Michael Page has been a pro MMA since 2011

ewww21

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
And has never excaped the title of prospect, constantly fights cans, and doesn't have any intention on going for a title fight.

Whenever he KOs some journey man or green can in "spectacular fashion" I just can't bring myself to care. In fact, I'm angered by the fact that the industry even pays him attention and hypes him up.

If you could have him fight ONE legit fight in MMA to watch him get sonned, who would it be? He's a circus act.

I mean if the objective is just for him to get sonned, Usman.

Crazy to think that Jon Jones became UFC world champion only 3 years after his first MMA fight. There really are levels to this thing

LOL
Zuffa zombies are so envious right now.....

The shortcuts because someone is famous is something UFC does...
Bellator is doing it the right way.
Let him slowly climb through the rankings.

LOL
Zuffa zombies are so envious right now.....

The shortcuts because someone is famous is something UFC does...
Bellator is doing it the right way.
Let him slowly climb through the rankings.
"Slowly climb through the rankings"

What a fucking joke lmao. The UFC reject all went to Bellator and got title shots or the title itself within a year or two of joining.

He's over here fighting cans with a record of 1-5...

What a bum.

He is even has several custom made, high profile strikers to match up with: Daley, Larkin, Lima. Or he could even fight Joe Schilling at a catchweight.

He called out Paula Daley for nearly a year, no one wants to fight MVP either.

"Slowly climb through the rankings"

What a fucking joke lmao. The UFC reject all went to Bellator and got title shots or the title itself within a year or two of joining.

He's over here fighting cans with a record of 1-5...

What a bum.

I’m not sure Rory MacDonald or Gegard Mousasi can be appropriately qualified as “UFC rejects”. If they are, than so is 90% of the UFC roster.

Bader’s not a reject. Phil Davis? (Didn’t he go to Bellator?).

Who are these “rejects”, and what do you mean by that term?

If reject is intended to mean those fighters “rejected” bullshit fight purses and the Reebok deal, then I suppose I would agree with you there.

If “reject” is intended to mean “rejected” for not being appropriately skilled... well... wow... I wouldn’t know what to say.

It sounds like blind brand loyalty, perhaps?

MVP will use the infinity gauntlet on the whole UFC roster and then capture the belt with a pokeball. And you will like it TS.

My guess would be that MVP is getting paid solid $ for being a flamboyant and spectacular finisher, if he can make that $ by beating potato cans and fighting guys past their prime why even bother vs'ing athletic, in their prime wrestlers

I’m not sure Rory MacDonald or Gegard Mousasi can be appropriately qualified as “UFC rejects”. If they are, than so is 90% of the UFC roster.

Bader’s not a reject. Phil Davis? (Didn’t he go to Bellator?).

Who are these “rejects”, and what do you mean by that term?

If reject is intended to mean those fighters “rejected” bullshit fight purses and the Reebok deal, then I suppose I would agree with you there.

If “reject” is intended to mean “rejected” for not being appropriately skilled... well... wow... I wouldn’t know what to say.

It sounds like blind brand loyalty, perhaps?
I just meant people who aren't in the UFC or haven't got a snowballs chance in hell of winning the title again so they left.

All of the dudes that went to BeLLator were top fighters in their division.

But they mostly either didn't have a spot to claim, or were fed up with Dana. They left, but that means they aren't fighting the best anymore. They're now a big fish in a small pond; maybe sans Benson.

And Benson is still really good. But he doesn't finish fights and that's been a criticism his whole career. Whereas he's been on the receiving end of a few decisions as a champ, he doesn't seem to be carrying that fervor to Bellator.

Edit: Forgot Roy Nelson, Frank Mir, Matt Mitrione, Wanderlei, Tito, Sonnen, Rampage, and Josh Koshcheck all went to Bellator. Maybe not ALL were top fighters.

didn't that guy retire from mma and go to boxing instead

I just meant people who aren't in the UFC or haven't got a snowballs chance in hell of winning the title again so they left.

All of the dudes that went to BeLLator were top fighters in their division.

But they mostly either didn't have a spot to claim, or were fed up with Dana. They left, but that means they aren't fighting the best anymore. They're now a big fish in a small pond; maybe sans Benson.

And Benson is still really good. But he doesn't finish fights and that's been a criticism his whole career. Whereas he's been on the receiving end of a few decisions as a champ, he doesn't seem to be carrying that fervor to Bellator.

That sounds much more balanced.

Although I do think Mousasi could hold a title in the UFC, no question.

I also think pre-Lawler MacDonald could as well, although I can’t imaging how he could ever be the same after that car-accident of a fight. I’m concerned Lawler beat the prime right out of him. God damned shame he only got ~60K, or some similarly silly figure, for a fight of the year that gave him a TBI and likely took 5 years off his life...

Ah, the daily UFC shills vent about Michael Page thread

So, he doesn't fight bums?

His last couple opponents have been solid fighters made to look like bums, or atleast in Rickels case, by MVP. Gonzalez put up a better match.

Not that a shill would admit it even if they knew what they were talking about in regards to the guys he fought.

Now go crazy for Israel who has beaten cans(while losing rounds to them) but is the next Jon Jones.

I have been very impressed by MVP, especially against Caveman. However, I would like to see how he would fare against better competition.

……..and damn, did you see the x-rays of Cyborg Santos' skull? I thought that guy was dead in the cage that night. MVP left the impression of his knee in the forehead. Gruesome.

Back