Michael Page becoming free agent

Well since he has 2 fights left on his Bellator contract, 1 vs Derek Anderson... Hopefully his last fight with Bellator is against a top contender, so if he loses, his free agent value won't be quite as high haha but also so we get to see him versus a legit fighter, Bellator has avoided giving him Lima or Koreshkov now for what 4 years? Honestly I want to see him fight Chidi Njokuani the most though, both tall lengthy super athletic strikers, good match up.

sick of hearing about this dude. hes wasting his career and his prime fighting cans.

Harsh but true. I dont think its possible to extrapolate from his Bellator fights how he would do in the UFC. We see this all the time. People come in with perfect records and lose the first fight in the octagon

You think Coker didn't think of that matchup or something? Daley doesn't really want the fight...not when he can fight guys like Rory.

Please link it so it can be bumped later.
Nowhere did I imply Coker didnt think of it. He sat between them when MVP called him out. Of course Daley would take the fight that would benefit his career. MVP should also have the benefit of fighting bigger names.

Would be great if he wants to make the jump, or he can stay in Bellator where the competition is easier and he can keep getting highlights.
What I don't get is why they're letting one of the most fan-friendly, exciting, marketable fighters keep fighting these guys who really don't pose too much of a threat. They never seem to move him up the rankings or get him in line for a title shot. Da fuck is Bellator thinking? Even if he loses, they gotta give him the chance. Otherwise, he won't be too keen on re-signing with them when the time comes, and they could lose a potential star to the UFC or someone else.

"the kid" is 30, how long you want to build him up?

Knowing how moronic the UFC is, they will probably feed him to the wolves just to prove a point about bellator the kid has the potential to go far, but he needs to take his time in my opinion, he should sign one more time with bellator and then move to the UFC.
He will have had 14 fights. How much freaking time does someone need?

MVP v Khabib at Welterweight in the battle of "who has the most padded record"

Would be great if he wants to make the jump, or he can stay in Bellator where the competition is easier and he can keep getting highlights.
Chris Leben [On Silva]: "I'm going to send him back to Japan where the competition is weaker."

His idea is to continue to fight people he's expected to beat and never challenge for the title or earn a better pay day?

Somehow I doubt that
Who says he is not getting a good payday, I have no idea. But he brings in ratings with these great KOs so he may get paid well.

Another thing to consider is that I think MVP actually has some decent sponsors, so that could also play a part in deciding between the ufc and bellator.

For most fighters, sponsors have pretty much dried up, but for a guy like MVP I think he has some good ones.

Who says he is not getting a good payday, I have no idea. But he brings in ratings with these great KOs so he may get paid well.
They've never marketed him until the Cyborg KO. Before that, even with his insane highlight reel, they just kinda ignored him. He had hype before he even signed with Bellator. Probably more than some of their current champs have now, actually. But a payday he is not getting.

Bellator may have to offer him a title shot to entice him to sign. Problem is, he doesn't beat the WW champ, especially if it's Rory.

So bellator protected this assclown to go sign with another company. Dude is flashy as hell but he struggled with 2 below average bellator fighters.

Could be wrong but if he becomes champ in Bellator, a clause could kick in with his contract making it harder to leave.

I dont think is that difficult, Will Brooks left Bellator as LW champ at the time, he hasnt been that successful in the UFC tho.

I think the dude is worth whatever the UFC will give him, he could be a huge star. Love watchin him fight. However, I can already hear the distant calls for Conor vs. MVP and God help us all!!! I wouldn't survive the promotional tour. Two dandies going toe to toe on foppishness, milkin it to the nines. Nahhh

But man would that fight have the chance to be awesome!!!! This place would be intolerable though.

Nowhere did I imply Coker didnt think of it. He sat between them when MVP called him out. Of course Daley would take the fight that would benefit his career. MVP should also have the benefit of fighting bigger names.

Except Daley already said after that conference or whatever that he didn't want the fight. Essentially said MVP isn't on his level and that he (Daley) wants fights against guys like Rory and not 30 year old prospects.

Back