Micronauts, M.A.S.K., Visionaries and Rom Movies in the Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Paramount Creating Hasbro Cinematic Universe with G.I. JOE, MICRONAUTS, M.A.S.K., VISIONARIES and ROM

zUK2UKV.jpg

Hasbro’s cinematic universe has assembled its writers room, with a Pulitzer Prize winner, an Eisner-winning comic book author and Marvel Studios scribes among those who will be clacking the keyboard.

The plan is for the creation of an interconnected onscreen universe featuring Hasbro’s G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM brands.

Michael Chabon, who wrote the novel The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay and worked on Spider-Man 2; Brian K. Vaughan, the creator of seminal comic works Y: The Last Manand Saga and showrunner of Under the Dome; and Guardians of the Galaxyand Captain Marvel co-writer Nicole Perlman, will help develop the Hasbro cinematic universe.

Also in the group are: Lindsey Beer (Kingkiller Chronicle), Cheo Coker (Luke Cage showrunner), John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, (Spider-Man: Homecoming), Joe Robert Cole (People vs. OJ Simpson), Jeff Pinkner (The Dark Tower), Nicole Riegel (Dogfight) and Geneva Robertson (Tomb Raider reboot).

Akiva Goldsman, who won an Oscar for A Beautiful Mind, will oversee the writers room on behalf of Hasbro and Paramount as well as serving as executive producer for all of the films. He is already serving in a similar capacity for Hasbro’s Transformers writers room and the new session is meant to build on its successful fruits and established road map.

Hasbro Cinematic Universe Takes Shape Featuring G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K. and ROM Brands

M.A.S.K. and Visionaries live actions. Sign me up.

Hmmm, a fan of all when I was a kid but I'm afraid this could end up smelling like ass

• Visionaries is in a fictional realm or the past, right? How is that going to fit with everything else?

I don't know what to think. Hopefully they don't try to catch up with Marvel.

Wait...

I loved MASK as a kid. probably not enough to watch a movie about it, but man those toys were awesome.

Dear Lord, please let them reboot G.I. Joe. But very odd pairing of properties.

Rom Spaceknight would have been awesome in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Rom-1.jpg

Out of all five of the Hasbro properties, I'm looking forward to the most is Visionaries. I think it would be a pretty cool fantasy epic standalone movie.

Big fan of the cartoons back in the 80s. This and Inhumanoids went hand-in-hand.

Love the Visionaries' spells:

Whispered secrets of a shattered age,
I summon you, renew this sage.

The arrows turn, the sword rebel,
May nothing pierce this mortal shell.

Sheathe these feet in the driving gale,
Make swift these feet, o’er land I sail.

By what creeps, what crawls, by what does not,
Let all that grows recede and rot.

These rival studios need to pump the breaks, trying to create their own cinematic universe in an attempt to play catchup with Marvel/Disney seems to be counterproductive. First make these movie franchises individually and make sure they're as good as they can be on their own with leaving the possibility of them crossing over in the future. But forcing a cinematic universe before you establish individual brands isn't the way to go about it. Batman v Superman tried to jump over steps 2-7 and its biting them in the butt. The Marvel Cinematic Universe was successful since they made the individual movies count before even thinking about doing the first Avengers movie. Marvel did Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America before Avengers,

Looking forward to MASK & Visionairies. They mismanaged GI Joe.

Micronaughts could be epic, too. Really underrated series.

These rival studios need to pump the breaks, trying to create their own cinematic universe in an attempt to play catchup with Marvel/Disney seems to be counterproductive. First make these movie franchises individually and make sure they're as good as they can be on their own with leaving the possibility of them crossing over in the future. But forcing a cinematic universe before you establish individual brands isn't the way to go about it. Batman v Superman tried to jump over steps 2-7 and its biting them in the butt. The Marvel Cinematic Universe was successful since they made the individual movies count before even thinking about doing the first Avengers movie. Marvel did Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America before Avengers,

I don't think this will be a connected universe.
ROM and Micronauts are amazing stand alone universes.

I only know G.I. Joe and Visionaries but never got super into either. A reeboot of G. I. Joe can be cool, looking forward to Visionaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back