Michael Page UFC

Instead of moving up the WW ranks in Bellator, MVP fought a lightweight and went boxing against two complete cans. No way he even wants to go to the UFC.

Bellator has just as many top guys

He might be better off in boxing honestly. Hes so lanky

that why he never leave bellator. why leave bellator when he can box guys who are 1/10 and 1/6

Has nothing to do with Bellator. Bellator has much better guys as opponents they just give him favourable match ups. Could be absolutely the same in the UFC. Sage is the best example. Rickels was a step up (he is not bad) but he was at the end of his career.

The elite of Bellator is every bit as good as UFC (less deep) and Rory would make easy work of Woodley again. If Page wanted he could fight absolute killers in Bellator. The days of UFC > everything are long gone with some exceptions.

The best WW at the moment imo is by a wide margin Rory McDonald. The odds would be great in his favour vs. the UFC top5 at the moment.

Could see him beating Colby personally, he's looked good enough on the ground that I don't think Colby would threaten him so it would be winning a decision as his only route and Page does have a lot more counter ability than RDA. His less active wins are basically when opponents give up and just look to avoid being countered.
the delusion....

MVP is legit imo but Colby would ragdoll him

He's 6'3 which is huge for a WW, and he's got more power in his hands than Wonderboy, while his movement and speed is probably even better than Wonderboy's (who is also smaller btw at only 6'0).

People underestimate him at this point, he's no joke, he might get beat by wrestlers, but he also might embarrass them on the feet, who knows. For example Woodley is 5'9 or smaller and 36 years old, I wouldn't be too surprised if MVP caught him with a flying knee or a punch

He's 6'3 which is huge for a WW, and he's got more power in his hands than Wonderboy, while his movement and speed is probably even better than Wonderboy's (who is also smaller btw at only 6'0).

People underestimate him at this point, he's no joke, he might get beat by wrestlers, but he also might embarrass them on the feet, who knows. For example Woodley is 5'9 or smaller and 36 years old, I wouldn't be too surprised if MVP caught him with a flying knee or a punch

There is a reason why MVP is the only fighter in the world who doesn't want to fight for the title. If he really wanted Bellator might give him an immediate title fight or at the very least a title eliminator fight against one of the top guys. But he doesn't want to because he knows he isn't on that level & that he just easily can crush cans for the rest of his career for solid cash.

To compare him to Wonderboy or Woodley is an absolute joke. Fighting is relative, if you have one mediocre fighter and one terrible fighter, the mediocre fighter will look better than he is. MVP looking good against mediocre competition doesn't tell you anything about his chances against elite guys. You only get credit for what you did in your career, not based on assumptions.

the delusion....

MVP is legit imo but Colby would ragdoll him

Again though Colby isn't exactly a monster on the ground is he? I could see him getting Page down certainly but not sure he'd threaten him, meanwhile Page just needs to time one counter. The way Colby moves forward is IMHO potentially vulnerable to that, he doesn't really time shots just hustles under the cover of quite sloppy striking.

RDA is not a natural counter fighter, his game is to hustle just like Colby, albeit more based on striking but still he isn't something who looks to catch opponents on the way in often.

He hasn't even fought the best guys in Bellator yet you want to send him over to the UFC for just the hell of it?

Let's see how he does vs. Paul Daley and then go from there. Oh yeah, he fought that goofball David Rickels who walks out with plastic Flintstones props and leopard spotted suits to Mark Morrison "Return of the Mack" and yet you think beating those kinda guys gets him in? Okay..

Page doesn't even care if he gets the belt or not, he's got some kind of agreement with Scott Coker to give him easy matchups for a good paycheck.

You might wanna stick to watching Bellator because they will keep you entertained with feeding MVP cans so you can come on here and post threads like this badgering us about why he belongs in the UFC. Get real, dude.

Gotta be honest, I think he puts on a clinic vs Daley. People don't want to admit it, but MVP's style is very hard to figure out, even more so as a striker. He has fantastic distance control, timing, footwork, ranginess and great reflexes. A wrestler could cause him problems, but wrestlers have their weaknesses too. His control of distance and footwork will get him out of trouble more often than not. It will be interesting to see him againt a top grappler though. Isn't he an accomplished BJJ artist too though?

As a huge MVP fan, I am immensely saddened by his career choices. :(

Again though Colby isn't exactly a monster on the ground is he? I could see him getting Page down certainly but not sure he'd threaten him, meanwhile Page just needs to time one counter. The way Colby moves forward is IMHO potentially vulnerable to that, he doesn't really time shots just hustles under the cover of quite sloppy striking.

