Michael Venom Page is now a boxer

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC superstar Conor McGregor will face 49-0 great Floyd Mayweather in his first professional boxing contest in Las Vegas on August 26.

But Page will be taking things much more slowly after signing a deal with Haye’s Hayemaker-Ringstar promotional company.

“He’s an absolute weapon and I’ve never seen anything like it. I would say he is capable of going well beyond the British title.

“I believe, 100 per cent, that he can win a legitimate world title.

“He needs time like anyone but you’ll see in the first few fights what he’s capable of.

“He doesn’t want to hang around for too long - he wants big names now and I’d say within three to four years, he has the capabilities of winning world titles.”

Super-middleweight Page joins GB Olympians Joe Joyce and Qais Ashfaq as well as promising Scottish fighter Willy Hutchinson in an exciting batch of signings for Haye.

The Hayemaker has secured a three-year deal with TV channel Dave, who will broadcast five fights a year.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/bo...om-MMA-Boxing-Conor-McGregor-Floyd-Mayweather

DEjqvK0VYAAZeS7.jpg

Good for him. This is a great deal to not have to go to Russia and fight in bum places and then hope for a deal like this

Page has the speed, reflexes, power and accuracy to be a great boxer, he really does. He has a great frame too, he's super tall and long yet he's fast and has KO power. That being said, that's ALL HE HAS. I know he's trained off and on with DeGale and Eubank Jr over the last few years but his stance is all wrong, he has a Karate and Kung Fu background, his footwork is nowhere near boxing ready, his shot selection in boxing will be terrible at this point, he has a lifetime of bad tendencies and Page's striking in MMA has been exposed when guys stick to him on the inside already. Page's style is very Karate, he needs a lot of space to be effective and a cage allows more angles and more space which allows him to thrive, a ring though which is smaller with starkly closed angles....did you guys see what happened to Raymond Daniels in kickboxing vs Holzken and Valetellini?

Maybe Page can put in 2-3 years of work, get 10-12 fights under his belt and be ready for a title fight similar to how Ryan Ford did from MMA (Ford was going to fight for the IBO title against Igor Mikhalkin 20-1 before he got into a lawsuit with his management, now he's taking bear knuckle fights just to make money). But from what I understand, Page is just taking a few boxing bouts on the regional level for fun because Daley won't be ready to fight him until January per Coker.

Also, it's just a little late for Page to be making the transition isn't it? He's already 31.....Ford did it at 33 though hahaha.

a clever move by him, mma was just stalling him, he can always come back with more boxing experience and more $$ on his banking account

Page has the speed, reflexes, power and accuracy to be a great boxer, he really does. He has a great frame too, he's super tall and long yet he's fast and has KO power. That being said, that's ALL HE HAS. I know he's trained off and on with DeGale and Eubank Jr over the last few years but his stance is all wrong, he has a Karate and Kung Fu background, his footwork is nowhere near boxing ready, his shot selection in boxing will be terrible at this point, he has a lifetime of bad tendencies and Page's striking in MMA has been exposed when guys stick to him on the inside already. Page's style is very Karate, he needs a lot of space to be effective and a cage allows more angles and more space which allows him to thrive, a ring though which is smaller with starkly closed angles....did you guys see what happened to Raymond Daniels in kickboxing vs Holzken and Valetellini?

Maybe Page can put in 2-3 years of work, get 10-12 fights under his belt and be ready for a title fight similar to how Ryan Ford did from MMA (Ford was going to fight for the IBO title against Igor Mikhalkin 20-1 before he got into a lawsuit with his management, now he's taking bear knuckle fights just to make money). But from what I understand, Page is just taking a few boxing bouts on the regional level for fun because Daley won't be ready to fight him until January per Coker.

Also, it's just a little late for Page to be making the transition isn't it? He's already 31.....Ford did it at 33 though hahaha.
Had the same thoughts when I read the news... going into kickboxing with a Karate background I would understand but boxing? Completely different ball game.

Had the same thoughts when I read the news... going into kickboxing with a Karate background I would understand but boxing? Completely different ball game.

0 take downs for him to worry about though.
If you can't stop a take down when you're 30 top level MMA isn't for you.

More interested in Joe Joyce to be honest.
He's old at 32 but still has potential to be a high level heavyweight.

Boxing is where the money is and like I've said, Page has been training with elite boxers in the UK for a couple years now, sparring with James DeGale and Chris Eubank Jr. He obviously is in good relations with David Haye and Derek Chisora ( I know they did some training and shot a video together anyways).

Also honestly, stance suits him better for boxing than kickboxing. Page's long stance in boxing leaves his opponents with minimum area to strike, where in kickboxing he'd just get his fucking body and lead leg kicked off. I really think Page should be sticking to MMA, he still has minimum experience and hasn't fought anyone good in MMA...I mean what the fuck? Also these Karate guys really know how to utilize the full area/space of an open cage, I think that's a big reason you see guys like Machida beat elite level kickboxers in MMA standing.

He might as well seeing as there aren't any great match ups for him in Bellator at the moment.

Coker already announced this a little while ago. MVP wants to stay active and Coker told him he can box or kickbox in between his MMA bouts. MVP picked boxing

I don't hear him calling out anyone else, sounds like he knew Daley was not interested in fighting him or something. Otherwise he would simply pick another tough fighter.
Rory is gonna get the title shot next, Koreshkov is fighting Chidi, Ward is fighting Gonzalez, Andre Santos hasn't fought in years, and anybody else would be a step down in competition. Maybe he could call out someone like Neiman Gracie, Dillon Danis, or Koscheck.

Rory is gonna get the title shot next, Koreshkov is fighting Chidi, Ward is fighting Gonzalez, Andre Santos hasn't fought in years, and anybody else would be a step down in competition. Maybe he could call out someone like Neiman Gracie, Dillon Danis, or Koscheck.
When did Page last fight? And you are telling me everyone is booked up since then? No.

Id prefer to see him in Bellator KB but this is good too. Keeps him active and provides more money options.

Dude barely fights mma, fights cans, doesnt fought top guys, is injured and pulls out of fights and now is gonna box instead of taking an mma fight.

At one point it did look like MVP was on his way to maybe being a big star, that train has slowed down to crawl though.

Back