Middle Earth Shadow of War

I'm not buying Shadow of War, because micro transactions are horseshit, no matter how used, in full priced games, especially single player ones.

If you want to see a real AAA, pay to win micro transaction game, look no further than Star Wars Battlefront 2. Gameplay looks awesome, and there's no way I'll play it.

I think this is a fair piece. No, you dont need to buy loot boxes and its random enough that it probably wont help. Should they be in the game? Eh maybe not. Are they pay2win? Seems to random to be actually helpful.

https://trib.al/pCaAq59

Reports have floated around that it would take dozens of hours to get the real ending of Shadow of War, and worse, that the game is designed to be so grindy, players have a reason to drop cash on powerful orcs. The narrative is that Shadow of War’s post-game has been designed differently than the rest of the experience. It’s actually simpler than that. Shadow of War’s endgame is constructed exactly like the main game, which is already a bit repetitive. And as I mentioned in my review, the bulk of the Shadow of War experience is extremely similar Shadow of Mordor, the first game. Shadow Wars doesn’t illuminate much about the evils of microtransactions and how they can change and ruin a game, as much as it reveals something about the already existing experience.

and then there is this

But for those of you wondering if this game is going to make you feel like you have to spend more than $60 to see all of it has to offer, don’t worry. You can spend money if you want to, but I’m not sure why you would.

So yes I agree microtransactions break the immersion, they are annoying, they are stupid, but in this case they are not the evil being you want them to be you.

I understand the larger war against microtransaction, I certainly do, but they are not going to go away. The fact that when a game comes out WITHOUT paid DLC we praise it as the exception, should show you the rule is paid DLC and microtransactions, and it sucks, and maybe boycotting the game will stop it, but far more likely this game will sell millions of copies and the machine will keep moving. If you hate it, but indie and know that every major studio is going to do this, thats the model. Maybe its worth it for continued support and upkeep, maybe its a scam, but huge game companies like WB/EA are going to milk you.

I feel very similarly. I accept the fact that microtransactions are here to stay. If the world were perfect and conformed to my whims, perhaps they wouldnt exist and instead would be replaced by Gianna Michaels' breasts. However, thats not going to happen. So my stipulation is how much do they affect me if I decide I don't want to purchase them? If they're there and I don't need them, I don't care. But it seems like people go so far out of their way to demonize them that they don't see the big picture. If micros that dont affect the gameplay fail, then micros arent going to go away. Theyll only be more intrusive to the game play experience. Evolve is a pretty classic example. It was cosmetic microtransactions and shit that didnt affect the game and the devs went pretty far out of their way not to split the community. But people just complained. They complained not because of what they were but because what they thought theyd be.

Been playing for about 2 hours now and already got a chest that gave me 2 legendary orc warriors and 1 epic. And I'm not even to the part of the game where you can do anything with your army or very far in at all
Wasn't that the whole controversy? That you couldn't get legendary orcs consistently and thus get the 4th act without paying extra? Well.......looks like myth busted.......

Game looks kickass as fuck, I will purchase the game but never loot crates.

The problem is their is a market for people who dont have as much free time and want to progress further without the work/grind.

Their is going to be microtrancations always, because people are willing to pay for it.

Been playing for about 2 hours now and already got a chest that gave me 2 legendary orc warriors and 1 epic. And I'm not even to the part of the game where you can do anything with your army or very far in at all
Wasn't that the whole controversy? That you couldn't get legendary orcs consistently and thus get the 4th act without paying extra? Well.......looks like myth busted.......

Same here. I got 2 Epics and 1 Legendary in my first chest within the first 2 hours of playing. I also fought an Orc named Douche, lol.

Game is a ton of fun so far.

Game looks kickass as fuck, I will purchase the game but never loot crates.

The problem is their is a market for people who dont have as much free time and want to progress further without the work/grind.

Their is going to be microtrancations always, because people are willing to pay for it.

You can get loot crates in the game via coins earned in the game.

Looks like....pre launch patch

Oh I'm sure WB & Monolith would have absolutley dispised being forced to take that international DLC money.

Oh wait...

Anyway, it would have been perfectly legal for them to make an equal contribution to the Forgey family of whatever they made in the total DLC sales across all 50 states and international sales.

You're not as smart as you think you are.

$5 spent on DLC outside of 46 states isn't $5 that goes straight to the family with zero tax consequences.

$5 in 197 countries round the world will have at least 197 different tax regimes (individual states add to this) channeled through a ton of WB international entities. Each of those entities will be paying different degrees of sales and VAT taxes. Furthermore corporate taxes will vary. So its not $5, its $1.45, $3.0008 $4.5 ... A fucking nightmare to calculate what the entity 'made'.

Now go back to your simple world of simple problems and black/white people and evil companies.

Fuck I want this so bad because I’m bored as hell . I don’t mind repetitive combat orc stuff which the reviews say. I just want to button mash god of war style ahah .

You're not as smart as you think you are.

$5 spent on DLC outside of 46 states isn't $5 that goes straight to the family with zero tax consequences.

$5 in 197 countries round the world will have at least 197 different tax regimes (individual states add to this) channeled through a ton of WB international entities. Each of those entities will be paying different degrees of sales and VAT taxes. Furthermore corporate taxes will vary. So its not $5, its $1.45, $3.0008 $4.5 ... A fucking nightmare to calculate what the entity 'made'.

Now go back to your simple world of simple problems and black/white people and evil companies.

I'm actually smarter than I think I am, and I know nations have different tax laws.

But Monolith/WB could have just simplified everything by just putting in bold print, in the trailer, all profits from the DLC will go to the family.

And you didn't address the portion of my post you quoted, that....

"it would have been perfectly legal for them to make an equal contribution to the Forgey family of whatever they made in the total DLC sales across all 50 states and international sales."

Glad to hear the game isn’t really micro transaction hell, gonna give it a try in a couple weeks. Been playing the iOS version for a couple weeks and it unfortunately is micro transaction hell if you don’t want to play at a snails pace like I am. iOS version is a free download atleast.

Simple answers for simple people who have no idea how fucking complicated shit can be.

Simple solution was pure donation from 46 states.

Now you motherfuckers with your entitled rants have gone fucked up maybe half or a million ongoing to the family replaced by a donation which will be much lower. Hope you're self-satisfied.

Good game. Fuck the internet haters who tucked up the donations.

Simple answers for simple people who have no idea how fucking complicated shit can be.

Simple solution was pure donation from 46 states.

Now you motherfuckers with your entitled rants have gone fucked up maybe half or a million ongoing to the family replaced by a donation which will be much lower. Hope you're self-satisfied.

You sound like you have Stockholm Syndrome lol.

it feels and looks about the same as the first one

Already beat Shadow of Mordor, I’m good on the $60 copypasta

Loved the first one.

Tempted to pick this up on the ASAP, any big changes to it.

Back