Middle Earth Shadow of War

Only loot boxes I opened I got from avenging some other dudes being killed in the game.

Pretty much reaching the end of the main story.

Afterwards is a PLANNED long term after story grind where you run around beating up orcs and defending shit. Just like any MP game. Like grinding your way to 100% in any way. Except chopping off heads and training orcs is a lot more fun than the shit you normally do.

So NOPE microtransactions have zero affect on normal game play. They give you zero fucking advantage in single play.

You cannot and do not need pay to win or even avoid a grind in normal play.

Sail. Find a ship. Attack it with cannons. Board. Repeat.

Run around. Find an orc. Checks its weaknesses. Creep up on it. Or snipe it. Or blow up a barrel. Summon a beast. Bring an ally. Kill it in a dozen different ways. Lose and he laughs at you and goes up in strength. Run away and he reminds you the next time. Win and recruit as your bodyguard. Or use him as a spy. Or send him to the fighting pits. Give him special abilities. Install as an overlord. Use him in an assault. Use him to defend. Send him to fight another captain. Watch him fighting ghouls. Or gaghors. See him betray you as your bodyguard. Because his bro is your enemy. Then make him go insane by breaking him for his treachery. Avenge some bro you never met on the net against that massively leveled up orc that ripped his head off. Maybe that Orc you beat comes back from the dead and ambushes you while you're checking out collectables. And you summon your bodyguard and instead get jumped by another orc.

Of course sailing in a circle around a galley is that much more complex ;) but you got drake riding which is basically being a pirate with wings.
<mma4>
Only loot boxes I opened I got from avenging some other dudes being killed in the game.
Probably me. Thanks btw.

<GrassoBless>

Sail. Find a ship. Attack it with cannons. Board. Repeat.

Run around. Find an orc. Checks its weaknesses. Creep up on it. Or snipe it. Or blow up a barrel. Summon a beast. Bring an ally. Kill it in a dozen different ways. Lose and he laughs at you and goes up in strength. Run away and he reminds you the next time. Win and recruit as your bodyguard. Or use him as a spy. Or send him to the fighting pits. Give him special abilities. Install as an overlord. Use him in an assault. Use him to defend. Send him to fight another captain. Watch him fighting ghouls. Or gaghors. See him betray you as your bodyguard. Because his bro is your enemy. Then make him go insane by breaking him for his treachery. Avenge some bro you never met on the net against that massively leveled up orc that ripped his head off. Maybe that Orc you beat comes back from the dead and ambushes you while you're checking out collectables. And you summon your bodyguard and instead get jumped by another orc.

Of course sailing in a circle around a galley is that much more complex ;) but you got drake riding which is basically being a pirate with wings.

It sounds like you are minimizing the things to do in Black Flag and then elaborating on every little detail of an enemy encounter in Shadow of War

Nice try though

Regardless of which is the better game (Shadow of War probably is) if you think there arent "more things to do" in Shadow of War than Black Flag then you probably didnt play much Black Flag

It has easily 3-5x the amount of content of a Middle Earth game

Sounds like the wait & see approach was the correct path to go. Looks like the game isn't really impacted with their microtransactions. And if the game doesn't need them, then why have them in the first place? Maybe the game designers improved the rewards from the boxes after hearing the negative outcry when they were announced?

The last thing any game needs close to launch is negative press. Metacritic is being flooded with negative user scores from people who have had their fill of loot boxes.

It's really looking like a fun game. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on it and may buy it.
I suspect it will be deeply discounted in the near future. Wait and see will profit.

Did they really need to give some of the captains hype men???

It sounds like you are minimizing the things to do in Black Flag and then elaborating on every little detail of an enemy encounter in Shadow of War

Nice try though

Regardless of which is the better game (Shadow of War probably is) if you think there arent "more things to do" in Shadow of War than Black Flag then you probably didnt play much Black Flag

It has easily 3-5x the amount of content of a Middle Earth game

Tell me what you can do in Black Flag. I've got it and you chug around in a ship, fire cannons and board ships. That's the core game.

