Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Titanfall 2

• Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

• Other (specify in post)

• Total voters
Todd Howard (creator of Morrowind, Skyrim, and Fallout 3), tonight's Hall of Fame inductee, just gave the best announcement:
"Okay, I've been fortunate enough to win this awards a few times...mostly by releasing games when Naughty Dog doesn't."

And the developer of Inside just won some GOTY award, and he said, "Wow, this one was unexpected. Okay, thanks."
There was half a dozen speeches tonight that short.

Before that, a winner had said, "I'm a producer, so I didn't actually make this game..." to uproarious laughter as the preface for his statement.

God, I love videogame people. This was literally the opposite of the Hollywood Academy Awards. It's crazy to watch an awards ceremony minus the unbearable narcissism.

Also...
If Overwatch wins GOTY
m79w1De.gif
gDQk9GQ.gif

...is what I wanted to post so badly, just for the shits and giggles, but alas, no, so I'm posting it with a "psyche!" spoiler like a bitch, anyway, it's just so perfect I couldn't let it go. No, indeed, you ain't surprised.

What the fuck is Inside? I've literally never heard of it until this thread, which is odd because I lurk this part of the forum most days, and I usually pop on to ign for a few minutes every day to see if there's anything interesting. So how is it I've never heard of this game before?

Lol @ SFV. How can an incomplete game win GOTY? Popularity counts I guess, but it's sending a wrong message to companies that they can realase crap and still win an award.

What the fuck is Inside? I've literally never heard of it until this thread, which is odd because I lurk this part of the forum most days, and I usually pop on to ign for a few minutes every day to see if there's anything interesting. So how is it I've never heard of this game before?
I'm pretty astonished you haven't, either. It tends to get advertised all across the online stores (PSN, Xbox Live Marketplace, Windows Store, Steam, iTunes, Google Play Store). It's not a AAA, so I'm not sure what its MSRP was.

It's from the same studio that rocked the world with their debut, LIMBO. Uncanny art direction and narrative tone-- a huge aspect of which is the lack of traditional narration. They're cross-platform, and the game doesn't cost much. It's like $12 for the digital code to the PS4 version at Amazon right now.

You play a kid surviving in a post-apocalyptic zombie world, so it's a familiar archetype with a twist on the usual perspective.

lol@ Action Game of the Year

overwatch? Doom shits all over it ..

It's probably a foregone conclusion with these awards that overall GOTY has to win its genre category.

Is Overwatch any good? Isn't it pretty much just an updated take on Team Fortress? I never played TF2, but like 18 years ago TFC for Halflife 1 was my shit.

It's probably a foregone conclusion with these awards that overall GOTY has to win its genre category.

Is Overwatch any good? Isn't it pretty much just an updated take on Team Fortress? I never played TF2, but like 18 years ago TFC for Halflife 1 was my shit.

It is very similar to TF2. It's different though and the most time I've put into an online game since WOW when it first came out. I absolutely love it and every time I think I'm getting bored of it I hope right back in.

It's Team Fortressy, but with a lot more abilities and stuff. If you want to try something similar, you might want to check out Hi-Rez' Paladins. Free to play, and I think I like it better than overwatch.

Overwatch lol.

X-Com 2 making it into the best strategy category ahead of Total Warhammer is laughable as well.

overwatch has balancing issues and lack of content. its ok, but its just not worthy of GOTY

I'm surprised Uncharted 4 only won 4 awards because they love the shit out of Naughty Dog games.

Doom was overrated as fuck. A fun throwback for old school fans, but its not something Id play through again.

Overwatch lol.

X-Com 2 making it into the best strategy category ahead of Total Warhammer is laughable as well.

You need to be force fed a double helping of shut your mouth!!

Doom was overrated as fuck. A fun throwback for old school fans, but its not something Id play through again.

i like overwatch, but i dont think its better then doom. =/

Updated with the Game Developer's Choice Awards winners from several nights ago in Post #3. Different night, same conclusion. DICE and the Developers are aligned.

I also compiled the tallies for most wins and nominations by game, developer, and publisher for the DICE Awards in Post #2.

*Edit* Added The Game Awards from last December in Post #4.

Last edited:
Is Steep really that good? It never was on my Radar.

Back