Middle Earth Shadow of War

If you're scared of micro-transactions - don't be.

https://kotaku.com/tips-for-playing-middle-earth-shadow-of-war-1819329469

"Don’t buy the loot boxes

You don’t need them. You should only get a loot box if the game naturally awards it to you, either via daily challenge gold or by participating in the multiplayer."

Sounds like that's a reviewer that has actually played the game, and we're supposed to ignore those and listen to tweets from people who have yet to play it at all.

Sounds like the wait & see approach was the correct path to go. Looks like the game isn't really impacted with their microtransactions. And if the game doesn't need them, then why have them in the first place? Maybe the game designers improved the rewards from the boxes after hearing the negative outcry when they were announced?

The last thing any game needs close to launch is negative press. Metacritic is being flooded with negative user scores from people who have had their fill of loot boxes.

It's really looking like a fun game. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on it and may buy it.

Sounds like the wait & see approach was the correct path to go. Looks like the game isn't really impacted with their microtransactions. And if the game doesn't need them, then why have them in the first place? Maybe the game designers improved the rewards from the boxes after hearing the negative outcry when they were announced?

The last thing any game needs close to launch is negative press. Metacritic is being flooded with negative user scores from people who have had their fill of loot boxes.

It's really looking like a fun game. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on it and may buy it.

Loot boxes are not part of the game unless you want them to be and will not actually help you much because of the Nemesis system.

Loot boxes are not part of the game unless you want them to be and will not actually help you much because of the Nemesis system.

Well, unfortunately for them, this is not usually the case when games have micro transactions and loot boxes for sale.

Right or wrong, there's an expectation for pay to win when they are involved. They are going to have to shed that reputation quickly.

It's weird they included them when you're saying the game doesn't need them. Sounds like a bad move on their part.

Fucking new captains keep coming back after I kill them!

I killed one then as I'm sneaking around he pops back up again saying he cheated death and almost kills me then right as I kill him with a sliver of my life left another captain actually "ambushes" me (apparently that's a thing) before I can even take a step and finishes me off smh

I really want to play this but i havent played a hack and slash since Diablo 3. I remember spending staying up nights playing it. Action role playing games were my kryptonite.

I really want to play this but i havent played a hack and slash since Diablo 3. I remember spending staying up nights playing it. Action role playing games were my kryptonite.

It's not a hack and slash. It;s more like a combo brawler with weapons added.

I killed one then as I'm sneaking around he pops back up again saying he cheated death and almost kills me then right as I kill him with a sliver of my life left another captain actually "ambushes" me (apparently that's a thing) before I can even take a step and finishes me off smh
It happens I had two of them ambush so 3 all together in a span of 5 mins. the one kept setting bear traps not a big deal killed him and the first one then a little sneaky fucker who threw spears showed up and killed me. The one with the traps dropped good loot though and cameback from the dead dropped a good sword the second time I fought him then he showed up a third time and then escaped then ambushed me a couple minutes later some black blade cunt.

It happens I had two of them ambush so 3 all together in a span of 5 mins. the one kept setting bear traps not a big deal killed him and the first one then a little sneaky fucker who threw spears showed up and killed me. The one with the traps dropped good loot though and cameback from the dead dropped a good sword the second time I fought him then he showed up a third time and then escaped then ambushed me a couple minutes later some black blade cunt.
i had a moment with a blood brothers i sent him 2 him help another Captain then out of nowhere his blood brother came 2 ambush me then the blood brother i had in my army out right betrays ends up almost wrecking me. so for now on I'll pay attention see who's blood brothers now

i had a moment with a blood brothers i sent him 2 him help another Captain then out of nowhere his blood brother came 2 ambush me then the blood brother i had in my army out right betrays ends up almost wrecking me. so for now on I'll pay attention see who's blood brothers now
holyshit I didn't know that could happen I know I was about to get killed and it went to the execution screen and I pressed the right button but instead of me countering the guy a human ran over and cut the orcs headoff. Just been screwing off after the first castle attack so haven't recruited anyone yet.

holyshit I didn't know that could happen I know I was about to get killed and it went to the execution screen and I pressed the right button but instead of me countering the guy a human ran over and cut the orcs headoff. Just been screwing off after the first castle attack so haven't recruited anyone yet.
It was epic what's funny I had a blood brother in my army I ended up getting his blood brother without knowing but he out right leaves my army because he thought I killed his blood brother lol. I love how they can cheat death if I kill a orc he chests death I'll put him in my army. I had someone in my army die he was one of my favorites was sad he died out of nowhere he pop's up saying he cheated death I was so fucking happy lol

Just had a epic encounter with a orc I sent one of my captions into the pit level him up he was 23 he got rekt by this level 18 captain. so I go down to kick his ass so I can get him in my army he downs me 2 times instead of Killing me he humiliates me instead then out of nowhere I orc I just killed earlier cheats death by saying the beasts tried eating him but he ate them instead making him a legendary orc. so I'm fighting both of them the first orc gets me down for third time instead of Killing me he walks off says u are not worth killing just walks off so still trying to fight the orc that cheated death got him down And had to shame him because he had iron will. Then I go off again get the one that humiliated me so I go do that he is now above my level so me and him go at it shame him goes from 29 to 24 so I go hunt him down again he is with another captain so we go at it again only this time this fucker downs me 3 times again humiliating me even further to where his name changed to Nazi the humiliator. So I have to go and shame this fucker More Time so I can get him below my level again so I do that. For the last time me and him go at it I finally get this fucker in my army I was so happy lol

Hype got the best of me because I have no willpower for innovations in games but a question for the fine video game connoisseurs of Sherdog....should I soldier on with Shadow of Mordor (about 10~15 hours in) or say fuck it and go straight to Shadow of War?

Hype got the best of me because I have no willpower for innovations in games but a question for the fine video game connoisseurs of Sherdog....should I soldier on with Shadow of Mordor (about 10~15 hours in) or say fuck it and go straight to Shadow of War?

Definately play through Mordor first.

Its not required, as far as needing to understand the storyline (because no one really gives a shit about it), but it is a high quality game (It won many GOTY 2014 awards) and is worth playing all the way through to experience it.

I don't know anything about these games other than that they're set in Middle Earth, but these stories sound amazing and I really want to check this out. I'm torn on it though, the microtransactions initially were a total dealbreaker, but it sounds like they've adjusted it due to the backlash. Problem is, the poor microtransaction system is still there and it's still a practice that holds these games back. I can't support that in good conscious. Is it really good enough to throw my morals away for?

Back