Michael Ping on Wonderboy Banning Kicks to Knee: This Is MMA, Go Back to Karate

Can't say I disagree with ping. Learn to adapt. Especially wonderboys easy to exploit stance for them. Just shades of rampage bitching about wrestlers while refusing to diversify all over again. Just this guys opinion though.

It's a stupid technique to allow if you're interested in the long term future of MMA. If its successful (A ligament tear) it usually doesn't end the fight right away. But it puts the affected fighter out for a year.

Bispoing just defending a fellow scolly.

Every post I make takes me to a blank page. Why?
What the fuck is a scolly?

Another bisping thread where his words are taken out of context, he isn't stirring beef or even being outspoken, he's literally agreeing with almost everyone.
He said he loves wonderboy, he's a great guy and an excellent fighter but he has to disagree on this subject, you can damage a head with a kick, an arm with an arm bar so on and so on, it's the fight game, if you ban one thing because it can cause lasting damage then you'll have to ban everything.

People are so desperate to hate the man they'll happily twist his words or take them out of context just to create another "fuck bisping" thread. I hope none of you cunts ever get called up for jury duty, dramatic pricks.
I love Bisping. Lighten up fella

Another bisping thread where his words are taken out of context, he isn't stirring beef or even being outspoken, he's literally agreeing with almost everyone.
He said he loves wonderboy, he's a great guy and an excellent fighter but he has to disagree on this subject, you can damage a head with a kick, an arm with an arm bar so on and so on, it's the fight game, if you ban one thing because it can cause lasting damage then you'll have to ban everything.

People are so desperate to hate the man they'll happily twist his words or take them out of context just to create another "fuck bisping" thread. I hope none of you cunts ever get called up for jury duty, dramatic pricks.

And a scolly is a character from XFiles

And a scolly is a character from XFiles
That's a scully, and we don't have them here

Steven, 'LittleBoy' Thompson. One of the most overrated fighters* in the UFC

*Ballet dancers

Although MMA is a sport, it is also a spectacle. Those kicks add nothing to the entertaining of the sport, rather the contrary: fighters using it actually don't commit to anything else, which makes the fight boring. Few fighters use it as a set-up for anything else. But, fighters should also know how to defend this technique, nothing forbids them to do so. They do it in savate, why cannot an mma fighter learn how to defend them?

There is a difference though. You can tap to an armbar, you can recover from a KO normally pretty fast. Nothing compares to that instant kick. You can't tap to it, it happen so fast. I get fighters are trying to do damage but willingly doing a technique they know might end a career or cause years of healing and that fighter not making a living etc. Not good on them and should be banned. Again you can tap to everything else and his eye injury is a rare thing to happen.
There is a good chance you never fully recover from a KO.

How many people have gotten permanent injuries from oblique kicks?

How many people have shot themselves and their families from absorbing too many oblique kicks?

Can't say I disagree with ping. Learn to adapt. Especially wonderboys easy to exploit stance for them. Just shades of rampage bitching about wrestlers while refusing to diversify all over again. Just this guys opinion though.

And the same technique when he fought Jones.

It sounds like Thompson is frustrated that he couldn't get into a rhythm and his opponents obviously know not to stay in range of one of his head kicks. Think he needs to start adding some different skills to his skill-set.

tumblr_pam7e0qwbN1xxavtvo1_400.gif

Darren Till "spinning back kick is too dangerous, it should be banned"

Not trolling here.

Are you then in favor of knees to the heads of downed opponents, such as a wrestler who failed a takedown ?

very good point, UFC 's ruleset fits wrestlers,because it is the main profile of american fighters

Thompson gets saltier by the day.

There's a reason why you keep losing close fights bro, you're too passive.

Last edited:
Wonderboy comes from a more organized sport background where those kicks are banned. Teach them in kids classes and you'll get a bunch of cripples. MMA isn't organized at all, no one oversees it with competency, and it's a tough man sport, so you'll get these meathead responses.

Never heard an English man referred to as a scolly. And im English

Not trolling here.
Are you then in favor of knees to the heads of downed opponents, such as a wrestler who failed a takedown ?

Thats one of the things that I don't like as well. Fighters who are hurt under UFC (unified rules) try to tuck their head up their opponents balls (disguised as a failed single) to recover.

There’s a lot of sandy vaginas here given that the thread is just about two fighters with mutual admiration who happen to have opposing opinions on a single aspect of MMA.

It’s not like one of them said anything about immigration policy or something.

Back