Microsoft

I saw an article yesterday saying user Microsoft accounts and Outlook email were exposed and vulnerable to being taken over due to sloppy configuration of Microsoft's website.

Still rocking the Windows 7 here, so glad I never gave in to "upgrade to Windows 10 for free"

because of windows i went to a MacBook,wont be going back.

Yesterday I saw an article about Microsoft Windows 10 operating system update that was supposed to fix something that broke the Start Menu button and didn't even fix the thing it was supposed to.

My computer is now automatically installing some updates.

Considering Microsoft affects so many people including those computers involved in crucial functions, shouldn't these assholes be more competent and held to a reasonably high standard?

What pisses me off the most is the way they switched Office and other programs to a subscription payment model. That's god damn bullshit. Even the games that come with Windows like Solitaire and Minesweeper are full of ads now, its really insane. If you want to remove the ads you have to buy a subscription.

I specifically bought the one time payment full version of Microsoft Office and after an operating system update not long ago, when I launch Excel, it says Office 360. I hope they don't try to extort more money out of me later. If they do, I will switch away to something else.

I specifically bought the one time payment full version of Microsoft Office and after an operating system update not long ago, when I launch Excel, it says Office 360. I hope they don't try to extort more money out of me later. If they do, I will switch away to something else.
'Microsoft Office' and 'Office 360'. Sounds like two distinctive names to me (legally). I'm sure Microsoft will charge you something under the different name. Creative ways to make money and 'fuck' customers over. o_O

fuaz2ZZ.jpg

'Microsoft Office' and 'Office 360'. Sounds like two distinctive names to me (legally). I'm sure Microsoft will charge you something under the different name. Creative ways to make money and 'fuck' customers over. o_O
That's like if you fully paid for a new car and year later they tell you you gotta pay them a few thousand each year to continue using the car. That absolutely cannot be legal and sounds an awful lot like gangster protection money.

Why are we having to activate a Microsoft email account (on new computers) to open Windows now? Plus, you have to keep the email account 'logged in' at all times for the system to work. Sounds like a great way to have a security breach...

I went with a 1080 Ti and Intel I7 7700K.

I play some 4K Saints Row 4 sometimes.

Windows 7 was the best before 10.

Frustration :(

I go back to the time when my first computer ran on Windows 95. Things were so much simpler in those days. I actually had less problems than I do now.

Fast forward to 2018 and my new laptop from Hewlett Packer and Windows 10. I've gone from Sony, to Dell, and now HP. I've been through all the versions of Windows.

My new computer comes with so much software that it eats up my hard-drive space and memory, but there is plenty of both. More than I will ever need since I don't play games. According to the information, I have a new kind of hard drive that is not a disk and does not go in circles. Not really sure how that works.

Took me almost an hour fighting with the system over my stupid email and password with Microsoft. Fuck! I never had to start using a computer and give Microsoft my email and password to unlock the system. Crazy.

Fucking hate updates. Always have. They seem to always mess up my perfectly working system and take up space and memory. I always remove a lot of 'shit' from the system. Stuff I don't need and didn't ask for. What I do need I have to purchase. Software to open Word, anti virus, and System Mechanic - iolo.

Curios to know what others think of this issue, Windows 10, computer brands, and the way things used to be 20 years ago.

Seriously, look into elementary os.

Back