Middle Earth Shadow of War

The Hobbit contains no female character. Sure it's a children book but not one female character is a rare thing. That doesn't mean Tolkien was sexist or racist: Galadriel is the most powerful elf of Middle Earth in LOTR. Luthien, Morwen, Niena Niniel ; all very powerful female characters in Tolkien's masterpiece The Silmarillion.

If you read the books, you are free to "color" the characters to your liking. Saying "that's the first black guy" is wrong because Tolkien never speaks about skin tan. We know orcs are supposed to be gray and dusty but Hobbits, Elf and Man are never specified.

Unless you consider "fair" a synonym for white...

I think it's quite obvious from the text that Tolkien did in fact mean "fair" as a synonym for white and that the peoples of middle earth were (in a modern context) profoundly racist. The hobbits are mistrustful of hobbits from the village over, let alone different "races".

I think it's quite obvious from the text that Tolkien did in fact mean "fair" as a synonym for white and that the peoples of middle earth were (in a modern context) profoundly racist. The hobbits are mistrustful of hobbits from the village over, let alone different "races".
Let's not forget the wicked men of the east. Orientals can't catch a break.

Too bad it's an Ubisoft title. I'm still skeptical.

Shadow of Mordor was fantastic

Gameplay was fun and it had some interesting mechanics, but the rest of the game was just bland IMO. Couldn't finish it.

I played it late, right after I finished Dark Souls 3 and the Witcher 3 though, that probably influenced my opinion a bit.

Gameplay was fun and it had some interesting mechanics, but the rest of the game was just bland IMO. Couldn't finish it.

I played it late, right after I finished Dark Souls 3 and the Witcher 3 though, that probably influenced my opinion a bit.

Yeah well it came out 18 months before those games and was my first PS4 game.

Developed by Monolith, published by WB Games.

If it was a Ubisoft game, there'd be three half-assed sequels by now.

Shit, really? Pardon me then. I'm a bit salty about all the shitty Ubi titles lately. Don't know how it
got in my head it was even a Ubisoft game lol. Carry on.

Last edited:
Shit, really? Pardon me then. I'm a bit salty about all the shitty Ubi titles lately. Don't know how it
got in my head it was even a Ubisoft game lol. Carry on.

Monolith basically perfected the Assassin's Creed / Batman formula.

I posted a review last summer after I beat it for the first time. While the game isn't flawless, it looks like Monolith is taking the dedication they had to perfecting the combat and nemesis system to everything else.

I make a habit of NOT getting hyped for games based on previews because of developers over-promising and not coming close to delivering anything close. But I'm buying this game and playing it all the way through at the first opportunity, unless the credible reviews are lackluster.

Monolith basically perfected the Assassin's Creed / Batman formula.

I posted a review last summer after I beat it for the first time. While the game isn't flawless, it looks like Monolith is taking the dedication they had to perfecting the combat and nemesis system to everything else.

I make a habit of NOT getting hyped for games based on previews because of developers over-promising and not coming close to delivering anything close. But I'm buying this game and playing it all the way through at the first opportunity, unless the credible reviews are lackluster.

I will be keeping an eye out. If they nail the environment, have a narrative that's interesting and have missions that are not as cookie cutter on top of the tight game play and nemesis mechanic of the first game I will be all over this too. For now, I remain skeptical though.

I'm wondering if Lithariel is going to be in the game.

tumblr_nffb8m4YJO1rlsez7o4_500.jpg

After she was introduced, I stopped skipping the cutscenes.

Well, I watched the ones with Ratbag and Gollum, but between those three characters if neither was in a cutscene I quickly skipped it.

If she's not in the game, and the story improved dramatically, it'll be a dissapointment.

I'm wondering if Lithariel is going to be in the game.

tumblr_nffb8m4YJO1rlsez7o4_500.jpg

After she was introduced, I stopped skipping the cutscenes.

Well, I watched the ones with Ratbag and Gollum, but between those three characters if neither was in a cutscene I quickly skipped it.

If she's not in the game, and the story improved dramatically, it'll be a dissapointment.

yteah she was pretty legit

Back