Micro USB cables always failing

I've had issues too, but I use my phone a lot while its plugged in so that's most likely the cause. Still, I'm not replacing every month though.

Changed my youtube search a bit and found some vids about fixing micro usb charging issues. I

So poor manufacturing quality it is. Noted!

You ham fisting a small connection is the problem. My orginal cord from 2.5 years still works fine and I use it while it's plugged in. I'm just mindful not to put a bunch of torque on the connection.

I have an LG G4 as well. It's well known for having problems with the charging input.

I was going through a lot of USB/MicroUSB cables too. I've had this phone for about a year and 4 months and ive gone through maybe 7 usb/micro usb cables. all my old ones got used up then I went on amazon and bought a 3 pack and I haven't had an issue with the new cable yet.

I never had this problem with previous phones and from what I can tell its a G4 issue, it just wears out the ends on your connector or something. They get loose and will start disconnecting at random even when they are plugged in, and then it doesnt charge.

these are the ones i got

i can only say they've worked well for me with no issues yet but you never know

This link to Amazon didn't show up in the post but it shows up as a video link in the reply box. I've noticed this before that Amazon links are switched to video on this site. Anyone else have this happen?

As for the issue at hand, I've never had a micro USB cable fail. I have several pieces of electronics that use them that are over 3 years old.

I buy them from cvs and they swap them with no receipt when I have an issue.

My wife and I are losing our minds. We are each going through a USB cord a month on average. They all fail, they are all garbage. I've tried so many different brands, braided, flat, round, doesn't matter. Eventually all of them loosen and the connector seems to break from it's solder point and we've got to twist the cable around our phones to find a spot where it actually connects.

Anyone else having usb cable problems? What do you do?

It's getting expensive. I'm debating going on Amazon or similar and ordering a bunch of cables or maybe getting a docking station. I don't feel like changing phones. I have 10/10 LG G4 and my wife has an 8 or 9/10 Note 5. Both still work great.

I'm just venting but also looking to see if anyone else is experiencing the same and has any ideas.

Cheers

Micro USB is a piece of shit and whoever designed it should have their ass kicked on a televised broadcast.

My wife and I are losing our minds. We are each going through a USB cord a month on average. They all fail, they are all garbage. I've tried so many different brands, braided, flat, round, doesn't matter. Eventually all of them loosen and the connector seems to break from it's solder point and we've got to twist the cable around our phones to find a spot where it actually connects.

Anyone else having usb cable problems? What do you do?

It's getting expensive. I'm debating going on Amazon or similar and ordering a bunch of cables or maybe getting a docking station. I don't feel like changing phones. I have 10/10 LG G4 and my wife has an 8 or 9/10 Note 5. Both still work great.

I'm just venting but also looking to see if anyone else is experiencing the same and has any ideas.

Cheers

If your G4 varient supports wireless charging, get a wireless charging shell, or you can buy a charging pad off of eBay and mod your existing case. The pads are under $5. I bought a wireless shell for my G4, and it's OK, but at least, I don't put wear on the micro USB port.

I haven't had any micro USB cable fail in years of using various smartphones. Even, the cheap POS cables that came with budget level Black Friday specials have lasted over the years.

You ham fisting a small connection is the problem. My orginal cord from 2.5 years still works fine and I use it while it's plugged in. I'm just mindful not to put a bunch of torque on the connection.
I've had other cords before this phone that have lasted years. Even the one that came with the phone lasted probably a year but since it went the aftermarket cords have been failing at a monthly rate. It's got nothing to do with ham fisting the connection. Same has happened with my wife's phone since her original charger went.

I've had other cords before this phone that have lasted years. Even the one that came with the phone lasted probably a year but since it went the aftermarket cords have been failing at a monthly rate. It's got nothing to do with ham fisting the connection. Same has happened with my wife's phone since her original charger went.

I use my ps4 cord for charging my phone downstairs and the lock up seems very good. Maybe try one of those?

I'm amazed Samsung is still using MicroUSB to recharge their phones. Both the charge port and the input are horrible quality. I've never had a charge port that DIDN'T die on me, needing replacement, and the cables are shit.

Apple's charging - the charge port, the input, the charge speed, the battery life, and they prevent apps from draining the battery - is so significantly better in every way, I can't believe the rest of the industry isn't trying to replicate it, as close as they can without getting sued.

TBF microUSB is the worst of all connectors. The female end had that plastic tab and often breaks. USB-C is reversible, water tight and much more durable.

get a phone with wireless charging before your G4 boot loops..

When you unplug, do you grip the sturdy plug part or yank on the weaker wire? I've seen dumbshits yank the wire as if it ain't going to separate from the plug.

did you seriously pay 30$ for a usb cable
Almost any cable or adapter at Best Buy can cost you $30, but half price elsewhere. I almost bought a Qualcomm USB charging adapter at Best Buy for $29, but found a closer match for what I needed for $9 at Home Depot.

I'm amazed Samsung is still using MicroUSB to recharge their phones. Both the charge port and the input are horrible quality. I've never had a charge port that DIDN'T die on me, needing replacement, and the cables are shit.

Apple's charging - the charge port, the input, the charge speed, the battery life, and they prevent apps from draining the battery - is so significantly better in every way, I can't believe the rest of the industry isn't trying to replicate it, as close as they can without getting sued.

d25ee2ec-3106-46d6-9163-89e8e0fb46b0.jpg._CB311714934_.jpg

Back