Mickey Bey Erupts Over Parting of Ways With Floyd Mayweather

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/mickey-bey-erupts-over-parting-ways-with-floyd-mayweather--129346

Bey (22-2-1, 10 KOs) has been inactive since 2016, when he lost a twelve round split decision to Rances Barthelemy.

“I need a promoter. I need to fight,” said Bey to Boxing News.

“How can you go from being a world champion to sitting on your ass for two years not doing a thing when the people looking after you are some of the biggest names in the sport of boxing? I want to fight, but I’ve been so badly managed over these last two years so I’m at the point now where I have to find another direction because this is a short career.”

According to Bey, his activity and attention in the company was largely dependent on personal relationships with Mayweather and some of his close supporters.

mickey was one of the very first guys i met in the business, and i like him. and not everything he says is without merit. however, he has brought a lot of this on himself through some very unwise decisions. he also has screwed over his fair share of people himself. there is plenty of blame to go around.

also, he is a prime example of fighters spending way more than they should thinking the money will be there forever

mickey was one of the very first guys i met in the business, and i like him. and not everything he says is without merit. however, he has brought a lot of this on himself through some very unwise decisions. he also has screwed over his fair share of people himself. there is plenty of blame to go around.

also, he is a prime example of fighters spending way more than they should thinking the money will be there forever
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info
i would elaborate, but i try not to air out too much dirty laundry on here. i certainly get that these guys have to fight considering how short their careers are. but Mickey has been more than a touch difficult to help at times.

Back