RDA is not a natural counter fighter, his game is to hustle just like Colby, albeit more based on striking but still he isn't something who looks to catch opponents on the way in often.
Colby is a monster on the ground, especially for a guy like MVP whos strength isn't his grappling. He can submit lower level fighters but that doesn't necessarily means his grappling is legit....

the matchup reminds of Chael vs Anderson

Page will never fight in the UFC. He wants to fight cans and only cans. He has no intentions of ever fighting a contender. Especially in boxing. He can fight guys like 1-5.

Colby is a monster on the ground, especially for a guy like MVP whos strength isn't his grappling. He can submit lower level fighters but that doesn't necessarily means his grappling is legit....

the matchup reminds of Chael vs Anderson

Remind me who won those fights?

I mean I wouldn't be confident as a lot with Page is still very untested but Colby for me is far from a monster on the ground, indeed he'd not even been very good at keeping control recently nevermind actually attacking.

Last edited:
Remind me who won those fights?

I mean I wouldn't be confident as a lot with Page is still very untested but Colby for me is far from a monster on the ground, indeed he'd not even been very good at keeping control recently nevermind actually attacking.
Don't think MVP is on the level of Anderson Silva during the Sonnen fights...
Even if he is we'll never find out if he doesn't fight better competitiion.

Colby had 'problems' controlling his opponents because he fought some of the best fighters the divison has to offer, especially on the ground.
Don't think MVP would look like he does if he fought Till or Wonderboy or even Daley.

Don't think MVP is on the level of Anderson Silva during the Sonnen fights...
Even if he is we'll never find out if he doesn't fight better competitiion.

Colby had 'problems' controlling his opponents because he fought some of the best fighters the divison has to offer, especially on the ground.
Don't think MVP would look like he does if he fought Till or Wonderboy or even Daley.

Not sure I see Page getting up as easily as RDA its true but he has actually looked pretty good grappling wise, a lot better than someone like Wonderboy IMHO whilst Colby hasn't really looked as good as Sonnen to be in terms of control/GnP.

Standing how Page does vs a top level kickboxer is definitely a bit of an unknown but in some ways to me he actually seems better suited to grapplers than Silva was. Anderson's game was generally built on engaging opponents and outgunning them, Page to me seems much more geared to landing fight ending one shot counters on opponents chasing him.

I love watching MVP fight. I want to see him fight Douglas Lima. You just know both guys will stand and bang the entire time. Can MVP take those viscous leg kicks???

I love watching MVP fight. I want to see him fight Douglas Lima. You just know both guys will stand and bang the entire time. Can MVP take those viscous leg kicks???
Who knows. They are extremely viscous

Has nothing to do with Bellator. Bellator has much better guys as opponents they just give him favourable match ups. Could be absolutely the same in the UFC. Sage is the best example. Rickels was a step up (he is not bad) but he was at the end of his career.

The elite of Bellator is every bit as good as UFC (less deep) and Rory would make easy work of Woodley again. If Page wanted he could fight absolute killers in Bellator. The days of UFC > everything are long gone with some exceptions.

The best WW at the moment imo is by a wide margin Rory McDonald. The odds would be great in his favour vs. the UFC top5 at the moment.

you ment to say the cans in belaltor are better than the ones in the ufc.

I agree rory makes mvp look like a bum that why mvp never fights any one who the risk of beating him.

he the male cris cyborg.

you ment to say the cans in belaltor are better than the ones in the ufc.

I agree rory makes mvp look like a bum that why mvp never fights any one who the risk of beating him.

he the male cris cyborg.

"Cans" are cans. And who is Cyborg ducking? Really you are calling someone who fought Jorina Baars in MT a duck?. There is no fighter Cyborg could duck at the moment and back then well I only remember Rousey and Dana starting their smear campaign against her when the fight could have been made.

"Cans" are cans. And who is Cyborg ducking? Really you are calling someone who fought Jorina Baars in MT a duck?. There is no fighter Cyborg could duck at the moment and back then well I only remember Rousey and Dana starting their smear campaign against her when the fight could have been made.

cyborg ducked ronda to fight the woman they gave her with invicta. cris ducked cat to fight leslie smith, cris ducked cat again to fight tonya, cris ducked nunes to fight the can she did at ufc 222.

so mvp maie can crusher verson of cris cyborg.

This place in a nutshell:
- Complain about boring lay and pray wrestlers.
- Want a wrestler to lay and pray one of the most exciting strikers to come along in recent years.
We just want to see if he's good enough to beat a lay and pray wrestler.

Back