Michael Page becoming free agent

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
20150720063100_1DX_3171.JPG

Bellator MMA’s Michael Page possesses arguably one of the most impressive highlight reels in MMA today. The British star has managed to rack up an impressive 12-0 professional record while racking up numerous highlights reel knockouts, most notably his flying knee KO win over Cyborg Santos nearly a year ago.

While Michael Page has remained under the Bellator MMA banner over the last three years, ‘Venom’ has just two fights left on his Bellator MMA contract, and admittedly, he isn’t quite sure what will be his next move.He spoke to Champions.co:

“I honestly don’t know. Obviously, it’s a tough decision and position to be in. I’ve talked to all my loved ones, and it’s difficult, man. Everyone has their different views and stuff. When the time comes, I’ll really look into making that decision. For the minute, Bellator is home, and I’m just going to get on with it. I’m going to focus on Derek Anderson and nothing else.”

“I believe I’ve just got two more. I got this one [against Anderson] and then another one. Then, we will see. We will see what happens, man. I could well be a free agent. I have to keep my focus, though. I can’t look ahead, because if I were to lose this fight badly, then that changes things in a big way. I just have to do what I do best and put people away and entertain at the same time.”

Page is currently gearing up for his upcoming Bellator London scrap with Derek Anderson in May, That fight will serve as the co-main event behind a main event scrap between Paul Daley vs. Rory MacDonald.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/michael-page/michael-page-becoming-free-agent/

---------------------------------

Knowing how moronic the UFC is, they will probably feed him to the wolves just to prove a point about bellator the kid has the potential to go far, but he needs to take his time in my opinion, he should sign one more time with bellator and then move to the UFC.

Would be great if he wants to make the jump, or he can stay in Bellator where the competition is easier and he can keep getting highlights.

Cant wait to see him in the UFC. Guy is a stud and someone might die!!!

sick of hearing about this dude. hes wasting his career and his prime fighting cans.

Would be great if he wants to make the jump, or he can stay in Bellator where the competition is easier and he can keep getting highlights.

UFC's WW division isn't that much better than Bellators. He's probably going to fight one more can after anderson and then go to the UFC where he can show off his shit on a bigger stage.

UFC's WW division isn't that much better than Bellators. He's probably going to fight one more can after anderson and then go to the UFC where he can show off his shit on a bigger stage.

If the UFC is smart they will give him good match ups like they did with Conor early on.

He's incredible. He should try to win gold in Bellator. That would be the best way to transition and make money in the ufc.

They will give him good WW´s eventually, AK, Lima, Daley, Rory are all legit, having said that, he needs to get better competition, crushing cans can only go so far.

He's incredible. He should try to win gold in Bellator. That would be the best way to transition and make money in the ufc.

If he win's gold in Bellator I think that locks him into Bellator. He's going to want to fight a can again probably. I think if he wanted gold in Bellator, he would've went for it a few fights ago, but he's purposely fighting cans to get out of his contract quick and safe so he can go to the UFC.

Bring him over and let him get a highlight ko on Perry

Dude just went to split decision with Fernando Gonzalez (who?)
He's fun as hell but he's not as good as people think he is.

If he win's gold in Bellator I think that locks him into Bellator. He's going to want to fight a can again probably. I think if he wanted gold in Bellator, he would've went for it a few fights ago, but he's purposely fighting cans to get out of his contract quick and safe so he can go to the UFC.
It locks you into contract, only if you sign to be locked into contract as champion. Not every contract is the same.. Note how Lombard and Alvarez came over. Eddies not a great example lol, seeing as it took forever. But Askren left as champion too. And the Russian Hw. It happens in Bellator

Maybe 2-3yrs ago I would advice him to make that move to the UFC, but this new UFC I'm afraid he would get lost in their bullshit new system and approach to match making.

Knowing how moronic the UFC is, they will probably feed him to the wolves just to prove a point about bellator the kid has the potential to go far, but he needs to take his time in my opinion, he should sign one more time with bellator and then move to the UFC.

It won't prove a thing about Bellator. The guy has had 8 fights in Bellator and has yet to face one of their top fighters. The way he has been protected is insane.

I don't think he wants any part of UFC competition unless they threw a lot of money at him.

I'm hoping he makes the transition to the UFC. UFC would probably do a horrible job of marketing him though, even though he did crack a guy's skull with his knee.

I think the dude is worth whatever the UFC will give him, he could be a huge star. Love watchin him fight. However, I can already hear the distant calls for Conor vs. MVP and God help us all!!! I wouldn't survive the promotional tour. Two dandies going toe to toe on foppishness, milkin it to the nines. Nahhh

It won't prove a thing about Bellator. The guy has had 8 fights in Bellator and has yet to face one of their top fighters. The way he has been protected is insane.

I don't think he wants any part of UFC competition unless they threw a lot of money at him.

this next guy he is facing is not really a can. And if he wins this fight he is almost certain to get a top level opponent next.

Back