Mickey Bey vs. Anthony Peterson on August 22 - PBC on FS1

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Former lightweight world champion Mickey Bey (22-2-1, 10 KOs) will face once-beaten contender Anthony Peterson (37-1, 24 KOs) in a 10-round lightweight matchup that headlines Premier Boxing Champions TOE-TO-TOE TUESDAYS on FS1 and BOXEO DE CAMPEONES on FOX Deportes August 22 from Sam's Town Live in Las Vegas in Las Vegas.

Televised coverage begins at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT as part of an exciting week of events presented by Mayweather Promotions and leading up to the Mayweather vs. McGregor showdown on Saturday.

"It's been over a year since I was in the ring and I've had a lot of time to reflect on my career as a fighter and as a man," said Bey. "I realize what's important now and how I can protect my legacy as a fighter. I've put in more work fir this fight than I have for any other and I'm ready to let my performance speak for me. I'm focusing on my mental toughness and my ring IQ and I'm looking to put on a perfect performance on August 22."

The August 22 show will feature a showdown between former world champion Juan Carlos Payano (18-1, 9 KOs) and Phoenix's Alexis Santiago (21-4-1, 8 KOs) in 10 rounds of bantamweight action.

The 34-year-old Bey (22-2-1, 10 KOs), a former world titlist, hasn’t fought in over a year since losing to to Rances Barthelemy in June 2016 via split decision, and has fought only twice in the past two years. His inactivity has been attributed to issues with his promoter (Mayweather Promotions) as well as turning down fights.

"It's been over a year since I was in the ring and I've had a lot of time to reflect on my career as a fighter and as a man," Bey said in a news release. "I realize what's important now and how I can protect my legacy as a fighter. I've put in more work for this fight than I have for any other and I'm ready to let my performance speak for me. I'm focusing on my mental toughness and my ring IQ and I'm looking to put on a perfect performance on Aug. 22."

Peterson (37-1, 24 KOs), has fought only twice in the past two years as well, and will also be coming into this bout after a year-plus layoff. He last appeared on the undercard of Adrien Broner vs. Ashley Theophane.

"I'm just happy to be back in the ring and fighting again," Peterson said in the news release. "I've known Mickey Bey for years and he's a good friend of mine. But business is business and on Aug. 22 I will be all business when I step into the ring."

Back