I'm really enjoying this game. My sword sets stuff on fire now.

I suspect it will be deeply discounted in the near future. Wait and see will profit.

What makes you think so?

Just a couple weeks ago I saw Prey on cdkeys for like 20 bucks and jumped on it. Hoping for something similar with SoW.

Tell me what you can do in Black Flag. I've got it and you chug around in a ship, fire cannons and board ships. That's the core game.

Tell me what you can do in Shadow of War. I've got it and you run around and kill orcs. That's the entire game.

Reaching the end of the storyline game and microtransactions have ZERO effect.

Game is balanced perfectly.

There might be an issue with the after game but I haven't got there yet.

Tell me what you can do in Shadow of War. I've got it and you run around and kill orcs. That's the entire game.

I wrote a long paragraph about all the shit that happens in connection with killing orcs except I didn't mention spying, bodyguards to chiefs, jumping into their private battles and I can go on and on ... nonstop changing soap opera.

Game might be a little too easy or I just got too good at Shadow of Mordor. I've been killed only twice. The jump freeze is overpowered.

I wrote a long paragraph about all the shit that happens in connection with killing orcs except I didn't mention spying, bodyguards to chiefs, jumping into their private battles and I can go on and on ... nonstop changing soap opera.

All you do is kill orcs.

Game might be a little too easy or I just got too good at Shadow of Mordor. I've been killed only twice. The jump freeze is overpowered.

They need a hard difficulty between normal and nemesis .... nemesis is brutal and normal is too easy.

As someone who has beaten Blag Flag and even used their stupid UPlay "send the ships on missions" stuff, it's an incredibly shallow game, it just has the appearance of variety, like all Assassin's Creed games. Shadow of Mordor got repetitive near the end, but at least it was different, and the Nemesis system was cooler than anything in Black Flag. Ugh, that fucking game. Anyway, heard mixed reviews on Shadows of War, so probably waiting till a sale. I hear the AI in sieges is baaad.

Finished up Shadow of Mordor and it was a fun ride. The main story was such a shit show of nothingness but the orcs are the reason I picked up Shadow of War and am now waiting for this Ultra Textures pack to download. I really hope the last bad guy(s) isn't a fucking quick time event, lol. It's like they ran out of time or budget and had to scrape something together. The atmosphere in the last couple areas was superb though. I don't think I even hit any of the final boss badass orcs in the last few parts. My goon squad killed all of them haha. I'm definitely going with Nemesis difficulty because SoM got way too easy, way too fast.

Can't wait to finally play SoW though! But I've read the main story in the sequel is just as bad, lol. Monolith really needs to hire better writers when they have such a rich and deep amount of lore to draw from.

Talion is such a bland character and I'm getting really sick of hearing Troy Baker's voice in every single game, as talented and as good as he is.

Finished up Shadow of Mordor and it was a fun ride. The main story was such a shit show of nothingness but the orcs are the reason I picked up Shadow of War and am now waiting for this Ultra Textures pack to download. I really hope the last bad guy(s) isn't a fucking quick time event, lol. It's like they ran out of time or budget and had to scrape something together. The atmosphere in the last couple areas was superb though. I don't think I even hit any of the final boss badass orcs in the last few parts. My goon squad killed all of them haha. I'm definitely going with Nemesis difficulty because SoM got way too easy, way too fast.

Can't wait to finally play SoW though! But I've read the main story in the sequel is just as bad, lol. Monolith really needs to hire better writers when they have such a rich and deep amount of lore to draw from.

Talion is such a bland character and I'm getting really sick of hearing Troy Baker's voice in every single game, as talented and as good as he is.

The parts of the story with Orcs are excellent. The rest of the interactions are Dragon Age Inquisitor bad. But it's the Nemesis system that makes things work. Play on Nemesis difficulty.

Anyone pick up the premium version with the two extra clans?

Act 2 was fucking fun. Building the army. The only that sucks is the Champion fighting pit, the boss is 10 times higher than the max i can level my own army with the nemesis missions. Doesn;t make much sense to me.

Back