very underrated game. I remember playing through that with my ex on the Gamecube. Such fun times.

The Nemesis system. Looks like its going to be kick ass again knowing that you can brand entire armies to your will.

Also, Cave Trolls. Would like to see one go up against a horned Graug. Now that would be a heavyweight matchup.

Back