Michelle Waterson vs. Tecia Torres Added to UFC 218 in Detroit (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Calvillo certainly looks like a good prospect - trouble is you don't want to rush her into the lions den (not the Shamrock injury fest) too soon and get carved up. Esparza will be a good test though..

Herrig - fair enough but she's got to get a serious win. In my opinion, it's clear they want Michelle to at least challenge for the belt as she has proven to be of interest to the wider public so if she were to win this fight she'll get the shot for sure, if its Tecia then maybe - if I remember right that second fight with Thug Rose was close.
If Waterson wins this fight, I'm sure she gets it. Hell, if Tecia wins it she may get it as well. UFC obviously wants Waterson in a title fight though.

I think if Calvillo beats Esparza and Herrig beats Casey than they should fight for a shot AFTER the winner of Waterson/Torres here. Let's get a line going. It would be nice for Calvillo to get even more fights but the SW division isn't the embodiment of depth.

I think if Calvillo beats Esparza and Herrig beats Casey than they should fight for a shot AFTER the winner of Waterson/Torres here. Let's get a line going. It would be nice for Calvillo to get even more fights but the SW division isn't the embodiment of depth.

Best course of action yep, it's actually nice to see a division just moving along at a steady pace for once. It's become unusual.

It's finally happening!
I've been hoping for this fight since Michelle signed with the UFC.

Tecia got lucky Michelle broker her hand before they got a chance the first time.

7bChmbB.jpg

SMmAaGn.gif

Tecia has 1 FINISH and 1 SUB. In her entire career.

Michelle has more subs than Tecia has wins.

kYi6H4S.jpg

Yeah, in the lower weight category.

Tecia is an ever-developing fighter. Before that, she used her BJJ to neutralize. Now she submitted a BJJ practitioner.
I honestly think she might get good enough to fight for the title one day,

Easy UD for Torres.

Cool fight! I like them both, but I guess I'll vote for Waterson.

With the Ham/Frey at Road FC announcenment and now this, december is starting to form nicely, very nicely indeed.

I felt bad for Michele after getting beat down by Rose. Now I see her as a domestic violence victim. She seems less hot now.

Yeah, in the lower weight category.

Tecia is an ever-developing fighter. Before that, she used her BJJ to neutralize. Now she submitted a BJJ practitioner.
I honestly think she might get good enough to fight for the title one day,

Common misconception. Michelle has only had 5 fights at 105. The rest were all strawweight.

Not that it matters in this case anyway, as Tecia is smaller than just about everyone in the division, including Michelle.

I'm happy that Tecia has been showing more of a desire to finish lately, but Juliana Lima literally gave her neck to Tecia with that moronic single-leg attempt. I would have been mad if Tecia DIDN'T take her back and sub her!

Anyway, can't wait for this fight. Potential FOTN.

Easy UD for Torres.

Nahhh. Rose outstruck Tecia and Waterson outstuck Rose until the headkick. Torres doesn't have the ability to finish with strikes like that. Michelle will outclass Tecia on the feet and submit her if it goes to the ground.

Zero doubt in my mind.

Torres by UD. Is Waterson that good off her back? She better be.

If Waterson wins this fight, I'm sure she gets it. Hell, if Tecia wins it she may get it as well. UFC obviously wants Waterson in a title fight though.

Rose fucked her world up though.

It'll be Calvillo if she wins her next fight.

Who else is there really?

Great card by the way, the addition of Michelle satisfies a certain niche too...

Calvillo, Andrade possibly if she picks up another fast win.

Calvillo certainly looks like a good prospect - trouble is you don't want to rush her into the lions den (not the Shamrock injury fest) too soon and get carved up. Esparza will be a good test though..

Herrig - fair enough but she's got to get a serious win, she looked like an amateur against PVZ and I cant get that imagine of her out of my head and there are many competing images of her in my head....

In my opinion, it's clear they want Michelle to at least challenge for the belt as she has proven to be of interest to the wider public so if she were to win this fight she'll get the shot for sure, if its Tecia then maybe - if I remember right that second fight with Thug Rose was close.

Calvillo has already leapfrogged the rankings to number 7 with only 3 fights and one ranked opponent. If she gets 4 in a row, no one in the division besides the champ will have a win streak that strong. Between a win streak and ranking, They either rush her to the title shot, or feed her to #s 1-5, which could derail her getting a chance for a while. Time to prove she's more than hype and favorable matchups.

Torres by UD. Is Waterson that good off her back? She better be.

??? Yeah, because Torres is such a takedown machine :rolleyes:

Torres takes it.

She definitely beat Rose (BS decision IMO) and Michelle hasn't looked very impressive.

Calvillo, Andrade possibly if she picks up another fast win.

Calvillo has already leapfrogged the rankings to number 7 with only 3 fights and one ranked opponent. If she gets 4 in a row, no one in the division besides the champ will have a win streak that strong. Between a win streak and ranking, They either rush her to the title shot, or feed her to #s 1-5, which could derail her getting a chance for a while. Time to prove she's more than hype and favorable matchups.

??? Yeah, because Torres is such a takedown machine :rolleyes:
She took down Hill who is a lot bigger than the atomweight Waterson. So yeah. Waterson is getting taken down in this fight. If it stays standing, Torres by UD she's faster and stronger it really doesn't matter where the fight takes place.

She took down Hill who is a lot bigger than the atomweight Waterson. So yeah. Waterson is getting taken down in this fight.
One fight does not make a style. Try actually watching fights, instead of posting so much rubbish.

Back